Check-In 132: Pronic Aethra Ogle - HNY 2024

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: Check-In 132: Pronic Aethra Ogle - HNY 2024

Post by Gary »

I had taken over moving bales of hay for the horses for my neighbors since December(?) and moved the last bale today. The cats and I napped on the couch for just over an hour. Otherwise, I've been catching up on YouTube-related developer training.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

As predicted, it was a quiet day full of pleasant nothingness.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:07 pm
Today was indeed a lazy day, but without napping somehow.
Uh oh. No Nappy Means Unhappy. You can quote me.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Hmm. I'll have to put Hiero's name in some of the art generators and see what happens. :lol:
I prompted Bing AI to produce Hiero's work on steroids. Check out the AI art thread, and brace yourself....
RJDiogenes wrote:
More, if it's a teaching hospital.
That's hard to even imagine.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Always a sound practice when traveling.
I'm paranoid about remaining healthy when in remote places, like those south Pacific islands last September. Some of these 2nd world places scare me and I don't want to be anywhere near a hospital.
Gary wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:48 pm
The cats and I napped on the couch for just over an hour.
It's hard to believe you can nap on a couch with your cats without contorting your body into untenable positions.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Howdy. :hello: Check-in #2 of today. I've got mt Stephen King book !!

Turns out, while I was incarcerated at the Rehab facility, my neighbors took in a few packages for me.Today, Nurse Steven (Queenie's guardian for the last two months of my stay)came back from doing some errands for me and the woman stopped him and gave him the packages they had, and one of tham was my bookI! I know it's kind of early , but I'm going to get in my PJ's, get in bed, and read some :D

I still have a lot to catch up on here, and I'll dive right in while I'm having coffee in the morning. :lol:

so, Good Night - you all have a nice evening and I'll check in again in the morning. :thumbsup: :hello:

I'm so glad to be back!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.So what is it about the AI images that disturbs you.
2.I don't understand how that relates to art.
3.There are various reasons that the inactive ingredients are there
1 i dont know...i just find them disturbing.
2 so we can describe and explain rather than depict
3 well i dont trust them.its mainly so pharmaceutical companies can distinguish theirs from others they add coloring and gel caps for example...

& welcome back jcg...good to see you posting again! :thumbsup:

today i have Muku 7am til 2pm...then study. oh we are past post 400...time to keep my eyes open.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

This is Monday. Today will follow a normal schedule. Whatever that is.
jgc wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:21 am
Howdy. :hello: Check-in #2 of today. I've got mt Stephen King book !!
Merry Christmas. :mellow:
Turns out, while I was incarcerated at the Rehab facility, my neighbors took in a few packages for me.
That was nice of them.
Today, Nurse Steven (Queenie's guardian for the last two months of my stay)came back from doing some errands for me
And that's very nice of him. I'm glad you've got people around looking out for you. :yes:
I still have a lot to catch up on here, and I'll dive right in while I'm having coffee in the morning. :lol:
Did you ever figure out what's going on with your phone?
And we're glad to have you home and back. :hug:
Gary wrote:
I had taken over moving bales of hay for the horses for my neighbors since December(?) and moved the last bale today.
So... what happens now? :unsure:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 pm
Uh oh. No Nappy Means Unhappy. You can quote me.
You can put that on the back of the tee shirt. :lol:
I prompted Bing AI to produce Hiero's work on steroids. Check out the AI art thread, and brace yourself....
Uh oh.... :lol:
That's hard to even imagine.
And then there's the million times they check your wristband and ask for your date of birth.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:43 am
i dont know...i just find them disturbing.
Interesting. Does that apply to all of them or just the weird ones that pop up in this thread? Have you ever checked out the AI thread that we have? We've also posted more artistic and photorealistic stuff there.
so we can describe and explain rather than depict
All art forms are methods of communication-- and all are technology.
well i dont trust them.its mainly so pharmaceutical companies can distinguish theirs from others they add coloring and gel caps for example...
Some are to make them more palatable, both in terms of taste and ease of swallowing. Some are to prevent the medicine from dissipating too quickly to be absorbed or help it get digested in some other way. Some are just to hold the medicine in place because it might be unmanageable in its raw form. Some are to extend shelf life. There's pretty much always a good reason for the inactive ingredients.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, everyone. This morning I'll take a walk with Tim at Bryan Park, after which it's lunch with fellow retired pal George. That's about it, unless I squeeze in a trip to the gym, too.
jgc wrote:
Turns out, while I was incarcerated at the Rehab facility, my neighbors took in a few packages for me.
Funny you should use the word "incarcerated". My mother-in-law calls her assisted living facility her "prison" :eek:
jgc wrote:
Good Night - you all have a nice evening and I'll check in again in the morning. :thumbsup: :hello:
Good night and Good morning to you! It's nice to have you checking in again :yes:
Madeliaette wrote:
today i have Muku 7am til 2pm...then study. oh we are past post 400...time to keep my eyes open.
Have you ever named a new thread after Muku?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:46 am
Today will follow a normal schedule. Whatever that is.
It sounds like an Abby Normal schedule, which is stitched together in piecemeal fashion.
RJDiogenes wrote:
And then there's the million times they check your wristband and ask for your date of birth.
I'm glad they ask for DOB a million times. We sometimes hear horror stories of doctors performing procedures on the wrong patient :scared:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Some are to make them more palatable, both in terms of taste and ease of swallowing. Some are to prevent the medicine from dissipating too quickly to be absorbed or help it get digested in some other way. Some are just to hold the medicine in place because it might be unmanageable in its raw form. Some are to extend shelf life. There's pretty much always a good reason for the inactive ingredients.
Yes, usually there's some method to the madness. The shape matters, too. For example, the daily cranberry pill I take was once round like a marble and tough to swallow. I suspect there were complaints, and hopefully not a choking incident, because soon after they narrowed it into a skinny cylindar shape.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, jgc welcomers. :hello:

It's President's Day!*

*Only applicable in former British colonies in North America with active Presidential offices. Terms and conditions apply.

Will probably do some more weeding today as the predicted rain storm- the one with flood and tornado warnings attached- seems to be fizzling out.
jgc wrote:
You should check out the AI art forum. :lol:
jgc wrote:

And we're happy to have you back. :hug:
Madeliaette wrote:
Well, maybe some of the stuff Scotty creates. :lol:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Howdy!! :hello:

Another thing Nurse Steven brought here was a bsby gate forv tyhe top of my stairs, so maybe Baby Jane won't fall again. oh, I know a baby gate won't be able to hold me back'but if I feel it in front of me in the dark, I'll just think to Back Up. away from the gate.and maybe won't be breaking anything like my thumb again.

The occupational therapist was just ere and I expect her back weekly. She's going to help me with my hand that was affected by the stroke in September

later this afternoon, Nurse Steven is going to come by and take me to the bank. then I have things I need to do online, like pay a few bills that didn't get paid at the beginning of the month.

I have to get myself put together to go do errands.

Check in again later :hug:
So what's the big deal wwith AI? What's wrong with human Intelligence?
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

jgc wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:37 pm
You have to ask? :veryhappy:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:02 pm
Madeliaette wrote:
Says the man who just had AI generate images of Neanderthal women in skimpy bikinis :guffaw:
jgc wrote:
For one thing, artificial intelligence isn't prone to all the many human biases in thinking.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:57 pm
Lupine wrote:
Madeliaette wrote:
Says the man who just had AI generate images of Neanderthal women in skimpy bikinis :guffaw:
But that was your fault. :P
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Cayla must be busy lately. We've only been getting weather updates. I want to know what's up with Vlad and Brutus. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:23 am
It sounds like an Abby Normal schedule, which is stitched together in piecemeal fashion.
No stitching, just a house of cards. :lol:
I'm glad they ask for DOB a million times. We sometimes hear horror stories of doctors performing procedures on the wrong patient :scared:
They're very careful. Pretty much every person you encounter checks you.
Yes, usually there's some method to the madness. The shape matters, too. For example, the daily cranberry pill I take was once round like a marble and tough to swallow. I suspect there were complaints, and hopefully not a choking incident, because soon after they narrowed it into a skinny cylindar shape.
This bodes ill for my proposed line of dinosaur-shaped vitamins.
Lupine wrote:
It's President's Day!*

*Only applicable in former British colonies in North America with active Presidential offices. Terms and conditions apply.
They should just change it back to Washington's Birthday and leave it at that. :lol:
You should check out the AI art forum. :lol:
Yes, definitely! Click here, jgc. :D
jgc wrote:
oh, I know a baby gate won't be able to hold me back'but if I feel it in front of me in the dark, I'll just think to Back Up. away from the gate.and maybe won't be breaking anything like my thumb again.
That's a good idea. You should also use your phone as a flashlight if you're walking in the dark. Or maybe get a nightlight or something.
later this afternoon, Nurse Steven is going to come by and take me to the bank.
This guy is really a big help. :yes:
It's stupid. :lol: AI actually has many advantages from speed to attention to detail to pattern recognition. Aside from its uses as a creative tool, it's already helping to make great strides in medicine and astronomy and archaeology, among other things.
Lupine wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:36 pm
You have to ask? :veryhappy:
:lol:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Gary wrote:
I had taken over moving bales of hay for the horses for my neighbors since December(?) and moved the last bale today.
So... what happens now? :unsure:
They're going to have to find some bales of hay very soon. The grass won't start growing until April, at the earliest.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today was busy, having met up with Tim, George, and Nick, all separately. But I managed to squeeze in some nappiness.
Lupine wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:14 pm
scottydog wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:57 pm
But that was your fault. :P
I just found out the NightCafe isn't free. Damn. I don't want to pay a monthly fee :no:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:25 pm
Cayla must be busy lately. We've only been getting weather updates. I want to know what's up with Vlad and Brutus. :lol:
Maybe she and Vlad are on the skids after she gave him the ultimatum, "It's either me and Florida or you and nobody! Choose now!" :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
This bodes ill for my proposed line of dinosaur-shaped vitamins.
That's brilliant. No reason why those vitamins can't be swallowable.
RJDiogenes wrote:
They should just change it back to Washington's Birthday and leave it at that. :lol:
What about Lincoln? And the legendary Franklin Pierce?
RJDiogenes wrote:
It's stupid. :lol: AI actually has many advantages from speed to attention to detail to pattern recognition. Aside from its uses as a creative tool, it's already helping to make great strides in medicine and astronomy and archaeology, among other things.
Not to mention the prospect of the apocalypse :popcorn:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.There's pretty much always a good reason for the inactive ingredients./The shape matters, too.
2.So what's the big deal wwith AI? What's wrong with human Intelligence?
3.Or maybe get a nightlight or something.
1. i disagree. i'd rather it tastes yukky and came in a different format than had additives. But additive free options do not exoist.
2. im with you on that one - but these men, sigh..... lol
3 my client has a mini light that pliugs into a hallway socket - so his carers on nightshoift do not stumble when bringing him his cup of tea!!

yesterday went well - no mishaps and a delish cherry-choc cake for Muku to take 3/4 home with her. L noticed she isnt fond of numbers....we were wondering if she might be numerically dyslexic, as she knows the name of lots of numbers but doesnt put them in the right order.she may just be lazy and uninterested though, as my son didnt enjoy math at all either, yet both seem intelligent on other areas.talking of whom....today is the day my son attends court concerning ownership of an illegal Japanese Samurai sword....I am assuming he will be home tonight, but he is taking precautions such as turning off his heating etc in case he goes to jail. It is far more likely he will pay a fine or do community service or get a suspended sentence, but.... :no: i wonder when laws will come into play that one cannot own gardemn tools - the way this country is going to proitect against potnential attacks.maybe one wont be allowed a saw or shears or garden knife soon....those tools have to be taken out of the house to use....whereas my sons sword never left his room and was not for use....yet is regarded as illegal. i am unimpressed with that lkaw on ownership. i can agree with it being ilklegal to use or remove fro the house....but as a display item in the room of someone interested in Japanese culture? i dont get that being illegal follows sense.

anyway apart from my sons depression/anxiety levels getting higher and his uncertainty this afternoon, my day contains the usual stuff - 3 zooms 3 hrs work and either a triup to theplot to bury some more p[otatos or house choreds.