Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Special - 4 Parts

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Special - 4 Parts

Post by RJDiogenes »

:lol:

It is pretty vivid. I wonder how long before the Internet realizes this aspect of retroactive Bigeneration.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

So, yesterday was the Christmas Special (Part 4) . I don't know why everyone was "blown away" by it. I found it rather uninteresting and unoriginal. Although Ncuti Gatwa displays excellent singing skills, the story seems like a rip-off of Labyrinth wherein there is a Goblin King. Russell T. Davies is trying to set up a story arc that has a bit to do with this: Doctor Who fans left mystified by unexpected TARDIS revelation in Christmas special (SPOILERS Sweetie).

I don't know why everyone is mystified by Mrs. Flood. Seems they forgot about the (obviously) elderly female hand that snagged the Toymaker's tooth at the end of the previous episode, which I suspect was Mrs. Flood's. Either way, I found Ruby Sunday to be rather flat (both the character and the actress). I don't know if I'll bother watching the show from this point forward. FWIW, Disney+ has the broadcast rights for Doctor Who going forward.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, between the Timeless Child thing and the implications of the bi-regeneration, my enthusiasm has seriously waned.

I see that they're speculating that Mrs Flood could be River Song. They've done some similar wordplay with her name before, so that could be possible. She may have regenerated again somehow.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape: