Check-In 132: Pronic Aethra Ogle - HNY 2024

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In 132: Pronic Aethra Ogle - HNY 2024

Post by scottydog »

Heading out in a few minutes to meet my old college buddy and her husband for drinks. This should be fun, unless it's terribly awkward :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:29 pm
Chapters, short stories, quantum physics lectures, the daily comics-- nothing but lazy indulgence today. :lol:
I get the sense that retirement is starting to agree with you :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
That's cool. Are you Friends on Facebook or have mutual Friends or something?
Facebook friends. That's one good thing about FB -- it's reunited me with several long lost friends from yesteryear.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Every time someone I know dies, I think about what the universe owes them.
Like a rebate or something?
RJDiogenes wrote:
First one of the planks breaks and you fall through, barely managing to hook one of your legs over the rope as you dangle upside down over the raging rapids and deadly rocks hundreds of feet below for a couple of terrifying minutes. Then the rope snaps.
Yep, that's the rickety old bridge trope :lol: What's the trope for exploring Northern California wine country?
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.Stormy or just cold?
2.That's one of the things I was involved with at St. Margaret's, several decades ago.
3.I haven't seen her in over 40 years so this will be strange and wonderful at the same time.
4.whether they were able to work through their issues in the life
1. there was a weather warning - an alert....but it didnt happoen. Lisa didnt bring Muku and let her stay home with big sis....for nothing.
gales.png
2 its a big part of my current care position, too
3. wekll 40 years is nothing compared to eons and eons.....i meet people in this life i knew in former lives...not just former decades!!
4 extremely few people work thru aveyrthing in one lifetime...we are not all Buddhas!! if you work a little on 2-3 things it helps progress you thru the constant reruns......

so yesterday i did a lot of chanting/zooms and workbook. today i have 3 hrs work 3-4 zooms and the last tiny piece of workbook.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Hopefully more lazy indulgence awaits today, perhaps with a bit of productivity thrown in.
Lupine wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:14 pm
That works! :yes:
:D
We're all twisted. :lol:
Isn't it wonderful. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:49 pm
This should be fun, unless it's terribly awkward :lol:
Good luck. She's probably going to propose wife-swapping or something. :lol:
I get the sense that retirement is starting to agree with you :lol:
I should have done this forty years ago. :yes:
Like a rebate or something?
Or coupons. Something.
Yep, that's the rickety old bridge trope :lol: What's the trope for exploring Northern California wine country?
Discovering that the hundred-acre vineyard really only has an outer perimeter of grapevines, and the rest is all illegal marijuana plants.
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:22 am
there was a weather warning - an alert....but it didnt happoen. Lisa didnt bring Muku and let her stay home with big sis....for nothing.
Aww, that's too bad. That was a pretty serious warning, though.
i meet people in this life i knew in former lives...not just former decades!!
Do you recognize anybody at ReNext? :D

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Tuesday, everyone :hello:

Last night went well with my former college buddy and her hubby. We had fun reminiscing and vowed not to wait another 42 years until we meet again. After all, it's awkward meeting up with people when you're all dead :mellow:

Today is our last day in Carmel. Tomorrow we'll drive into San Francisco for the day before heading to The Holy Land itself -- Napa Valley :eek:
Madeliaette wrote:
40 years is nothing compared to eons and eons.....i meet people in this life i knew in former lives...not just former decades!!
Do the people you knew before also recognize you from that former life?
Madeliaette wrote:
extremely few people work thru aveyrthing in one lifetime...we are not all Buddhas!! if you work a little on 2-3 things it helps progress you thru the constant reruns....
I'm glad to hear this. But here's a question -- what happens if the human race destroys itself? Might our next life be on another planet in a faraway galaxy?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:19 am
Hopefully more lazy indulgence awaits today, perhaps with a bit of productivity thrown in.
The mere existence of lazy productive indulgences is proof that retirement is a mysterious state of irony and paradox.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Good luck. She's probably going to propose wife-swapping or something. :lol:
No wife swapping. She's still cute, though, so the thought of it isn't repugnant at all.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I should have done this forty years ago. :yes:
If only we could have invested in Apple and Google 40 years ago, we wouldn't have needed to work at all :mellow:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Discovering that the hundred-acre vineyard really only has an outer perimeter of grapevines, and the rest is all illegal marijuana plants.
That's a good story seed. Kind of like the shock of discovering what Soylent Green really is.....
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, twisted.

Another day has been dry heaved upon us.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:49 pm
RJDiogenes wrote:
First one of the planks breaks and you fall through, barely managing to hook one of your legs over the rope as you dangle upside down over the raging rapids and deadly rocks hundreds of feet below for a couple of terrifying minutes. Then the rope snaps.
RJDiogenes wrote:
i meet people in this life i knew in former lives...not just former decades!!
Do you recognize anybody at ReNext? :D
I hope not. :unsure:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:19 pm

Last night went well with my former college buddy and her hubby. We had fun reminiscing and vowed not to wait another 42 years until we meet again. After all, it's awkward meeting up with people when you're all dead :mellow:
People never take that last part into consideration. :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Yes, I managed several lazy indulgences and some productivity. What's wrong with me? :unsure:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:19 pm
The mere existence of lazy productive indulgences is proof that retirement is a mysterious state of irony and paradox.
Groovy. Another superposition. :cooldude:
No wife swapping. She's still cute, though, so the thought of it isn't repugnant at all.
Oh, well. It's a story seed, anyway. :lol:
If only we could have invested in Apple and Google 40 years ago, we wouldn't have needed to work at all :mellow:
Some people were lucky enough to have done that.
That's a good story seed. Kind of like the shock of discovering what Soylent Green really is.....
Except this would be a good shock. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:43 pm
Procrastination never ends well. :dead:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

'Twas a good final day in the quaint village of Carmel. We went to Point Lobos Park -- check out those photos :eek:
Lupine wrote:
Another day has been dry heaved upon us.
Just think, in some universes, the heave is a wet one :as:
Lupine wrote:
Very true. Death stalks us while we remain tidily in denial.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:11 pm
What's wrong with me? :unsure:
Nothing that an 8-volume treatise can't answer :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Some people were lucky enough to have done that.
But how did they know? That's more evidence of time travel!
RJDiogenes wrote:
Procrastination never ends well. :dead:
Don't there have to be universes where procrastination ends well? :conf:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.Do you recognize anybody at ReNext?
2.it's awkward meeting up with people when you're all dead
3.Do the people you knew before also recognize you from that former life?
4.what happens if the human race destroys itself? Might our next life be on another planet in a faraway galaxy?
5.Do you recognize anybody at ReNext?
I hope not.
6.What's wrong with me
7.Death stalks us while we remain tidily in denial.
1.not in detail....though Lupe and Elara I have known at some previous life point in the past, i think - but i dont know if we were related, friends, coworkers, whatever...
2 on the contrary....the intention to meet again might resurface when you are both reborn.....one of you might be in a nursing home in their last days of life while the other a fly who comes to 'bother' you with that intended meeting.....
3 not to my knowledge.they might have some sort of deja vu or warmth/attraction....but no details are known. at least...only one current friend has recognised a pre-life connection with me - when we were misbehaving sisters living in Tibet.we were a couple of black sheep in the single family then!
4 if humanity qwipes itself out on this planet, those that are karmically to be rebirther as humans will be born on another planet in another galaxy. yes...constantly on repeat big bang - various planets possible for life at various points...big crunch. so borrringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggly repeated over and over anbd over again. basically if enough people on this planet fail to make progressive steps, theyt will bereborn as animals, hungry ghosts, hell beings...not humans. this world will become a hell realm and hell beings will bereborn here to siuffer. whereas those who caused little-no harm, who took steps to remedy their faults, and had good intentions will be reborn human elsewhere if humanity cannot continue here - or return here voluntarily if they have reached such a stage in their own path so that they can assist those remaining.
5. why? do you recall a life we shared before and have a wish to forget it.....? i can only connect to having shared something at some time - im not advanced/expoeriuenced enough to recall ALL former lives of ALL beings like the Buddha. its often just a 'somewhere, somewhen' feeling that i dont investigate further.
6 you asked..... you prefer laziness to productivity until it reaches the point where you feel you have done too little and regret not having made a better effort to do more. so....make a list of all the things you want to get done - and make sure you tick off at least TWO items every single day-then be lazy after. nthat way stuff gets done and you dont feel bad about it - and get to be lazy!
7 speak for yourself!! i knoiw my current set of karma expires when a job i need to do is done....sept 6 2039.i may not have perfected my practices enough to become a relaized being, but i have taken sufficient steps to ensure a human rebirth which is part of my karmic path, that i work on to retain. i have a role to play in my next life, and am working onthat maintianing enough good karma to actualise it from intention.im not perfected, im not realised, but i know snippets of wisdom - enough to progress rather than be unaware.

today= 3 zooms, one workshop, a long zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and nightshift.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Another day has dawned! Well, technically, in about two hours....
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:53 am
'Twas a good final day in the quaint village of Carmel. We went to Point Lobos Park -- check out those photos :eek:
That's a beautiful spot indeed. But where's the carmel?
Nothing that an 8-volume treatise can't answer :lol:
True. I'm a pretty simple guy. :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book: :book:
But how did they know? That's more evidence of time travel!
They used their fortune to build time machines to go back and give themselves stock tips-- it's a predestination paradox!
Don't there have to be universes where procrastination ends well? :conf:
There are rumors about a goodthingscometothosewhowaitverse, but it's not on any map. :unsure:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:03 am
not in detail....though Lupe and Elara I have known at some previous life point in the past, i think - but i dont know if we were related, friends, coworkers, whatever...
That's pretty cool. I feel left out, but that's all right. :lol:
yes...constantly on repeat big bang - various planets possible for life at various points...big crunch.
Oh, so you believe in a cyclic universe? Me too. Well, I think that's part of the big picture, anyway. Is that a Buddhist belief in general, or a personal belief?
you asked..... you prefer laziness to productivity until it reaches the point where you feel you have done too little and regret not having made a better effort to do more. so....make a list of all the things you want to get done - and make sure you tick off at least TWO items every single day-then be lazy after. nthat way stuff gets done and you dont feel bad about it - and get to be lazy!
Well, I was being sarcastic because it was a pretty well-rounded day; but, yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. :lol:
but i have taken sufficient steps to ensure a human rebirth
At least in the next life we'll have known each other in a previous life. :D

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I ended up working until closing time, last night. :yawn: One more day of work. Afterwards, I am meeting Vlad at my local watering hole for an hour or so. My flight leaves late morning, tomorrow. I am not taking my laptop, so I will not be checking in again until Tuesday.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, everyone :hello:

This morning we'll drive north into San Francisco and do Lombard Street. For some reason, the Wife has always wanted to see that street in person. Then we'll drive across the Golden Gate Bridge and head to the Holy Land -- Napa Valley :worship: :grapes: :wine_glass:
Cayla wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:27 pm
My flight leaves late morning, tomorrow. I am not taking my laptop, so I will not be checking in again until Tuesday.
Have fun and enjoy the warmth! :bye:
Madeliaette wrote:
though Lupe and Elara I have known at some previous life point in the past, i think - but i dont know if we were related, friends, coworkers, whatever...
I wonder if you, Lupy, and Elara were part of some lurid love triangle. Perhaps you and Lupy were married and you caught him in bed with Elara, prompting you to give her some of her first major injuries :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
if humanity qwipes itself out on this planet, those that are karmically to be rebirther as humans will be born on another planet in another galaxy. yes...constantly on repeat big bang - various planets possible for life at various points...
That's a very cool possibility. Some astrophysicists believe that the Big Bang is cyclically repeating itself. And why not? Everything else in the universe is constantly recycling.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:23 am
I'm been searching for caramels like crazy but can't find any :mad:
RJDiogenes wrote:
There are rumors about a goodthingscometothosewhowaitverse, but it's not on any map. :unsure:
And yet the map is full of hewhohesitatesislostverses :mellow:
RJDiogenes wrote:
That's pretty cool. I feel left out, but that's all right. :lol:
In my love-triangle scenario, you should feel glad to be left out :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
At least in the next life we'll have known each other in a previous life. :D
That's a good point. We should ask Maddie how, karmically speaking, your next relationship with her will be influenced by your current one.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, karmics. :yin_yang:

It's National Beer Can Appreciation Day! :beer: :wtf:
And National Peanut Butter Day! :sandwich:

As for here it's just Shopping Day! :shopping_bags:
Madeliaette wrote:
5. why? do you recall a life we shared before and have a wish to forget it.....? i
With my luck I would probably have been a Berserk, or a Hashashin, or one of the Golden Horde. Wouldn't that have been just fun. :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:53 am
Just under the surface, beneath the nougat.
Cayla wrote:
I ended up working until closing time, last night. :yawn: One more day of work. Afterwards, I am meeting Vlad at my local watering hole for an hour or so. My flight leaves late morning, tomorrow. I am not taking my laptop, so I will not be checking in again until Tuesday.
Have fun! :hello:
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:27 pm
This morning we'll drive north into San Francisco and do Lombard Street. For some reason, the Wife has always wanted to see that street in person.
I have seen it though we didn't drive it. We were thinking about it, but then a guy walked by, looking at the street then at our truck and shook his head. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Madeliaette wrote:
though Lupe and Elara I have known at some previous life point in the past, i think - but i dont know if we were related, friends, coworkers, whatever...
I wonder if you, Lupy, and Elara were part of some lurid love triangle. Perhaps you and Lupy were married and you caught him in bed with Elara, prompting you to give her some of her first major injuries :lol:
All while we were taking part in the Battle of Crécy. :bow_and_arrow:
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Evening all! University has been slaying me for a year now, and in 2 days I will, at age 41, be a homeowner. (Nice 2-bed apartment.) It'll take a few months to buy furniture etc, but hoping to be up and running by early April.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Congratulations on the home purchase! :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Today I learned that our decisions don't make alternate universes-- alternate universes make room for our decisions. :mellow:
Jim Gamma wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:33 pm
Evening all! University has been slaying me for a year now, and in 2 days I will, at age 41, be a homeowner. (Nice 2-bed apartment.) It'll take a few months to buy furniture etc, but hoping to be up and running by early April.
Good grief! The elusive Jim Gamma has appeared with big news! Congratulations! Post pics and stuff! So are you not moving in until April, or you just won't be fully Feng Shui'd until April?
Cayla wrote:
My flight leaves late morning, tomorrow. I am not taking my laptop, so I will not be checking in again until Tuesday.
Oh no! :afraid: Just kidding. Enjoy your time off the grid. Watch out for sharks. :D
scottydog wrote:
This morning we'll drive north into San Francisco and do Lombard Street. For some reason, the Wife has always wanted to see that street in person.
Interesting. I've never heard of it before. But don't forget Haight-Ashbury!
To me, this has the ring of truth. :yes:
And yet the map is full of hewhohesitatesislostverses :mellow:
I went to buy one of those maps and they were all sold out. :(
In my love-triangle scenario, you should feel glad to be left out :lol:
This is the common denominator of all universes. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:54 pm
It's National Beer Can Appreciation Day! :beer: :wtf:
Hopefully National Tea Bottle Day won't be far behind.

All while we were taking part in the Battle of Crécy. :bow_and_arrow:
Ah, those hazy, Crécy days of youth.