Infirmary Thread #21: Say "Aaargh!!"

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Infirmary Thread #21: Say "Aaargh!!"

Post by scottydog »

Elara wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:47 am
Got a wind migraine today, and it's not really easing up with the decrease in wind tonight. :no:
I really hope you feel better!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I'm having a calcium score scan to see how much hardening of the arteries I have around my heart. It is a routine test, but I am sure with my family history, it is a test I am going to fail. :lol:
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Good luck regardless.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Looks like I've got a touch of a cold or flu or COVID or something. No worries, because I've had every vaccine there is, but it's very aggravating. Last night I had a sinus headache for at least eight hours, and it was harsh. Today there's no real pain, but my stinging and watering eyes make it hard to look at a screen for more than a minute or so.
Cayla wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm
I'm having a calcium score scan to see how much hardening of the arteries I have around my heart. It is a routine test, but I am sure with my family history, it is a test I am going to fail. :lol:
Well, I hope not. Cheat if you have to. :quill:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 12:12 pm
Gosh, I hope you pass the test. We want you to last as long as possible!
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 pm
Looks like I've got a touch of a cold or flu or COVID or something. No worries, because I've had every vaccine there is, but it's very aggravating. Last night I had a sinus headache for at least eight hours, and it was harsh. Today there's no real pain, but my stinging and watering eyes make it hard to look at a screen for more than a minute or so.
I'm afraid this is all my fault. The General injected me with truth serum and I told him about you. This aroused his suspicion and I'm betting he used his usual Special Ops formula of chlorine, ammonia, acetic acid, and formaldehyde. This concoction rendered me blind once when I giggled after he hit a bad golf shot :no:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

My family on both sides are the poster children for heart disease. I know a cardiologist is going to be in my future. By future, I mean my next doctor's appointment, after I receive my test results. It's good. I'll be able to get a jump on it, and hopefully have more quality of live in my later years.

I hope you feel better soon, RJ. Drink a ton of water. Elderberry extract helps, too.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 pm
Hope it's just a cold. Do you have one of those COVID tests they sent out?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 7:46 pm
I'm afraid this is all my fault. The General injected me with truth serum and I told him about you. This aroused his suspicion and I'm betting he used his usual Special Ops formula of chlorine, ammonia, acetic acid, and formaldehyde. This concoction rendered me blind once when I giggled after he hit a bad golf shot :no:
That does it. I may have to start getting tough.
Cayla wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 12:42 pm
My family on both sides are the poster children for heart disease. I know a cardiologist is going to be in my future. By future, I mean my next doctor's appointment, after I receive my test results. It's good. I'll be able to get a jump on it, and hopefully have more quality of live in my later years.
Yeah, but you've taken good care of yourself. My Grandfather and all my Uncles had heart disease, but I've been fine so far.
I hope you feel better soon, RJ. Drink a ton of water. Elderberry extract helps, too.
How old do the berries have to be? :D
Lupine wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 2:36 pm
Hope it's just a cold. Do you have one of those COVID tests they sent out?
Now that you mention it, I do have a couple of tests around here. They're probably expired, though. And it's probably too late to get tested, anyway, since this thing is on its last legs.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I'll take a Covid test today after I buy a test kit at the store. Hopefully all I have is this pesky cold.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Good luck.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yes, good luck. You're all vaxxed up, though, so nothing to worry about.