Cosmic Encounter

Do you love Questionable Content? Are you a KOL fanatic? Which are your favorite Facebook games? Which are your favorite RPGs or comic blogs?

Moderator: Unicron

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Cosmic Encounter

Post by Unicron »

I recently got a copy of the updated version of this classic board game, and it's pretty fun. The game was originally released in 1977, and saw a lot of expansion sets added on. An online version also exists, and the current incarnation includes a mix of old and new material. The object is simple: each player takes control of a race and has to claim a certain number of colonies on worlds outside their home system. Each race has its own unique advantage for resolving encounters, and in the current version there is a color scheme to help players know which races require a higher level of strategy. One expansion has been released so far, Cosmic Incursion, and it includes extra races and provisions for a sixth main player (orange).

My new av is the Chosen species, who have the power to alter their encounter options with a divine prayer. Spiff even got a race named after his counterpart. :lol:
:knight:

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.
Far in the distance is my wish under moonlight.

On my way home, I remember only good days.
On my way home, I remember all the best days.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Cosmic Encounter

Post by RJDiogenes »

Thanks for reminding me. I want to get this for my Niece and Nephew for Christmas. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

You should be sure to get Cosmic Incursion as well as the core game, as it shouldn't be hard to find. I like the updated version.

I move in silence with each step taken, snow falling round me like angels in flight.

Unicron
Censor
Censor

Post by Unicron »

Got the Cosmic Conflict addition over Christmas, and there should be one more on the way it looks like.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I still haven't gotten this. I must put it in my Shopping Cart.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

My bad. I gave it to my Niece and Nephew in 2010. They've never mentioned playing it, but then most of my awesome gifts seen to go unused....