Check-In Thread-The Final Frontier

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Re: Check-In Thread-The Final Frontier

Post by jgc »

Morning.

Ice, ice everywhere! Not one school around here is open today. I don't think I'll be going to work today. It's still precipitating. And it's still freezing.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

jgc wrote:Cayla, didn't you guys have some sort a drama last year around Christmas at the office?
Yes. Thanks for reminding me...she re gifted gifts that we gave her the Christmas before.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

We lost power sometime during the night. The lights keep dimming like they want to go off again. If that happens, I'm climbing back into bed. :lol:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ I wish I could do that...

Good morning. The converter box was easy to put in...and I'm happy with the quality. THe only problem is that I can't get my local NBC station. I can pick it up with the RF antenna just fine, if a little static-y, yet my box won't pick it up. My brother's tV with an identical box picks it up just fine. :conf:

A bunch of schools are closed around here too. Pity it's not mine...

Have a good day everyone!

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, gang! :hello:

So far so good on the dad front. He's walking a little easier, has an easier time standing, and didn't nap as much yesterday. I wish I could nap :yawn: . Did some Christmas shopping at Amazon last night. Not sure it'll get here by Christmas, but they're for my aunt and knows things have been a little hectic lately. Have to get more firewood today. We're almost out and there's a big storm heading our way. We'll probably need it.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

We had a lovely ice sheen all over our car this morning. Sadly it was clear on the roads so to work we go. Dum de dum.

Also everyone just ignore Deacon. He's apparently a sex ninja now.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
I don't want to know. :lol:

I am home from work! I really don't feel like socializing with those people this evening. Hopefully, I will be home early.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ Well, at least he's not claiming to be a sex God... :D

Good evening everyone! It's Friday! Isn't pointing out the obvious so fun? :lol:

Have a good evening everyone!

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Hasu
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Hasu »

I have to work tonight and sunday. Plus I have 5 finals next week, kill me now. :(
mudshark
Centurion
Centurion

Post by mudshark »

blablover5 wrote:
Also everyone just ignore Deacon. He's apparently a sex ninja now.
Sex ninja? :lol:
Sean wrote: :sing:
Just stumbled across one of those which looks more like singing than whistling.

http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/ima ... s/sing.gif
Methinks Ted Sturgeon was too kind.

Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I'm in a hurry to get to the Theater. I get out of work a lot later now. I'll check in later. :yes:

Good to hear your Dad is doing well, Lupy. :)
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

On the way home we had to follow behind a bunch of horses. Thank God that doesn't happen everyday.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
DeaconBlues
Lictor
Lictor

Post by DeaconBlues »

Hello everyone. I see my secret may be out.
Sean wrote:^ Well, at least he's not claiming to be a sex God... :D
That may not be a bad thing. I'm sure there would have to be plenty of deities in that pantheon. Ranging from the Gods of good sex to those for embarrassment, or awkwardness. Then again, there would have to be at least one loner.

I think to hard about frivolous stuff.
History is written by the victors, edited by the self appointed morally superior, stripped of life by education, and forgotten by the average person.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

mudshark wrote:
Sean wrote: :sing:
Just stumbled across one of those which looks more like singing than whistling.

http://www.watchfarscape.com/forums/ima ... s/sing.gif
Oooo...RJ, any chance of adding that one, or one like it next time you get around to updating the smilies?

Good evening everyone! I'm munching happily on some pizza...and watching NCIS. i just played through all my music for the orchestra concert on Monday, and I might do that again later. I figure if I practice enough this weekend, I can nail down the parts that trip me up, and hopefully add something to the ensemble.

Glad to hear that Mr. Lupy Sr is doing well.

Enjoy your show, RJ.

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Great...the water's out. Must be a main break somewhere. We're nil on beverages, besides alcohol. We ran out of milk earlier, and now that the water's out...hopefully someone will go to the store to buy some water.