Check-In 108: Abundant Palindromic Tetranacci

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In 108: Abundant Palindromic Tetranacci

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, everyone :hello:

Today will be more encyclopedia work, lunch with Mike at Arby's, and ballroom dancing tonight with The Wife :dancer:
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:26 am
ahead an empty day - i shall go down the plot at lunchtime or afternoon - but as for the morn - either study or a stret walk to someplace i think - too wet to slosh thru muddy puddles in the woodland.
I'm glad you won't spend the day waiting for deliveries. But part of me thinks you may actually enjoy doing that :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:37 am
That's pretty good. Maybe we should have a palindrome thread. :lol:
Well unlike yours, I didn't come up with mine. 'Boston' being 'not sob' backwards is the perfect palindrome city. Here are some others.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:28 pm
Gary wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:34 pm
The one developer on my team, who had been hospitalized for Covid, passed away this morning. Needless to say, we're all glum. I had a fear that if he recovered he'd be out until December, if that. This really sucks, because he was a wealth of knowledge, a great mentor, and a great guy.
Damn, that's such sad news :no: Did he have any pre-existing conditions -- obesity, diabetes, hypertension?
Nope. He was in reasonably good health. I wish I could remember what his blood type was. Another guy and I are both Type A. Those with Type A blood are more susceptible to Covid. Those with Type O are the least.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
So sorry to hear of the loss of your coworker, Gary. :no:

Good morning!

We opened up the office to see patients on Tuesday. So far, it has been busy, and crazy. I'm thankful I have a break, today. I have a facial appointment this morning, and an afternoon walk in one of the MetroParks with Sue.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Trash pickup will likely be the highlight of the day.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Well, my temporary tooth was installed today. That was an adventure in discomfort. The purpose is to shape the gum for the permanent implant. I go back in six weeks for a follow-up appointment to ensure the gum is forming properly.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

My long weekend is finally here, after my longer week.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 am
Well unlike yours, I didn't come up with mine. 'Boston' being 'not sob' backwards is the perfect palindrome city.
Well, we could just post our favorites. They're pretty hard to come up with. :lol:
I strongly suspect that those first two are deliberate. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:08 am
Nope. He was in reasonably good health. I wish I could remember what his blood type was. Another guy and I are both Type A. Those with Type A blood are more susceptible to Covid. Those with Type O are the least.
Good to know. I'm O something and so is my Mother.
Cayla wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:17 pm
We opened up the office to see patients on Tuesday. So far, it has been busy, and crazy.
Are you limiting the number of patients at one time?
Lupine wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:47 pm
Trash pickup will likely be the highlight of the day.
I wish we could have two a week. :lol:
Gary wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:44 pm
Well, my temporary tooth was installed today. That was an adventure in discomfort. The purpose is to shape the gum for the permanent implant. I go back in six weeks for a follow-up appointment to ensure the gum is forming properly.
Yeah, I can see how reshaping the gum would be uncomfortable....

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today was a good day -- a nice balance between getting work done and getting nothing done :lol:
Gary wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:08 am
Those with Type A blood are more susceptible to Covid. Those with Type O are the least.
Strangely, I see a hematologist regularly and don't know my blood type. At my last appointment, I asked him -- after all, he's been drawing blood from me regularly for 7 years now. He said, "I don't know." I asked, "How do you not know??" and he said, "That's something we never check for." So when I get my annual physical in December, I'll ask my primary care physician.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:55 pm
I strongly suspect that those first two are deliberate. :lol:
You're right. Adaven, Nevada, cannot be a coincidence :lol: I wonder if dylexics have an advantage in thinking of palindromes? :conf:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:21 pm
Strangely, I see a hematologist regularly and don't know my blood type. At my last appointment, I asked him -- after all, he's been drawing blood from me regularly for 7 years now. He said, "I don't know." I asked, "How do you not know??" and he said, "That's something we never check for." So when I get my annual physical in December, I'll ask my primary care physician.
That's true. It's not a standard test. I only know mine because it's on my Red Cross blood donor card.
You're right. Adaven, Nevada, cannot be a coincidence :lol: I wonder if dylexics have an advantage in thinking of palindromes? :conf:
There's a good idea for a research project. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^ Boston is unique in being composed of two real words when spelled backwards:"Not Sob". I can't think of any other cities that have this trait, can you?

If only Dallas had one 'l' it would be salad backwards. :no:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM
That could be fun, if it's not too cold.
cleaning my hiking boos afterwards would not be much fun.
But part of me thinks you may actually enjoy doing that
only if its 1-2 times a year. i would loathe wasting whole days pressing the refresh button on a computer.
todayshopping with L and sorting out my NVQ training - i have 2 pre-tests and a bunch of documents to upload.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's another nice foggy morning-- why couldn't Mother Nature save this for Halloween? :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:27 am
^ Boston is unique in being composed of two real words when spelled backwards:"Not Sob". I can't think of any other cities that have this trait, can you?
Not offhand. For a minute, I thought "Minneapolis" might qualify, but upon further study it does not.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:05 am
cleaning my hiking boos afterwards would not be much fun.
That's why I keep a second pair of sneakers in my trunk for messy walks.
todayshopping with L and sorting out my NVQ training - i have 2 pre-tests and a bunch of documents to upload.
Good luck. :yes:

:tea:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Friday, all :hello:

More work on the Encyclopedia today. Plus I need to go out and replace the battery on my car key fob. Tonight we celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday by going out to dinner.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:12 am
It's another nice foggy morning-- why couldn't Mother Nature save this for Halloween? :lol:
It's 2020. Mother Nature has something far eerier and more dastardly in mind :lol:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Yesterday, was a beautiful day! I had a facial and massage, followed by a brisk walk with Sue. When I came home, I finished the laundry, changed the bedding, cleaned the second floor, and cleaned the bathroom. In the evening, I took Brutus to his friend, Vito, house to play, while Vito's mommy and I worked on the office Halloween costumes.

After work today, I am meeting Sue and her husband with the meetup.com group for Dairy Queen, and then, if the weather permits, mini-golf.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ but they still need to be cleaned or they wont last very long.....
shopped..workman thinks he will finish today
looking forard to the contents of tomorrow morning - even if not the weather later in the day.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Lizzie is bringing in a rat per night now. Looks like we're making headway in the rat wars.

:cat: 3.
:rat: 0.