Check In # 43 - Does it Really need a Name?

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

jgc
Senator
Senator

Re: Check In # 43 - Does it Really need a Name?

Post by jgc »

Evening. I've been home for about an hour. Time for bed for me, too. :yawn:

The superintendent called. They didn't get to finish the interviews this week. He said he's call by next Friday at the latest.

Had a good time on the M/S Mt Washington. I drove us up. I picked up Sue, then we drove to Laconia and picked up Judy and then Susan. The boat wasn't crowded at all. We had a nice dinner and spent most of the trip sitting outside. Coming home, Sue and I had to take a detour as the main road was closed due to an accident. We had no clue where we were until we drove past Sue's hairdressers's home! After that, it was easy.

Going to get some sleep now.

Hope everyone had a nice evening! :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I'm glad you had a nice night. Too bad there was no definite answer about the job, but it's nice that he called when he said he would.
Madeliaette wrote:gm. glad you enjoyed the show RJ...
Thank you. :)
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

well i am all coffeed and ready to roll....while you lot are off to pillow-land! wonder what this next 24-hour section of human-structured time will hold.....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Something good for everybody, I hope.

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I will be off to breakfast shortly....

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

alas..... dad is in a mood. I offered him three potential trips out, with just ther showery/sunny weather and his tooth as problems. he plonked for a bus trip to the garden center - i got everything ready, but just as i was getting him in his hat he gets angry that he cant eat anything he wants with his coffee (tooth problem) so decides he wants to go blackberrying up a local road instead. i get everything unready for the garden center and ready to go blackberrrying - and suggest he replace his wooly jumper with a rain jacket and he starts to get grumpy - demanding to wear both (might overheat) and then saying I spoil everything for him and he is not going anywhere at all today. so he is currently sitting and sulking over a non-alc beer listening to noise on his radio....while i am getting creative in the kitchen!
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy weekend, all. :hello:

Maddy, I hope you don't take personally all the complaints you hear from your dad. Remember that you're a hero!

RJ, how can you function on 3 hours of sleep??? :eek:

jgc, glad you had a nice time on the boat!

emma, glad you got caught up on laundry. Can you come do mine now? :lol:

The Evil Stepchildren are here. I'm going to have a good day anyway! :D
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^ no worries scottydog. I gave dad the chance to go out - if he doesn't take it, it is his choice - whatever excuses he makes/whoever he blames. it doesn;t matter either way to me so long as i get my weekly escape trip when wanted!
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Hey, passin' thru, as is my wont.

Nothing much to tell. Starting to lose weight as preparation for being a donor for m'son. Work is work. Trying to get a new script up and running, and reading probably the best Discworld novel ('Night Watch'). As spring starts to kick in here, I seem to be coming out of hibernation and getting my act together... very, very slowly. :)

Reading back thru the thread, some of you are going thru tough times. I hope you keep strong, and find the moments of pleasure in each day. HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!! :D
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: yes plenty of those for us ALL! :yes:
I have cropped circa 120 photos for my bird blog so far from my AUGUST stash...and am still only about halfway thru them all......at this rate i will be posting august photos til christmas! :D
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

australis wrote:Reading back thru the thread, some of you are going thru tough times. I hope you keep strong, and find the moments of pleasure in each day. HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!! :D
Back at you, australis! :grouphug: :grouphug: Hope things start to look up out your way.

Good morning, all! :yawn:

Dad had his doctor's appointment yesterday and the results were... well, inconclusive. His primary doc couldn't find any major signs of heart failure and seemed rather perplexed by the paperwork from the hospital. His best guess is that the symptoms of heart failure were brought on by the pneumonia (fluid retention). True, dad has gotten back up to speed pretty fast but I still worry. It seems at times that every doctor that has seen him recently has mutually exclusive opinions. Best option now is to keep an eye on dad (as usual) and hope for the best.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

^sounds like the mob over here - one says this and one says that.....
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I know. In the hospital in the first few days one doc thought that dad was dehydrated and another didn't think so. :no:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:
emma glitch wrote:Maddie and RJ, I inhaled more than I wanted to, and, even though it was in a bag, I got some on my hands. On the way to the store to return it, the smell spread in the car, but at least the wind wasn't blowing sand around, so I could open the windows, but my tongue was swelling, and it's about a ten minute ride. So I got it into the store, where they promptly threw it out and sprayed my hands with some stuff to get rid of the smell. Then I washed my hands, got my refund, and we thought maybe the stuff had gone rancid on the shelf.
Yikes. :eek: It sounds like they took good care of you, though.
Yeah, they did, and, Maddie, no rashes. :) No need to open windows this morning, which is good, since the bad smell in the kitchen is gone and it's hot and muggy outside. :yes:
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

scottydog wrote:emma, glad you got caught up on laundry. Can you come do mine now? :lol:
Send it on over. I don't do socks. :warn:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

australis wrote:Hey, passin' thru, as is my wont.

Nothing much to tell. Starting to lose weight as preparation for being a donor for m'son. Work is work. Trying to get a new script up and running, and reading probably the best Discworld novel ('Night Watch'). As spring starts to kick in here, I seem to be coming out of hibernation and getting my act together... very, very slowly. :)

Reading back thru the thread, some of you are going thru tough times. I hope you keep strong, and find the moments of pleasure in each day. HUGS FOR EVERYONE!!! :D
HUGS for you too! :grouphug: