Author's Thread #12

Post your original works of fiction here.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Author's Thread #12

Post by blablover5 »

I'm honestly surprised Amazon didn't throw a fit because I used the symbol for pi instead of "Pi" on the cover.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

My copy arrived today. It looks great. :thumbsup:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

That was fast.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Amazon Prime. It's a modern miracle.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Sold another copy of Time Immemorial. :dollar:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Great. I'm glad we got some good news this week. :thumbsup:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

It's been 5 months now since I submitted Murder the World to Baen. But I have no idea whether the epidemic has slowed things down there or not.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

You'd think publishers, of all people, would adapt easily to working from home.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Been in the writing doldrums lately. it's coming up on 7 months since I submitted Murder the World to Baen with no word. I've been writing an outline for another Jessen O'kanel novel currently titled Library of Eternity. Not that I need another book in that line, but I really have nothing else going at the moment and I would like to get these ideas written out. Sales at Amazon have been nonexistent for months.
To that end I have been pondering submitting Severance Pay as a novelette and setting it as free. Perhaps that would generate a few sales with the others. Just a thought. What do you guys think?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's a good idea. You could also include the first chapter of another novel as a teaser. The main problem will be what it always is: Publicity.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Very true, but perhaps being Free will help.

In other news the Kindle Create app has updated and now includes paperback support.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:21 pm
What do you guys think?
I've noticed a pattern among your hero essays that you've published on my heroes blog. You tend to view heroism through a different lens, which informs your choice of heroes to write about as well as how you interpret their heroism. I really think people will be drawn to your writings on heroism.

You've published 9 essays on my blog. I think you should write a few more essays and bundle them as a short book entitled, Can Heroes Be… People? -- with the lead essay in the book being the one you last wrote.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Lupine wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:49 pm
In other news the Kindle Create app has updated and now includes paperback support.
Maybe that will encourage me to get my butt in gear and put out another couple of anthologies.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:09 am
You've published 9 essays on my blog. I think you should write a few more essays and bundle them as a short book entitled, Can Heroes Be… People? -- with the lead essay in the book being the one you last wrote.
That's a great idea. I've also thought about publishing my hero essays, along with a couple of other essays mixed in.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:55 pm
That's a great idea. I've also thought about publishing my hero essays, along with a couple of other essays mixed in.
I agree! You have a knack for finding heroes to write about who are unsung and thus very deserving of some recognition.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Kindle won't allow something to be given away free. So now I have to decide whether to charge 99 cents for it, which seems a little steep to me as the novelette is only 14,000 words long.