Check In # 43 - Does it Really need a Name?

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

jgc
Senator
Senator

Check In # 43 - Does it Really need a Name?

Post by jgc »

Though I start the new check in thread as the other one was over 500 posts. Feel free to come in and redecorate any way you want. Paint the walls, put up a new air freshener ... you know, stuff like that.

So, RJ, what is the cure for the plain donut? I'm curious. :unsure:

Spend over 6 hours doing school work today. That's what I get for having two "Who gives a shit" days this week. It has to be finished by midnight tomorrow, so I've got time. I've only less than one chapter to read, one easy assignment, a couple of blog replies and a test. Then it starts all over again Monday.

Well, I'm done for today. I'll just while away the evening watching vampire stuff on Sciffy. A sequel to 30 Days of Night and then Blade II are on. Not great, not entirely awful.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Lord_Plecostomus
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Re: Check In # 43 - Does it Really need a Name?

Post by Lord_Plecostomus »

I had too much to eat for dinner... So I'm just going to sit here in the corner and quietly :as: until I feel better.
Witty comment goes here.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

gm, still :yawn:
new check in for a new month, eh....
hoping Lupes Pa/chooks are all going well.... and RJ's donut artistry did not have aftereffects....and my dad's low fluid day likewise. he should be off to his monthly church meal today, if all goes well....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

The low-battery alert on my other smoke alarm started going off in the middle of the night and I dreamed it was a bat that had gotten in. I've been awake since about 2:30. :sleep:
jgc wrote:So, RJ, what is the cure for the plain donut? I'm curious. :unsure:
Well, my Mother always buys these boxes of donuts that she likes at the supermarket. They come with four cinnamon, four powdered and four plain. She likes the powdered and cinnamon, but always complains that the plain ones are boring. Yesterday she told me that she bought a jar of Nutella for the first time because she got a coupon. So, voila. I said she should use the Nutella to make chocolate donuts. It worked out pretty well. :D

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

i was right... dad in confused today. tucked his recliner remote into his collar to hide it when he went out....he goes out in the wheelchair, NOT the recliner, but.... oh and he was garbling on and on about making promises to mother about taking care of me....til i called him out on dates and he realized he was talking about his own mother and taking care of his now-dead sister! hopefully they will drown him in apple juice at lunch!
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Good morning! Whatever has been troubling me the last few days seems to have lifted. Better days ahead! :)
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My dear mother spent the entire day here, so I wouldn't have to deal with my crazy FIL arrogance. We sold a ton of stuff at the yard sale, had dinner with all of my friends, and my husband won the cash first prize in the evening dessert contest with his chocolate butter cake.

The Old Man is not doing well. His arm is still infected. The doctors say it won't ever go away, and it is MRSA...probably going to kill him. They are talking about amputating it. :(
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

^ Ewww. The poor guy. I knew someone who had that and he was on antibiotics (strong ones) for quite sometime. I think they even set him up with an IV at home. We lost touch and he passed away a few years ago from complications of diabetes.

Maddy, all I can say is hang in there. The dementia will not be getting any better. :hug:

Good going to Cayla's Husband. :thumbsup:

Morning. :coffee: :coffee:

Today I'm going to throw together a salad for lunch.

But it's time for my second :coffee: , so that comes first.

Hope you all have a good day.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

Oh Cayla - that is not such good news - well most of it is, but not about the arm! :( Hopefully he comes thru the amputation safely and survives....
dad went sulky sand came back stuffed and contented - as always. as his 90th is coming up in a few weeks, they had a special cake for him and he bought a huge chunk home to share - i shant eat it as its made from 'unpleasant' ingredients, so will give my share to my son who will shovel down anything free! :lol: Dad promptly dozed right on off as soon as i persuaded him to change to the recliner....
CRASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, sorry jgc, did not mean to bump into you! :D
Agreed - tho we finally got a letter confirming he is going on double strength dementia meds... which may re-control it - again temporarily... but i guess at least he sleeps more, even if when awake he is more difficult
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ When does the increased dosage begin?
emma glitch wrote:Good morning! Whatever has been troubling me the last few days seems to have lifted. Better days ahead! :)
That's good to hear. :yes:
Cayla wrote:Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My dear mother spent the entire day here, so I wouldn't have to deal with my crazy FIL arrogance. We sold a ton of stuff at the yard sale, had dinner with all of my friends, and my husband won the cash first prize in the evening dessert contest with his chocolate butter cake.
That's great! :yum:
The Old Man is not doing well. His arm is still infected. The doctors say it won't ever go away, and it is MRSA...probably going to kill him. They are talking about amputating it. :(
Oh, the poor guy. :( I hope they can help him and maintain the quality of his life. I hate watching people spend the last few weeks or months of their lives in misery. :(
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

basically, whenever the regular dr gets the letter they sent him, puts in for the new tablets, and the chemist delivers them.... however, we have 2 boxes half dose pills left, so i shall start tomorrow by giving him 2 x 5mg instead of 1 x 10mg, til the newbies arrive. my math cannot be so bad that half a dose to be doubled cannot be doubled to give the same ammount!!!! :lol:
Lord_Plecostomus
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Lord_Plecostomus »

Madeliaette wrote:
basically, whenever the regular dr gets the letter they sent him, puts in for the new tablets, and the chemist delivers them.... however, we have 2 boxes half dose pills left, so i shall start tomorrow by giving him 2 x 5mg instead of 1 x 10mg, til the newbies arrive. my math cannot be so bad that half a dose to be doubled cannot be doubled to give the same ammount!!!! :lol:

Ok but don't come crying to us when he develops super-powers . :labexplosion: :peekaboo:
Witty comment goes here.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

:yawn: :coffee: :coffee2:

Visited dad in the hospital again yesterday. They have him in the Heart Center now and seem to be running a battery of tests. He seems to be doing fairly well though. The congestive heart failure has been scaled back to just heart failure, though honestly I don't know what the difference is- if there is one. But at least we got to speak with a doctor. But I think dad got the message that he really has to stay until they say otherwise.
Madeliaette wrote:i was right... dad in confused today. tucked his recliner remote into his collar to hide it when he went out....he goes out in the wheelchair, NOT the recliner, but.... oh and he was garbling on and on about making promises to mother about taking care of me....til i called him out on dates and he realized he was talking about his own mother and taking care of his now-dead sister! hopefully they will drown him in apple juice at lunch!
Cayla wrote:The Old Man is not doing well. His arm is still infected. The doctors say it won't ever go away, and it is MRSA...probably going to kill him. They are talking about amputating it. :(
Definitely not a good week for older family members. :no:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

my son was out 11 hours - strolls in and states he walked along the Thames from London to Kingston.... :eek:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Well, it's good exercise and a nice view. :D
Lupine wrote:The congestive heart failure has been scaled back to just heart failure, though honestly I don't know what the difference is- if there is one.
I don't know the difference, either, but I like the "scaled back" part.
Madeliaette wrote:basically, whenever the regular dr gets the letter they sent him, puts in for the new tablets, and the chemist delivers them.... however, we have 2 boxes half dose pills left, so i shall start tomorrow by giving him 2 x 5mg instead of 1 x 10mg, til the newbies arrive. my math cannot be so bad that half a dose to be doubled cannot be doubled to give the same ammount!!!! :lol:
Makes sense to me, as long as doubling it doesn't mean you run out before the new stuff arrives.