Mac Keyboard Options

From Astronomy to Zoology, from Bathyspheres to O'Neill Colonies, the wonders of discovery and invention are on topic here.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Gary
Senator
Senator

Mac Keyboard Options

Post by Gary »

I have a Mac Mini with an Apple keyboard that I wish to change. I don't like how much effort the keys require when typing, plus I don't like the general layout and how little the rear legs lift and angle the board. Since many of you are also Mac users, I figured there would be a few recommendations for suitable replacements. Believe it or not, the Dell keyboard for my machine at work is great for typing but lacks (DUH) the Mac specific keys (such as Command) and those for volume control.

I would rather not use a Bluetooth keyboard as that requires the use of batteries. Just one more item that requires maintenance.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Mac Keyboard Options

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oops. Yet another new thread that I didn't see. Unfortunately, I've never used a Mac, so I don't have any advice. Sean is the only one who I'm sure uses a Mac. What about the Apple store? I was just in one the other day, but I actually didn't notice if they sell computer stuff, or if it's just all iPhones and iPads and other iStuff.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I searched Apple's store and found a keyboard that receives rave reviews for having excellent tactile function. It's under $50, which is a good price range for me. I'll probably get it by Christmas.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Great. That seems like a pretty reasonable price.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape: