Garden Club V: Herbs, Vegetables, and Blooms

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Garden Club V: Herbs, Vegetables, and Blooms

Post by RJDiogenes »

Our trees are getting leaves around here. I think it will look pretty Springlike this weekend around my Mother's house.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

We bought a whole bunch of seeds today -- green beans, lima beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, and carrots.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

All the flowering trees are in bloom. In about a week, there will be leaves on all of the trees. It is definitely spring, here!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Where I am expanding the garden back to it's old size, I've pulled out the last of the little trees that sprouted from the roots of the bigger tree. The biggest one was 3 inches in diameter, so the root was fairly deep, but I got it deep enough to hopefully kill it. If not, I'll just keep digging it out until it does die.

Got the new potato bed done. Now I just need to wait until there is no more frost so I can plant, or at least less chances of it, we have three frost mornings starting Saturday morning. I'm going to use some of the old tires, that I used for growing potatoes, for composting.

(all the blocks I've moved, not a scratch for the infirmary thread)

Covered the few surviving strawberry plants before I came in tonight.

Started my seeds late this year, they just get leggy when I start them early, then they don't do as well when I put them out. And waiting on my sweet potatoes for some slips to root.

My asparagus is up, but they still seem small, so giving them another year before I harvest any.

Hoping to buy some rhubarb to plant in the same garden with the strawberries and asparagus.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I moved half of my plants outside. We shall see how long until there is another frost.

The trees have leaves, and most of the flowering trees are done with their flowers. Only the dogwoods are in bloom. Spring came early this year.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.