What Dreams May Come.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: What Dreams May Come.

Post by RJDiogenes »

That's an interesting mix of elements. You could probably make a Sam Spade novel out of that. :lol:

I don't remember a thing about the actual dream (which is probably unfortunate), but I think I've invented a new kind of women's underwear. Imagine kind of a short half slip that's printed to look like beer in a clear mug, and then a kind of ruffle around the waist to represent the foam. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Started off in an open square with a team of people (don't know who) doing some kind of recovery mission. I had a large pack on my back. At some point, we had to either scramble through a tunnel or go over a bridge, and due to the dangers of the bridge, my team chose the tunnel. Problem was, it was too narrow to get my pack through so I reversed out - alone - and took on the enclosed bridge.

There was someone at the entrance providing weapons and armour, and at this point I knew I was in a real-world RPG. The bridge was in sections, each of which had a different challenge to overcome, the first being gorilla zombies.

So they began advancing, and I took ten or fifteen out before they got near me. The last one didn't drop so I shot her again, thinking I'd missed. Again she kept moving so I let off two more shots, at which point one of the techs on the sidelines said "He's just shot you four times!"

She made a comment back, then feigned a spectacular death. The room was empty so I moved forward, and had a choice to make. A man advised me that turning right would be more interesting than going forward, so I did so and arrived in some kind of bar. A few nefarious characters were getting too close so I brandished my gun at one and snarled "Back off, buster!"

As I reached the bar, someone asked me if I was/knew the author of something I'd never heard of. With no clues on which answer they wanted (and was thus less likely to get me shot), I asked why. Turned out she was a fan and was trying to use the book somehow to advise a male friend.

I ended up trying to talk said friend out of alcoholism, and at that point I woke up.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^That's kind of a trippy one. Love the zombie gorillas. :lol:

I haven't been able to remember much lately.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I've been trying to remember one from last night, but all I've got is a big tub or pond full of turtles.
Jim Gamma wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 8:47 am
There was someone at the entrance providing weapons and armour, and at this point I knew I was in a real-world RPG. The bridge was in sections, each of which had a different challenge to overcome, the first being gorilla zombies.
Nice. :lol: The gorilla zombies are definitely a cool idea.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

More vague impressions from last night. It was a hospital dream, mostly resembling BMC, and my old boss Jean was there. Over where the BU should be, there was some kind of construction site and for some reason I was eager to get over there and take pictures before it was too late. In another part of the dream, I went out to my car and found a key in the driver's door lock-- when I looked inside, there were binders and folders stacked on the passenger seat.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Odd. Like someone was trying to pass information along to you.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I got the impression that we had the same kind of car and they mistook mine for theirs. I was curious about what was in those folders. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

A jumble, but I remember shopping but finding some kind of hold up at the meat counter. Then later someone brought some kind of animal over which resembled a very large and shaggy dog but it had a very human like face. Seemed very friendly.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Coincidentally, this was in yesterday's comics. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :lol:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I forgot to mention this morning of last night's dream.
I was at a doctor's office, for an appointment I suppose, but the nurse kept trying to give me pills to take without telling me what they were. I got rather irate and told the doctor that this wasn't going to work out.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Hydroxychloroquine, no doubt. :lol:

I had this weird one where I was in an old office building, like something out of a 1940s movie, but it was all empty of furniture. I and a bunch of other people, all strangers, were hiding in it because of an imminent nuclear attack-- as if it would do us any good. Outside the window, it looked like Boston, but not any specific area, and everything was kind of old-fashioned. I settled myself into a closet in one of the offices and suddenly there was a couple of loud bangs and the building shook. Something fell off the shelf above me. When the building stopped shaking, I crept over to the window and looked out. White flakes were drifting out of the sky like volcanic ash, but I couldn't see any damage out there.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^That sounds kind of spooky.

Just a jumble for me last night. I remember trying to burn a DVD but couldn't find all the scenes I wanted to put in it. Then there was something like a police raid, with me leading them to where it was to take place. I waited some distance off until things quieted down then went in and found my whole family sitting around talking. But it was like from the 90s as my cousins were still pretty young.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I guess the cops got what they needed. Was there anybody in particular missing from the group? :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :lol: Everyone was there.

Dreamed last night but can't make anything out.