Pages and Categories - Existing List, and Suggestions

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Pages and Categories - Existing List, and Suggestions

Post by RJDiogenes »

Now there's an idea for an Avatar..... :D
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Not if you'd see me in my Y fronts. :veryhappy:

What I look like to my family (on, I suspect, too many occasions) :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqh9N-Mw5E
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

:veryhappy:

I like it when the guys give him water and the girl jogger dances by.

I don't like the ending, though. :no:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Ahhh, you know if a man dances like that in public, he'd get his stuff back :D

But we digress.
“Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying.”
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, I should hope so.... :D

australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

Another thought:

What about a Travel page? While the budget doesn't exactly extend to a weekend in the Bahamas or similar (yet), we live in interesting areas, where there are touristy things and interesting shops , restaurants,a rt galleries, etc.

Example: I live on the NSW Central Coast, halfway between Newcastle (state's 2nd biggest city, with its own distinct charm), and Sydney (country's biggest city, sort of like the Aussie equivalent of New York (though a lot of Sydneysiders would hate the comparison)). Lots of things happen ion these places. And the Coast itself, a holiday destination with a few interesting cultural/foodie type things.

We also travel a bit, I daresay, so there's the potential for other out-of-the-way places that are found on our journeys might make for interesting reading. Hopefully, we could start off with the arewas we're familiar with, then some contributors could add something about where they live, and then finally we get approached to sell our so-- I mean, paid to write about such places, a free weekend at some resort etc.

Ah well, a guy can dream. :)
― Terry Pratchett
Renie
Our Founder
Our Founder

Post by Renie »

I think a Travel category makes a lot of sense. However, I'm keeping the Pages down to a minimum; for instance, Travel would go under the heading General Nonfiction (as well as Science and Philosophy, for instance).

Remember that if you click on a category link, it will bring up a whole page of posts on that particular category automatically, without creating a new tab. That's good stuff: that means you can create organized pages while still trending towards simplicity ;)
:canadian: :james: :wiggle:
australis
Centurion
Centurion

Post by australis »

That's fine, it makes sense. I just wanted to float the idea of Travel, it doesn't need a separate tab.

I suppose too that will include local restaurants. Which means I may have to go out and do some dining.

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it. :)
― Terry Pratchett
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good idea, australis. I could write about the Blue Hills. :yes: