SCORE -- To Help With My Cash Flow

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Gary
Senator
Senator

SCORE -- To Help With My Cash Flow

Post by Gary »

SMALL WORLD! I called on this Crown Vic last night. I got to talking to the seller, who is the son-in-law of the owner (referenced in the ad). He said he'd be taking calls Thursday at 8am because he'd been bombarded with calls and he's waiting for his dad to get out of the hospital. So, I get to talking to him and ask where in Norman he is. He's at Highway 9 and SE 24th? I tell him I'm at 120th Ave and Tecumseh Road. Oh, well the car is actually at a house on Isim Road. :eek: I then asked, "Is it at 3300 Isim Road?" Yes? How did you know? I said, "Hell, just drive the damned thing down to my house! I'm at 3001 Isim Rd!" That ensued about a 20 minute telephone conversation about the car, his dad, and some other stuff. I tell him I know Jo Ann, the lady whose house where the car is parked. So now I'm in really good with this kid. I'm going to look at it tonight after I get home from school but I told him it looks like a 95% chance he can mark it sold. He stated he would pull the ad and he feels better about selling it to me. He *thinks* the engine has been replaced, but he isn't sure. He'll try to find out from his dad. Overall, it seems to be a solid car that would work well as a daily driver. Like I said, it doesn't have to look pretty. Now, I have to work on unloading my Mazda 3 wagon -- with a quickness!

Here's how far I'll have to go to get it!
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.