Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In 133: Harshad Happy Untritrium Craig Jones

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Ah, it's Sunday. A welcome break from the hustle and bustle of retirement. :sleep:
Lupine wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:45 pm
Well after much rigamarole I got the new belt on the dryer... but now the drum won't turn when loaded with laundry. Works fine when empty, but not with any weight. Had to go into our town to use the Laundromat there (and luckily we have one). Now I have to figure out what the problem is now. :mellow:
How aggravating. Unfortunately, I have no idea what to suggest. I wonder if it needs to be somehow balanced, like a new tire.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:28 am
luckily only temp. ten mins later theyd let a thru way for cars and peepos to use from the gafrages,....but blocked off in fron t of tillys place...so on return we had to use trhe back alleyway to get tilly home - but once again, five mins after as we left theyd cleared access for peeps as a guy was trying to get home.
That's not bad. I suppose it's unavoidable to some degree.
she doesnt celebrate any more than i do - we swap a small gift and card and ignore the actual day.
That's too bad. Everybody should have their special day. :party:
wheres the veg????????
Well, a lot of people have tomato slices on their grilled cheese.
well...if were talking MY official favored food - i would say thai green veggie curry with homecreated/cooked olive-garlic dinner rolls OR chickpea-barley bean chestnut n vegchilli followed by strawberry-cherry-melon-lychee-blueberry-bananananana salad with no topping. but i doubt anyone else would be able to live from such a meal regulalry
I used to eat Thai food a couple of times a week when I was at BMC, because one of my Midwives was Thai. I'm not sure about those specific foods....
it was my knee that got sore this time - only the right one and not badly. its fine this morn....but there are several hiully bits and the way home is upward slightly....
Is that because it was more walking than usual, or did you hurt it somehow?

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

ga
1.That's too bad. Everybody should have their special day.
2.a lot of people have tomato slices on their grilled cheese.
3.Is that because it was more walking than usual, or did you hurt it somehow?
1 why? if we dont want one, why?
2 ill have the tomato and leave the rest
3 longer walk - less breaks - uphill after downhill then downhill again
plot 1.5 hrs done. defrosted fridge done poly tunnelled and laiundry done...waiting on order....
coming.jpg
coming2.jpg
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, erectors.

It's National Ex-Spouse Day! :conf:

As for today I'm going to adjust the belt on the dryer and see if that helps. I also need to clean the front bathroom and do more editing on a book.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:07 am
It was a fun evening with Clark Gable Jerry and his wife. At one point, after we all had a couple glasses of wine, Jerry told the story -- while laughing so hard he almost busted a gut -- of the time when I asked another senior golfer if he was still able to get erections. Of course my wife was horrified that I would ask such a question, but context is everything! The guy had told us that he just had his prostate removed. To me, it was a legitimate follow-up question to ask if he could still have sex. For whatever reason, now everyone thinks I'm a disturbed person :lol:
I don't blame them. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:57 am
I only like grilled cheese with tomato soup. When I was a child, I had to have Fritos, and sweet pickles to go with it.
Yes, grilled cheese with tomato soup is delicious :yum: The Fritos and pickles thing sounds very strange :lol:
Tomato might be good, especially with some oregano. Another thing is using leftover mac and cheese and making a grilled mac and cheese sandwich.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

um...still not cinvinced...this is my sorta tucker....:
WIN_20240414_15_46_49_Pro.jpg
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody.

That was a slightly productive day. I got some correspondence done and puttered around on some projects.
scottydog wrote:
Jerry told the story -- while laughing so hard he almost busted a gut -- of the time when I asked another senior golfer if he was still able to get erections.
That's how I greet all my old male friends now. "Tally ho, Old Bean. Still able to get it up, eh?"
Yes, grilled cheese with tomato soup is delicious :yum: The Fritos and pickles thing sounds very strange :lol:
I don't think I'd want a side with the tomato soup involved.
It does sound confusing for poor Chloe. Does she sharpen her claws on the fabricked furniture?
Oh, yeah, that's one of her favorite attention-getting behaviors.
Ha! I've learned to always stay on his good side. Same with the General. For some reason, I'm most comfortable around people who could kill me with their bare hands :lol:
That's one way to keep on your toes. :lol:
That would be really bizarre. Our facial expressions would be priceless :lol:
We'll have to organize a Zoom conference. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:45 pm
why? if we dont want one, why?
Then you don't have to have one.
longer walk - less breaks - uphill after downhill then downhill again
How is it now?
...waiting on order....
coming.jpg
coming2.jpg
I love those tracking pages. It was especially handy when I was sending Whole Foods orders to emma. I knew right when they were coming down her street, so I could tell her to go to the door.
Lupine wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:35 pm
And celebrations break out throughout the land. :party:
As for today I'm going to adjust the belt on the dryer and see if that helps.
Maybe there are DIY videos that address that specific issue.
Another thing is using leftover mac and cheese and making a grilled mac and cheese sandwich.
Now you've gone too far. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:50 pm
um...still not cinvinced...this is my sorta tucker
Looks pretty good, although I'm not sure what it is-- some sort of stuffed peppers?

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today was a quiet day of Panera lunch with Greg, nap, then dinner with the Wife. With a glass of Pino Blanc and Pinotage, too :D
Lupine wrote:
Personally, I will *never* celebrate my ex-wife :lol:
Lupine wrote:
scottydog wrote:
For whatever reason, now everyone thinks I'm a disturbed person :lol:
I don't blame them. :lol:
I view my disturbance as a Great Badge of Honor :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:50 pm
um...still not cinvinced...this is my sorta tucker....
That does look mighty delicious :yum:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:23 pm
That was a slightly productive day. I got some correspondence done and puttered around on some projects.
Correspondence? Once again I envision you with a antique feathery quill pen.
RJDiogenes wrote:
That's how I greet all my old male friends now. "Tally ho, Old Bean. Still able to get it up, eh?"
Not exactly my typical greeting, but if being perceived as disturbed is my destiny, I heartily embrace it.
RJDiogenes wrote:
It does sound confusing for poor Chloe. Does she sharpen her claws on the fabricked furniture?
Oh, yeah, that's one of her favorite attention-getting behaviors.
Does your mom have scratching posts for Chloe?
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

Sounds very Wodehousian :D

My buddy's concert yesterday was wonderful! The room had funny acoustics, though. I found the sound very fuzzy and dull but my cell phone a meter further down recorded a sparkling and crystal clear sound. Amazing how there is not only a micro climate and micro habitat but apparently also micro acoustics that differ within a few feet.
I recorded the complete event and shall cut the session into single tracks occasionally. It's just the right music to cheer me up on a day that started with a #8.8 (out of 10) migraine.
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.e tomato soup involved
2.We'll have to organize a Zoom conference.
3.Then you don't have to have one.
4.How is it now?
5.some sort of stuffed peppers?
1. fresh sliced tomato ill eat...but soup? BLAAAAaauuuuuuuuuuuuuurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
2 HOW MANY OF US HAVE ZOOM? MAYBE I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN FIX UP?
3 precisly why we dont
4 mildly stiff
5 yes.....stuffed capsicums it be

muku 6.45am-2pm today and tis wet n windy so sinus snuffles going on and no plot trot planned. ill do some chores/poly tunnelling/ etcs after sher leaves.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

By George, it's Monday, eh wot.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:12 am
I assumed the holiday was for the "ex" part. :lol:
Correspondence? Once again I envision you with a antique feathery quill pen.
That's how I envision me, too, but alas....

Fantasy: :quill:

Reality: :computer:
Does your mom have scratching posts for Chloe?
She does have a scratching post, which she ignores. She has another thing on the back porch that's kind of like a nest that she sleeps in with her Teddy bear, and I think that's a scratching post, too, but she doesn't use it for scratching.
huggle wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:31 am
I've always had it in the back of my mind to read Wodehouse and I never have. I should see what's available for the Kindle.
My buddy's concert yesterday was wonderful!
That's great. :yes:
Amazing how there is not only a micro climate and micro habitat but apparently also micro acoustics that differ within a few feet.
Tip O'Neill always said, "All acoustics is local." Never mind, that's local humor. :lol:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:51 am
fresh sliced tomato ill eat...but soup?
I don't really love it, but somehow it goes with grilled cheese sandwiches.
HOW MANY OF US HAVE ZOOM? MAYBE I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN FIX UP?
And you're going to eat my favorite food? :D
tis wet n windy so sinus snuffles going on and no plot trot planned.
I hope you feel better.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:12 pm
Gary wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:23 pm
My manager had reached out to me last week to discuss how I wanted to handle the 48 hours of PTO I had on account since my anniversary is coming up. The company doesn't like people having a balance of PTO as it's a liability. I was able to transfer some to my comp time bucket that week, and then more this week. I'll transfer another 8 hours this coming week, after which they can cash out the remaining 8 hours.
You can't cash out the whole thing? When I was at St. Margaret's, I used to cash out most of my time, which gave my annual income a nice bump.
I could, but I rather prefer having a large cache of off-time in the wings. :D
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I did not celebrate Ex-Spouse Day. :lol:

Yesterday was an eventful day...church, laundry, filed my local taxes, filled out the online forms for my upcoming Dr.'s appointment, and met up with Donna for drinks and dinner. This week, I am working 4 long days...Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday. Vlad is off, so I sacrificed my two shorter work days to spend with him, and picked up all day on Saturday to make sure I have the hours for my pay check.

The Aviator makes a really good tomato soup on occasion. It is a vegan version with Italian spices. I wish they would put it on the menu.

I would be down for a Renext Zoom Conference!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, everyone :hello:

Today I'll meet up with my buddy Jeff for lunch. Then later today I'll hit the gym :silly:
huggle wrote:
I don't know Wodehouse's work. I'll hereby do some detective work.
huggle wrote:
It's just the right music to cheer me up on a day that started with a #8.8 (out of 10) migraine.
Ugh, I'm so sorry that you get migraines. How long do they usually last?
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:51 am
HOW MANY OF US HAVE ZOOM? MAYBE I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN FIX UP?
A Zoom chat with everyone would be fun. It would have to be in May as I'm in Ireland from 18 April to 3 May.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:20 am
scottydog wrote:
I assumed the holiday was for the "ex" part. :lol:
You betcha. I remember getting notified that my divorce was final. People were offering commiserations whereas I went out and bought the most expensive champagne money could buy :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fantasy: :quill:
Reality: :computer:
Long ago I gave up the fantasy of being the old-style professor who sports a beard, smokes a pipe, and wears elbow patches on his well-worn corduroy jacket.
RJDiogenes wrote:
She does have a scratching post, which she ignores. She has another thing on the back porch that's kind of like a nest that she sleeps in with her Teddy bear, and I think that's a scratching post, too, but she doesn't use it for scratching.
Cats are notorious for ignoring scratching posts. You'd think they'd design these posts to look like couches and chairs -- that would get the cat's attention.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Top of the mornin', old chaps! :sleep:

It's National Laundry Day! :mellow: We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

This and thating ahead.
scottydog wrote:
Lupine wrote:
You can celebrate that she's an Ex. :thinking:
RJDiogenes wrote:

By George, it's Monday, eh wot.
By Jove!
Cayla wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:28 pm

The Aviator makes a really good tomato soup on occasion. It is a vegan version with Italian spices. I wish they would put it on the menu.
This thread is making me hungry for tomato soup.
scottydog wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:35 pm
Long ago I gave up the fantasy of being the old-style professor who sports a beard, smokes a pipe, and wears elbow patches on his well-worn corduroy jacket.
There are other options.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

Hey, wasn't it just first thing in the morning? :unsure:
Gary wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:00 am
I could, but I rather prefer having a large cache of off-time in the wings. :D
I suppose that's a good idea, since you're gonna build a house. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:28 pm
What is it, a daily special, or do they just make it for employees?
scottydog wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:35 pm
You betcha. I remember getting notified that my divorce was final. People were offering commiserations whereas I went out and bought the most expensive champagne money could buy :lol:
I wonder if there's any such thing as a Honeylessmoon.
A corduroy jacket with elbow patches sounds cool, but I don't smoke and if I let my beard grow in I start to look like Arvin Sloane.
Cats are notorious for ignoring scratching posts. You'd think they'd design these posts to look like couches and chairs -- that would get the cat's attention.
Maybe I should use the scratching post as a chair.
Lupine wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:53 pm
It's National Laundry Day! :mellow: We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
How's your dryer doing?
By Jove!
Jolly good!
This thread is making me hungry for tomato soup.
And grilled cheese.
There are other options.

"To me, my X-Men." :messiah:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

There's some company out there laying cables for cable TV.
30 years after we could have used it. :mellow:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:35 pm
Lupine wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:53 pm
How's your dryer doing?
Seems to be working now. :unsure: