The Weather- Snowmageddon Edition

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

jgc
Senator
Senator

Re: The Weather- Snowmageddon Edition

Post by jgc »

A little snow yesterday. Today, sunny with high fluffy clowns. A little breezy. Didn't get out of the 20's all day. Currently 21F.

They are talking snow for tomorrow - snow showers. And some overnight into Saturday. I've heard up to 2-3 inches. Will know more later.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It seemed to be pretty sunny today, but I don't think I ever looked out the window. It was chilly, though, barely making it into the 30s.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Just looked at the local TV station web site. They're saying 3-6 inches of snow....Late Friday night into Saturday morning. Yuck. :snowhouse:
Imagine by John Lennon

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

too dark to say anything more than colder. i cant see any snow yet, but if the clowns pass anything onto us today itll be snow!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Snow, snow, and more snow. Lake effect snow warning until noon...which means until this evening...the weather people can never predict it right. High 23F, winds 20mph, and I didn't bother to look at the wind chill.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

I'd thought we were supposed to have a few days of clear weather after the rain cleared out around midday Tuesday, but Wednesday was all we got. Back to overcast all day yesterday, with temperatures mild (peaking high 60s/20C) and overnights also mild (around 43F/6C.) Forecast for today says we could have more rain, coming any time.
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Yeah, but so far it's not looking promising. Mostly clear skies here at the moment.

Yesterday also started out clear with the high reaching 52 but around 2:00 some mid-level clowns started coming in. Later that night I heard mention of rain nearby but none ever made it here. Low was about 30.
gorzek
Pleb
Pleb

Post by gorzek »

Snowing again today. Already got an inch, may get up to 4. Yay. The snow from Christmas still hasn't melted yet, either.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

rain. whilst out i had warm sunshine for about half an hour - soon turned back to dark dreary clowns on my return tho!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

We had some sunshine early this morning, but it clowned up pretty quickly and stayed that way. It just started snowing about an hour ago and was pretty heavy for a few minutes, but now it seems to have paused-- it covered the ground, though. And it's cold out there again, only making it to the low 30s today.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Today started out clowny, but the sun came out mid morning (I think) and the sky was still clear when I left work. We're not going to get as much snow as they thought last night.

Currently 24F. It was 12F when I got up this morning. Chilly!
Imagine by John Lennon

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

it is still raining and windy out there - not daylight to seehow many clowns are laughing at my soggy linefull of laundry tho
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Lake effect snow warning, blustery, high 20F, single digit wind chills...yuck!
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

59 yesterday with a few billowy clowns hanging out over the mountains. Not even a hint of rain even though it was predicted. Low last night was 35.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

The sun is out! :veryhappy: :dance:

Unfortunately, there is a huge, dark, and never ending cloud out over the lake.