Best video editor

For reviews of any plays, or musicals, operas, etc. Also a place for those who themselves are performers. YouTube videos are encouraged!!

Moderator: Sean

Mirah
Pleb
Pleb

Best video editor

Post by Mirah »

What is the best free video editing software that you use?
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Best video editor

Post by Lupine »

I haven't edited any videos but some versions of Windows come with one.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

For complex projects, I use Adobe Premiere. Orpheus tipped me off a couple of years ago that Adobe offers free downloads of older versions of their products. Check out this page at Ex Isle. I've downloaded all of those programs and use most of them. It's perfectly legit (Adobe giving away their own software) and it's the real thing-- not crippled versions or anything (just older ones).

For simpler projects, Window Movie Maker is a decent program and easy to use. If you don't have it, that's a free download, too, from the Microsoft site. If you can't find it (the Microsoft site can be slow and hard to navigate), I have the installer backed up somewhere and can get it to you.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Mirah
Pleb
Pleb

Post by Mirah »

Thanks RJ and Lupine. I am sure I have windows movie maker on my work computer which I can certainly use for this project.
My personal devices I use are my chromebook and HP Stream Notebook, I have no idea what the capabilites of either are, just beginning my research.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm not familiar with those devices, but let me know if I might be of any help with your project.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I'm not sure my Windows 10 has one but I just checked the Windows store and they had quite a few available for download.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Everything I look at says "Does not work on your device." :lol: Too bad, too, because they've got a really nice 3D house design program for only ten bucks.

Bill
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Bill »

I bought cyberlinks powerdirector for like 80 us dollars but then they have updates.. and then I lost my os hard-drive and well on the reinstall I had also lost all the install files and since it was older version they did not offer the old install files but I still had.. the codes and all in my mail box -=-- did not matter they want me to buy the new version -- so I don't have the 80 dollars right now to buy that and-- well they want regular monthly payments into their product so -- I can't do that -- at all and I have gone back like five years to an olderversion that I too have the codes for that someone had on the net to download :( but it works Power director 11 and I used that- or I just switch to linux and make it happen there

yeah premier is the best but I don't have that money at all I will look to see what it is they ask for now. ---
Thank you
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Adobe was allowing the free download of older versions of its stuff for a while, but it looks like that page is gone. :(