Blogging

Talk about blogs, messageboards, and other social media like Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, and LiveJournal.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Blogging

Post by Madeliaette »

I am fed the f-word up of not being able to load my posts at www.sanfranciscomusicnews.com via orble, the blog hoster. :no: :warn:
i have therefore JUST this very hour re-started my five years long blog at blogger.... :yes:
i may lose regular readers.... but i cannot post and am sick of wasting my time trying to at the old addy. :no:
i have left a message as a comment telling readers where to go - and hope a few will follow me thru to the new blog. :dance: :thumbsup:
i am NOW at http://sfmusicnews.blogspot.co.uk/ :)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I get an error when I try to go to the old address-- I hope you don't lose all your old content. It would be nice if there could be a redirect to the new blog.

Are you going to switch Bird Story, too?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

the old content won't betransferred - unlss i copy and paste it all out. I was going to keep the bird and yoga blogs there - but if they wont post ill move them too. i shall wait and see. they may have alrady wiped the blog off if you cannot get to it.....
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote: I think I scared off scotty with my single-mindedness. I did say this was one of my pet peeves. :D
It's all good, RJ. I've learned over the years that sometimes people just have to agree to disagree. There are so many issues about which reasonable people can hold differing viewpoints.

Now I'm off to read Renie's and Madeliaette's most recent blog posts.....
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ why thank you! I have only loaded two today - I have another 3 to load when i finish writing them.....
I read Renie's post - if I was still into fiction writing, I would find it very helpful - but as I am not, I didn't leave a comment - just posted a link at tumblr, etc.... I have a bunch of writer friends who may benefit...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Madeliaette wrote:the old content won't betransferred - unlss i copy and paste it all out. I was going to keep the bird and yoga blogs there - but if they wont post ill move them too. i shall wait and see. they may have alrady wiped the blog off if you cannot get to it.....
It works now. It's a shame that you'd have to transfer everything manually-- blogs should have import and export functions.
scottydog wrote:It's all good, RJ. I've learned over the years that sometimes people just have to agree to disagree. There are so many issues about which reasonable people can hold differing viewpoints.
Indeed. And it's interesting to discuss them. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

I shall just copy the interviews/band profiles out for my personal enjoyment and leave the rest... I think it matters more to m that I had built up a large readership there and i am not sure if any regular readers will move to the new blog.... i was getting 135-185 readers PD at the old blog. if i can leave a forwarding message as a post rather than comment it might help...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, do you own http://www.sanfranciscomusicnews.com or does it belong to Orble? If you own it, can't you just redirect it to the new Blog?

Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

RJDiogenes wrote:Seriously? There are writers who think that imagery is "over-writing?" Even Hemingway used imagery of a sort. Anyway, I commented.
I saw, great comment! :) And yes. I don't want to go into specifics, but I've met writers who pooh-pooh imagery as being unnecessary to the flow/drive/point of the story. I think they took "show, don't tell" a leeetle bit too literally.
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ No, I dont own sfmn.com - The way it works is, you start an at orbl blog - and a few weeks later, if you keep writing, they offer you a domain name free and your blogs load there....using their template with your logo/choice of picture. (If i owned sfmn.com, i would simply DIY html the page....I would not need a blog host)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ That's too bad. Hopefully you'll be able to get a forwarding link into the old blog.
Renie wrote:
RJDiogenes wrote:Seriously? There are writers who think that imagery is "over-writing?" Even Hemingway used imagery of a sort. Anyway, I commented.
I saw, great comment! :) And yes. I don't want to go into specifics, but I've met writers who pooh-pooh imagery as being unnecessary to the flow/drive/point of the story. I think they took "show, don't tell" a leeetle bit too literally.
Thank you. :) That's a pretty strange attitude to take. I adopt different styles for different stories, but I can't imagine not having any imagery at all.

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Yeah, i got the forwarding link in.....and am still getting stats of over 100 for the old blog!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good! Remind them to change their Bookmarks. :computer:

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

that is what i did - or to use the RSS feed, which blogger has.

you know... i think this blogging thread must be the longest running thread on the re ne board......30+ pages long and....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Heh. That's because we always close Threads at around 500 replies to reduce the burden on the database. Unfortunately the Social Media Forum has no regular Moderator and the Acting Administrator is an absent-minded professor type. :lol:

I shall close this and open up a nice shiny new Thread immediately. :computer: