Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Re: Check-In 110:sphenic supercentenarian pronic darmstadtium.

Post by Madeliaette »

You're happy even in the middle of a terrible pandemic. What's the secret to happiness?
i dont let the media scare me into a panic - i remain cautious b ut not afraid.
i feel healthy enough to bounce back if i do suffer.
i am taking precautions so that i do not pass it on to others.
I send my life helping other people so feel satisfied and useful.
I truly beielve i will not die until September 2039.
if i have to stay home and isolate - my back yard is enclosed so i can still get fresh air and visit the poly tunnel.
etc etc...
i mean, why would i not be happy - when I have a best friend I can count on, a son with a job and car, my own home and employment with enough savings to manage on for a time if needs be, and peace of mind without fear for the future.i suppose beleif in rebirth allows me to relax - what doesnt get done this time around, i will work on next time....

test done, shopping done. lunch doing - hike is up next - L tells me we will trot somewhere over the downs this arvo.... (wearing masks and standing apart just in case)
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

The only exciting thing I have today is an outing to have my second COVID test. I am pretty sure it is negative. I'm hoping the Board of Health, will set me free from this quarantine. If not, I plan to binge watch Queen's Gambit this weekend.

RJ, I have to wait until the Board of Health calls me with a date and time for the vaccine. Who knows how long that could take. As for the antibody test, I will not be having it at this lab. They called me last night to say they did not take my insurance (I wasn't charged for the first test), so I had to reschedule it, and pay out of pocket. I sent my boss the invoice today. Instead, I will have him write an Rx to the lab next door to my work, and have them do the antibody test, next week.

As for the size can of cream corn...just the normal size...14oz can?
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Update....The Board of Health scheduled my vaccine for 1:45pm on 1/20! :dance:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I've been wondering when I can get my aunt vaccinated. Some elderly in the state already are, but out here... :shrug:

Good morning, all. :nurse:

Finishing up laundry because it's Friday. Need to cut some wood later today.
scottydog wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 am
The good news is Amazon has listed my Queen's Gambit book for sale. It probably still has a few typos in it that I'll need to fix.
:dance: :dance:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

L&I hiked.... for just over 2 hrs this week. a pleasant stroll with a couple of muddy patches. she wanted to go for a walk she had really enjoyed lats year - b ut alas it was marked private road...so she shouldnt have taken it then an d we could nt today.but we passed Goggles and i got a couple of shots on the dud cam era. we may be going for a hike tuesday - as shes homescholing her gra ndkids mondays for the lockdown duration. that will of course depend on the weather and whether or not my covid test is negative. having been in contact with a covid patient i need to make sure the test is nagative both thi week and next week before i am 'safe'...though nif i do get covid, i shall isolate - spring clean the house, work the b ack garden and poly tunn el, and bounce back - or vegetate if i show actual symtpoms and covid hits. the first test results should be heard around monday...

well looks like im down to work all dy tommorrow and a half day sunday - thats nice - a little breather to grab my crops in case its a ositive result. (I shant go near anyone just in case but itd be nice to restock on brussels sprouts and leeks if i am going to be stuck at home for two weeks)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I love it when a three-day weekend sneaks up on me. :dance:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 am
The good news is Amazon has listed my Queen's Gambit book for sale. It probably still has a few typos in it that I'll need to fix.
Purchased! If I find a typo I will demand my money back. :mad:
You're like a little kid on Christmas morning :guffaw:
I'm so adorable. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:11 am
i mean, why would i not be happy
That's what I think-- being happy or sad doesn't change anything, so I might as well be happy.
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:19 pm
As for the size can of cream corn...just the normal size...14oz can?
Okay, I'll try it. It seems like that much creamed corn would need more flour and eggs, but who knows?
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 pm
Inauguration Day! That's great. :D
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:10 pm
she wanted to go for a walk she had really enjoyed lats year - b ut alas it was marked private road...so she shouldnt have taken it then an d we could nt today.
Oops. Maybe the sign wasn't there last year.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Aaaaand I'm off the hook for Jury Duty. :thumbsup:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Yea! :man_judge:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good evening! :hello:

Cayla, glad you're getting you vaccination. Are they guaranteeing the second dose in a month? I'm thinking Florida was not prepared at all for shipments of the vaccine. At least Lake County FL was not prepared. Now it turns out that the second dose is not guaranteed. :wtf: Isn't it pretty useless without the second dose?

Anyway, there were only four cranes today. One did cross the street, but he was by before I got that far. Tomorrow I'm going to have my phone in hand to try and get a close up and personal picture of them.

Tomorrow is my last day of house checking. They get home tomorrow night. I'll go to bring the paper in and check the mail. And pool. I might have to add water to the pool tomorrow.

Here's hoping everyone has a good weekend! :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today was a fun day of walking around the Low Country and eating locally caught shrimp, clams, and scallops :yum:
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:11 am
i dont let the media scare me into a panic - i remain cautious b ut not afraid.
i feel healthy enough to bounce back if i do suffer.
i am taking precautions so that i do not pass it on to others.
I send my life helping other people so feel satisfied and useful.
I truly beielve i will not die until September 2039.
if i have to stay home and isolate - my back yard is enclosed so i can still get fresh air and visit the poly tunnel.
etc etc...
You should write a book entitled, A Caregiver's Guide to Self-Care and Happiness. :writing:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:19 pm
I plan to binge watch Queen's Gambit this weekend.
That's great! Let me know when you're finished and I'll send you a free copy of my short book on Beth Harmon's hero's journey. That goes for everyone else at ReNext, too.
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:41 pm
That's awesome :bounce:
Lupine wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:47 pm
I've been wondering when I can get my aunt vaccinated. Some elderly in the state already are, but out here... :shrug:
It's a mystery here in Richmond, too, about when we're due for vaccinations. There's a lot of disorganization.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:48 pm
Purchased! If I find a typo I will demand my money back. :mad:
Thank you so much :yes: That's very kind of you. Have your started watching the miniseries yet? Be sure to watch before reading my booklet.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:20 pm
Aaaaand I'm off the hook for Jury Duty. :thumbsup:
Congratulations! :dance:
jgc wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:57 am
Now it turns out that the second dose is not guaranteed. :wtf: Isn't it pretty useless without the second dose?
One dose is better than no dose at all, but getting both doses is significantly better than one dose.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm....off to work in a tick. full day today an d half day tomorrow...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Okay, it looks like the first day of a three-day weekend. I'm keeping a close eye on this calendar. I don't trust it. :whatever:
jgc wrote:
I'm thinking Florida was not prepared at all for shipments of the vaccine.
I don't think anyone was prepared.
Anyway, there were only four cranes today. One did cross the street
Why?
Tomorrow I'm going to have my phone in hand to try and get a close up and personal picture of them.
Cool. I want to see crane pictures.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:42 am
Thank you so much :yes: That's very kind of you. Have your started watching the miniseries yet? Be sure to watch before reading my booklet.
I have not, but I will try to.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:57 am
gm....off to work in a tick. full day today an d half day tomorrow...
I hope all goes well.

:tea:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, everyone :hello:

Not sure what we'll do today here in Beaufort. There are cute shops but I'm not going in them because of COVID. So we may walk the beaches and the waterfronts which are all quite beautiful. I'll try to take some pics.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 am
jgc wrote:
Anyway, there were only four cranes today. One did cross the street
Why?
If the street was flat and Spanish, then the crane in Spain crossed mainly on the plain. :mellow:

Hope y'all have a groovy day :cooldude:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

well my 4 morning calls and lunch call are all done. i am the only carer on tonight and have 5 calls... so it should run smoothly, provided the driver arrives on time. this morning was ok, but we would have been done 15 minutes earlier if the other carer hadnt have been late!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

My COVID test was negative, and the antibody test was negative. I sent the test results to my case worker at the Board of Health. I doubt I will hear anything by Monday, so I will leave it up to the Dr. and Cruella to decided if they want me to return Monday or Tuesday. As per my letter from the Ohio Board of Health, I am taking my self out of quarantine as of today.

I watched the entire series of Queen's Gambit, yesterday. Well, minus the last 20 minutes of the last episode, because my Netflix app went out on me, and as it was already 12:20AM, I decided to finish it later today. I loved it! It wasn't what I expected.

Madeliaette, please be careful, and do not fall for the notion that COVID is just like having the flu....it is not. Kelly is a vegan, and does intensive kickboxing training 10 1/2 hours per week. She was bedridden for 10 days. Last Sunday, I almost sent her to the ER. I also have a 47-year-old patient, whose only underlining health issue is a dog and cat allergy. He is a Crossfit Trainer, and weightlifter. He was in the hospital for 14 days, and on a ventilator with a 10% chance of making it. It took him several months to get back to normal health.

scottydog, have fun in Beaufort.

jgc, I will be getting the next vaccine in 3-4 weeks. They have both of my vaccines.