Twilight Zone -- Take Four

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Twilight Zone -- Take Four

Post by RJDiogenes »

I heard some surprising news today, which is interesting for a couple of reasons. Apparently, Bryan Singer is developing another Twilight Zone revival for CBS Studios, which is not yet being marketed to networks or cable channels. It would be really nice to have another good Twilight Zone on the air. I thought the 80s revival was very good, but the more recent one pretty much sucked (and the early 80s movie was mediocre). Bryan Singer being attached to the project gives cause for cautious optimism. I'll keep my fingers crossed and look for more news.

But the other reason that this is interesting is because CBS Studios also owns the television rights to Star Trek. Up till now, the accepted wisdom is that they would have no interest in doing any new Trek because they deal exclusively with the CBS network and the CW, neither of which caters to a demographic that would be interested. But if they are interested in TZ, that makes it seem more likely that they would be interested in ST-- perhaps even as a companion show for a night of classic revivals. More fingers crossed....
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape: