Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:10 pm
He happens to know someone who specializes in ICF construction and will get all three of us together to talk shop very soon. I am FINALLY past the research and dreaming stage and into the initial planning stages.
So where will this new house be built? On your current property somehow?
Yes, built on my property. I can't decide if it should occupy most of the footprint of the existing home or be located elsewhere. The existing home will be razed for sure.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

While organizing today, I came across the August 1967 issue of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. Apparently I've put off Spring cleaning longer than I thought. :unsure:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:31 am
After all that, it's unavailable for purchase. That's cruel. :lol:
I read somewhere that Christianity was better before the Roman Empire adopted it as their official religion. Before then, it was true to its loving origins; after that, it became politicized and bureaucratized.
Sort of like Disney taking over Star Wars.
Union rules for Easter rabbits are quite similar for Santa and for tooth fairies -- a minimum of two days off, plus a bottle of old-vine Zinfandel.
He'll be staggering down the Bunny Trail.
As befitting my last name, my dream house would look like an A from the sky. The entire basement would be the wine cellar, with the secondary basement holding the chocolate vault.
That's brilliant. But it would only buy Kirk 625 days before the apocalypse hit.
Plenty of time to set phasers to immolate.
Or Rome, right near the old coliseum. Imagine all the fix-it opportunities for Gary if he actually moved into the coliseum....
Rome wasn't built in a day, but Gary will fix it in a day. :wizard2:
Cayla wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:01 pm
After work, I soaked in the hot tub, and then watched TV in bed.
That's my kind of Easter. You could have boiled your Easter eggs while soaking. :D
Lupine wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:59 pm
It's April 1st. :mellow:
Are you kidding me? :unsure:
Rest. Laying all those eggs is probably pretty taxing. :as:
Especially for boy bunnies. :ohno:
At least we know how to defeat a malicious AI now. :thinking:
"Norman, coordinate...."
I think I would be content with a Hobbit house.
Actually, I love those Hobbit houses. I would be very happy with a Hobbit house if I could get one in my size.
Gary wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:29 pm
Yes, built on my property. I can't decide if it should occupy most of the footprint of the existing home or be located elsewhere. The existing home will be razed for sure.
Whoa. So the old house will be gone before the new one begins.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today was a very quiet, relaxing day. In other words -- boring.
Cayla wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:01 pm
I worked 9 hours yesterday. In those hours, I did 20,000 steps.
Ouch. Your feet must have hurt. When I walk 18 holes of golf, I only get 15,000 steps and I'm hurting.
Lupine wrote:

It's also National Garlic Month- unless that's a joke. :unsure:
If it's National Garlic Month, then automatically it's also National Halitosis Month.
Lupine wrote:

Me too! A nice, quaint Hobbit house would be ideal :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:41 pm
While organizing today, I came across the August 1967 issue of Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. Apparently I've put off Spring cleaning longer than I thought. :unsure:
Ha! Except you were only 6 years only in 1967 and my guess is you weren't even supposed to do spring cleaning then.
RJDiogenes wrote:
After all that, it's unavailable for purchase. That's cruel. :lol:
Indeed. A lot of wines are sold out and gone forever and thus extinct. No one talks about the tragedy of mass wine extinctions.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Oh yes, that's my consummate custom-made home, especially since purple is my favorite color :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
:guffaw: Even Gary needs time to hire the right people and order supplies. So the saying should be that Rome wasn't fixed in a day.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:

Maybe you can find JImmy Hoffa.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Actually, I love those Hobbit houses. I would be very happy with a Hobbit house if I could get one in my size.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:44 pm

Me too! A nice, quaint Hobbit house would be ideal :yes:
We should start a settlement somewhere.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

scottydog wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:10 pm
Except Triffids. Triffids are nothing but trouble. :no:
pheew, what a relief! I didn't know the species and had to look it up to find it is fictional. I had feared that I had lost touch to botanical developments (40 years ago I worked as a landscape gardener and the company where I underwent my apprenticeship also bred trees, shrubs and flowers so that I usually have a good species knowledge).
Triffids sound interesting, though. Must read the book.

My sis called in a family brainstorming about the house. It needs repairs urgently and dad never does anything. It's crumbling to pieces and terribly moldy.
We have 2 months to read up on heritage law and think of a suggestion how to manage the house (we are 3 siblings but the house is very difficult to divide as it is built for 2 parties) and how to deal with necessary repairs. In June, we'll meet again, compare plans and try to find a solution that fits all. With that we go to a lawyer and make a contract. And my parents will make a will, accordingly.
Independently of that I am going to renovate and insulate my room this year as the mold is health threatening and the room is horribly cold in winter, having as good as no insulation. It'll cost me an arm and a leg but not fighting the mold could cost me my life.
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.Does it happen at the same time every day, like when they begin their work?
2.Is this what the bottle looked like?
3.Please let us know if she liked the doll and activity books.
4.t's also National Garlic Month- unless that's a joke
5.I can't decide if it should occupy most of the footprint of the existing home or be located elsewhere
6.especially since purple is my favorite color
1 but they stopped digging on our street before this happened and i dont use the cables anyway - and it happens long before worktimes from 5-6.30am
2 i think so. same shape.unsure about picture. that might be the larger bottles
3. she loved her gifts. she was playing mermaid and ballerina sticker books til we visited L then with cut out cardboard sea creatures snf unicorns and princesses before her gifts there.
4 bit weoird time for mit....garlics planted in oct-nov or feb-mar and not edible til june...so why april?
5 be cheaper to do it on top the oldie - less water/electric/etc fixings
6 mine too...but i wouldnt want to live in that monstrosity.far too big.far too modern. far too ugly.

yesterday ni got my broad beans round 2 and parsnip seeds in at the plot. todays plan is to work 3 hrs attend 4 dharma zooms and put in a couple hours on my study workbook.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Now I need to renew my driver's license-- hopefully I can do it online.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:44 pm
If it's National Garlic Month, then automatically it's also National Halitosis Month.
A garlic bulb a day keeps the Vampires away.
Ha! Except you were only 6 years only in 1967 and my guess is you weren't even supposed to do spring cleaning then.
Oh, I had chores. My Mother used to call me Cinderfella. That's not a joke. :lol:
Oh yes, that's my consummate custom-made home, especially since purple is my favorite color :yes:
It's kind of a super-villain magnet, though.
Lupine wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:06 pm
Maybe you can find JImmy Hoffa.
If I do, he's gonna help straighten up this place before I let him go. :lol:
A Hobbit hole in an asteroid would be the best of all worlds. :yes:
huggle wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:07 am
Triffids sound interesting, though. Must read the book.
I've actually never read the book, but the movie is a classic Creature Feature.
My sis called in a family brainstorming about the house. It needs repairs urgently and dad never does anything. It's crumbling to pieces and terribly moldy.
Oh, that's not very good for elderly people.
We have 2 months to read up on heritage law and think of a suggestion how to manage the house (we are 3 siblings but the house is very difficult to divide as it is built for 2 parties) and how to deal with necessary repairs.
You could start a GoFundMe campaign. Fixing up a house for an elderly couple is a good cause. :yes:
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:35 am
but they stopped digging on our street before this happened and i dont use the cables anyway - and it happens long before worktimes from 5-6.30am
Weird. But if it happens at the same time every day, it's strong evidence that it's the provider. You should give them a call.
she loved her gifts. she was playing mermaid and ballerina sticker books til we visited L then with cut out cardboard sea creatures snf unicorns and princesses before her gifts there.
That's great. I'm glad she had a good day.

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Or Rome, right near the old coliseum. Imagine all the fix-it opportunities for Gary if he actually moved into the coliseum....
You all vastly over estimate my skills. :lol:
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Tuesday, everyone :hello:

Today I'll golf with the General and take a nap. Yes, it's going to be a rough day :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:06 pm
How about a big RV or Winnebago? We could see the world and all its chocolatey & winey glory.
huggle wrote:
I had feared that I had lost touch to botanical developments (40 years ago I worked as a landscape gardener and the company where I underwent my apprenticeship also bred trees, shrubs and flowers so that I usually have a good species knowledge).
What uni degree did you receive, huggle? I'm curious about your educational background.
huggle wrote:
It'll cost me an arm and a leg but not fighting the mold could cost me my life.
We have some mold issues in our bathroom that we need to take care. It's really bad for us to be breathing that stuff into our lungs.
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:35 am
6.especially since purple is my favorite color
mine too...
The fact that we both love purple is proof that we'll meet again in a different form in New Orleans.
Gary wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:24 am
First, don't Oklahomans say y'all instead of you all? Second, if anything we underestimate your skills. You're very good at doing a lot of things, and when you're in over your head, you're good at knowing who to call.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:25 am
Hmmm, I also need to do that soon.
RJDiogenes wrote:
A garlic bulb a day keeps the Vampires away.
It keeps most creatures with a nose away, too.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Oh, I had chores. My Mother used to call me Cinderfella. That's not a joke. :lol:
Well, now we know how to insert you into the story of Cinderella :lol: The question is, would a magical fair godfather show up to rescue you from your unjust servitude?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Only if there's a golf course and a vineyard on that asteroid :unsure:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, asteroid colonists.

It's National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day! :yum:

Odds'n ends today. Need to find firewood. Will also see if the SUV is ready to be smog. Again. :mellow:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Good luck!
RJDiogenes wrote:
Or that Moon colony you dreamed about recently.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Turns out I have to renew my license in person. The good news is that I can do it at the AAA office right here in Quincy.
Gary wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:24 am
We compare your skills to ours. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:51 pm
Hmmm, I also need to do that soon.
At least they notified me this time. I once went a couple of years with a dead license because they stopped doing notifications as a cost-saving measure. I guess that didn't work out for them. :lol:
It keeps most creatures with a nose away, too.
It must be agony for Italian Vampires. :no:
Well, now we know how to insert you into the story of Cinderella :lol: The question is, would a magical fair godfather show up to rescue you from your unjust servitude?
He's way overdue. :lol:
Only if there's a golf course and a vineyard on that asteroid :unsure:
The vineyard is easy, but I'm not sure what the Coriolis Effect would do to your golf game.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:39 pm
Good luck!
My Fairy Godfather was not watching over me. :(
Or that Moon colony you dreamed about recently.
Oh, yeah, that was pretty cozy. It was kind of like a Hobbit hole, now that I think of it.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Well, my day was pretty much trashed. I started my day like normal, but when it came time to log into work, I couldn't remember my password. To add insult to injury, I had last changed it about a month ago :conf: So, had to contact my manager so that he could contact the support folks for me. I wasn't able to get logged on until almost 10am. It was a challenge to get motivated and focused on what I had intended to accomplish. Hopefully, tomorrow is a better day.
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

@Gary: That's why I keep the phone number for IT Support on my personal cell. Glad it got sorted eventually!

Been measuring up for furniture and finalising blind decisions today. Tomorrow I need to research desks - the one I wanted is too big. Need to be able to bring the monitor forward so a keyboard tray is a must. Would prefer storage but can buy something separate if need be.

@RJ: Beanbag chair?! Sorry, would like to be able to stand up from it LOL!
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Golf was fun, but there was an "incident" on the golf course. A group behind us accused us of playing slowly, which wasn't true. I was playing with "Clark Gable Jerry", who stormed over to the accusatory guy and the two engaged in a shouting match, with Jerry calling him a f**cking dick. Jerry later told me that the guy has a history of rude altercations and may get permanently expelled from the course after Jerry reported him.
Lupine wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:39 pm
It's National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day! :yum:
I remember back in the 1980s when I was so poor that I ate PB&J sandwiches for lunch literally every day :mellow:
Gary wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:19 pm
I couldn't remember my password. To add insult to injury, I had last changed it about a month ago :conf: So, had to contact my manager so that he could contact the support folks for me. I wasn't able to get logged on until almost 10am.
Do you record your passwords anywhere? I have a hidden place for all my passwords.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:14 pm
Turns out I have to renew my license in person. The good news is that I can do it at the AAA office right here in Quincy.
That's impressive. I would have thought you'd have to go to the DMV.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:14 pm
At least they notified me this time. I once went a couple of years with a dead license because they stopped doing notifications as a cost-saving measure. I guess that didn't work out for them. :lol:
Yep. Live and learn :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.You should give them a call.
2.The fact that we both love purple is proof that we'll meet again in a different form in New Orleans.
3.Hopefully, tomorrow is a better day.
4.That's why I keep the phone number for IT Support on my personal cell.
5.but there was an "incident" on the golf course.
6.National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day
1. i may send an email....oi mdont do phones iunless i have to as they waste my time waiting to talk to a human.
2 or it could be why we met at re ne this life....a carry over from a former one,
3. never mind yr mind Gary...maybe it decided to give you some time out instead of waiting for you to ask for a breather.
4 and why i lkeep a copy of my passwords printed out in my bedroom!
5. maybe next time let him take his tuirn first then tell him HES slow.
6 ill take the pb - but you can keep the jelly - yuclk.....i like my peanut butter on oatcakes or in veggies or on cake.....not mixed with fruity slime

todays plans are: zoom. zoom. study. eat.zooom.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. nightshift.