Check-In 134: George Reed Sophrosyne Tally Ho

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In 134: George Reed Sophrosyne Tally Ho

Post by scottydog »

We'll finally board the plane in a few minutes. Thank God. We're both wrecked :loopy:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:21 pm
Not quite as recovered as I thought, but at least my head cleared enough to come up with a cartoon for Sunday. I was starting to get worried. :lol:
This is good to hear. The world would stop spinning if you missed posting a Sunday cartoon.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 7:21 pm
Do they serve Irish coffee at the airport bar? That would help.
They do, but the truth is I'm quite sick of Irish coffees :lol: I had a million of 'em and it's time to return to wine, wine, and more wine :drool:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
1.It looks like I may have caught an Irish cold -- I'm congested with a sore throat and cough. I didn't sleep well, and hopefully I can catch some Zzzs on the plane.
2.I eat lots of healthy food and not enough unhealthy food to worry my doctor, who says my bloodwork is excellent.
3.Fascinating. I looked up the wine on my app and its made from two grapes I've never heard of -- Colombard and Ugni Blanc. User mention it has tasting notes of citrus, apricot, green apple, pear, and strawberry
4.but when they become SUPERheroes., they gain the recognition that Buddhists do not wish for...
That's only some superheroes.
5.You got stood up by the next host? I hope that's a ding on their karma.
6.Don't forget geezers.
1 hopefully a glug of disgusting irish whiskey wi;ll keep it low-=level and it isnt covid thats spread round the airplane by you! lol
2. i dont trust doctors.I trust the human body and whats put into it/done with it.
3. apricot/pear/strawberry/ap[ple yes - not sure about citrus tho - i didnt find any tang as such, nice smooth white and not too expensive.alas, the first release of english wine from leonardslee rather than its s african sister compnay is priced at 45, 45 and 60 £ a bottle...so i shant bother with it.my max is 30 for extra spoec, 20 for regular.i aim at the 8-15 range usually.
4 being recognised as 'special' puts it down not up - we dont try to be special, only correct in an uncorrect world
5 i dont. i dont wish them ill. i dont know who it was supposed to be - theusual lady is on retreat so ti would be a fill in, but im not sure who.maybe they had internet prob;lems, or a family situation or they could nt find anyone and forgot to cancel the event....it doesnt matter - what matters is that the session went ahead anyway - even if i had to hop in and lead it.
6 and pleasers, and.....teasers.....and....

ok today...L&I are off to Nymans and Jude's woodland - if polkans follow planning them...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Well, I think I feel better again. Hopefully it lasts this time, because today's going to be a long day. I'll be checking in later than usual, no doubt. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 8:03 pm
We'll finally board the plane in a few minutes. Thank God. We're both wrecked :loopy:
At this point, I think you've been home about eight or nine hours, so hopefully you're in better shape now.
This is good to hear. The world would stop spinning if you missed posting a Sunday cartoon.
I could always post a repeat, but I don't want to resort to that.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:47 am
being recognised as 'special' puts it down not up - we dont try to be special, only correct in an uncorrect world
As I said, many superheroes are not recognized at all.
i dont. i dont wish them ill. i dont know who it was supposed to be - theusual lady is on retreat so ti would be a fill in, but im not sure who.maybe they had internet prob;lems, or a family situation or they could nt find anyone and forgot to cancel the event....it doesnt matter - what matters is that the session went ahead anyway - even if i had to hop in and lead it.
True, there could be extenuating circumstances.
and pleasers, and.....teasers.....and....
And squeezers. :hug: :D

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, everyone :hello:

I slept 8 hours and feel much more rested. Nyqull really helped. Now it's time to transition to Dayqull. Today we'll laze around and recover, unpack a bit, and just chill out at home.
Madeliaette wrote:
hopefully a glug of disgusting irish whiskey wi;ll keep it low-=level and it isnt covid thats spread round the airplane by you! lol
I wore a mask on the plane and will get Covid tested today. Hopefully it's just a cold.
Madeliaette wrote:
...its s african sister compnay is priced at 45, 45 and 60 £ a bottle...so i shant bother with it.my max is 30 for extra spoec, 20 for regular.i aim at the 8-15 range usually.
You can get a good quality wine for 10-15 Euros. Usually it's a high-end French or Italian wine at that price. It's harder to find good American wine under 25 :no:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:55 am
Well, I think I feel better again. Hopefully it lasts this time, because today's going to be a long day. I'll be checking in later than usual, no doubt. :lol:
I hope you have a Happy Birthday Party. We can't wait to hear what presents you got :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:55 am
At this point, I think you've been home about eight or nine hours, so hopefully you're in better shape now.
I do feel more rested, but the cold symptoms are relentless. It'll play out and move on eventually.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

So, I went to the YouTubes to watch some videos on how to pill a cat. That's the only way I can get her to take her medication. Fortunately, she's pretty much back to her old self. Unfortunately, we have about four more days of pills to be consumed.

Nothing happening with any projects at the moment. I'm in a holding pattern on a few things due the spring weather and limited funds.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, Jedi.

It's May the 4th! :vader: :jedi:

There's a small Swap Meet in town today I might find myself at, but other than that little of consequence is occurring.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:

I'm home and exhausted. I'm going to make some tea and plop down on the couch and probably doze off reading. At least I feel much better.
scottydog wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:36 am
I slept 8 hours and feel much more rested. Nyqull really helped.
It sure did. You've actually been gone for three days.
I hope you have a Happy Birthday Party. We can't wait to hear what presents you got :yes:
I got a pretty good haul. I got one of those sausage and cheese gift boxes that I love, only this one was from a place called Harry & David, so it includes a couple of brownies in addition to the usual stuff; I also got a Quisp tee shirt; a Disney+ membership; a JLA graphic novel by Grant Morrison; a box of quality teas; a cool ET statue with a bobbly head; a couple of Amazon gift cards; and the best birthday card ever:

:lol:
I do feel more rested, but the cold symptoms are relentless. It'll play out and move on eventually.
Hopefully quickly. Mine wasn't really that long in the grand scheme of things.
Gary wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:34 pm
So, I went to the YouTubes to watch some videos on how to pill a cat.
I wonder if there's such a thing as a hired piller.
Lupine wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:39 pm
It's May the 4th! :vader: :jedi:
I received a few "May the Fourth Be With You" greetings during the day. :lol:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:34 pm
I got a pretty good haul. I got one of those sausage and cheese gift boxes that I love, only this one was from a place called Harry & David, so it includes a couple of brownies in addition to the usual stuff; I also got a Quisp tee shirt; a Disney+ membership; a JLA graphic novel by Grant Morrison; a box of quality teas; a cool ET statue with a bobbly head; a couple of Amazon gift cards; and the best birthday card ever:

:lol:
:veryhappy:
Love it!
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Well, just as a precaution, we got Covid tests and sure enough, we've tested positive. Our symptoms are those of a bad cold, plus extreme fatigue. I slept 8 hours last night and 5 hours today :eek:
Gary wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:34 pm
Nothing happening with any projects at the moment. I'm in a holding pattern on a few things due the spring weather and limited funds.
I eagerly await future updates.
Lupine wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 2:39 pm
There's a small Swap Meet in town today I might find myself at, but other than that little of consequence is occurring.
Swap meet or Swamp meet? I can envision thousands of coolers for sale and for swapping.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I'm home and exhausted. I'm going to make some tea and plop down on the couch and probably doze off reading. At least I feel much better.
Glad you're doing better. Couch-plopping is one of life's great pleasures.
RJDiogenes wrote:
I was hoping for a blow-up doll of Dawn Wells. Doesn't your family know you? :conf:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

scottydog wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:14 pm
Well, just as a precaution, we got Covid tests and sure enough, we've tested positive. Our symptoms are those of a bad cold, plus extreme fatigue. I slept 8 hours last night and 5 hours today :eek:
:no:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm
Well, just as a precaution, we got Covid tests and sure enough, we've tested positive.
so, even if you masked, the entire airplane could have got yr germs and caught it,the airconditioning system is notorious and you probabaly de masked to eat/drink........sigh. were it me, I would have tested at the symptoms before getting on board public transport and then i would have used any insurance and stayed holerd up in as hotle til tested/testing negatiuve again,...then others are not put at risk. Hopefully you have a supply of quinine contained in indian tonic water, and drink plenty of water based products - keeping hydrated and resting are the way to make it pass quickly.

yesterday went wellishly.we hit the garden center for coffees, then Nymans as planned. we walked the main gardens, the small woodland area, then set out to explore the external woodland - picnicced then went thru the gate marked 'private'. (L's nephew owns an acre or so of woodland, so we had permission) and we checked out his little hut and woodne play equipment for his son, and so forth. nice little patch he has - plenty of trees, a stream, and private.

tofday....work.plot if dry. study. indian delivery
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Happy Sunday to all sun worshippers. May the tan be with you.
Lupine wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 8:53 pm
:veryhappy:
Love it!
She knows me too well. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 11:14 pm
Whoa, I'm sorry to hear that, but there's no need to panic. You're all vaxxed up, so this is probably as bad as it will get. Definitely go to the ER if you start to feel worse, though.
Glad you're doing better. Couch-plopping is one of life's great pleasures.
It is. I wish I had the energy to get up and plop again.
I was hoping for a blow-up doll of Dawn Wells. Doesn't your family know you? :conf:
Well, my Nephew had to work yesterday, so there's still a chance.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 4:55 am
we walked the main gardens, the small woodland area, then set out to explore the external woodland - picnicced then went thru the gate marked 'private'. (L's nephew owns an acre or so of woodland, so we had permission) and we checked out his little hut and woodne play equipment for his son, and so forth. nice little patch he has - plenty of trees, a stream, and private.
Wow, that's fantastic. How did he score an acre of his own woodland? I'd love to have something like that.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, everyone :hello:

The Wife and I are feeling pretty crappy today, so we'll spend the day just resting and recovering.
Madeliaette wrote:
so, even if you masked, the entire airplane could have got yr germs and caught it,the airconditioning system is notorious and you probabaly de masked to eat/drink........
When we boarded the plane, we both felt fine and had virtually no symptoms. Yes, in hindsight, we should have gotten tested but at the time there didn't appear to be any reason for doing so.
Madeliaette wrote:
Hopefully you have a supply of quinine contained in indian tonic water, and drink plenty of water based products - keeping hydrated and resting are the way to make it pass quickly.
Where might I find quinine in indian tonic water?
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:09 am
Whoa, I'm sorry to hear that, but there's no need to panic. You're all vaxxed up, so this is probably as bad as it will get. Definitely go to the ER if you start to feel worse, though.
Will do! :thumbsup:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Yesterday, I worked the rummage sale. This year, we made $2800. I'm off tomorrow, so I will go to the church in the morning to clean the mostly empty rummage room.

Today, I am skipping church, as I have a cold, and the church will be filled with elderly people. This afternoon, I will go to Vlad's for tacos and margaritas. This evening, one of my managers invited me to her son's first communion party. She is from Syria, so I am mainly going for the food. :lol: Her sister, and niece are servers at my place of employment, and another server was invited, so I will know a few people there.

scottydog, drink a ton of water, and sleep as much as you can. Water is the key to staying out of the hospital with COVID.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, ailing comrades. :sick:

It's Cinco de Mayo! :mexico:
No major plans for today as usual. Allergies are still kicking me, though they at least didn't keep me awake last night.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:09 am

Happy Sunday to all sun worshippers. May the tan be with you.
Burn, baby, burn! Oh, wait. Wrong catchphrase.
scottydog wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:09 am
The Wife and I are feeling pretty crappy today, so we'll spend the day just resting and recovering.
Take care and listen to RJ; get your butts to the ER if anything gets worse.