Check-In Thread-The Final Frontier

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Check-In Thread-The Final Frontier

Post by Sean »

Seeing as the other one has 516 replies...

Good afternoon everyone! I want to be placed in a coma for the rest of the weekend. My sister has friends over, and later my brother will have friends sleeping over...AHHHHH too many noisy, pesky, annoying children!!!!!!!!!! :loopy:

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In Thread-The Final Frontier

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oops. Quite right. I'll close the other one. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:
jgc wrote:^ Yes it can be a pain. The internet provider we use at work is rumored to be going bankrupt. Eventually, everyone in the office will be converted over to the county's email as we are already on their network. I am so not looking forward to the change over!
Yeah, and then it occurred to me that I have a million emails stored on AOL. I'll have to figure out what to do about that. :unimpressed:
I watched a little bit of the Ghost Hunter thing last night. But I also watched other things so i wouldn't get too bored. I watch it enough to know they can go hours without any experiences. I also croched and :book:
I turned on Ghost Hunters for a little bit in the afternoon and they had the Mount Washington Hotel episode on; it was definitely not the little place at the top that I was talking about. :D
Lupine wrote:It was a quiet Halloween here. After dad went to bed last night I dialed around the TV and ended up watching the last ha;f-hour or so of the original The Wicker Man. Seriously weird movie my mother adored- though for the life of me I'm not quite sure why :wtf: . I then went online and read some reviews of the movie on Amazon. Some of the one and two-star reviews were quite funny. But bordom drove me to bed early.
I remember that movie somewhat from many years ago. I recall that it was really steeped in atmosphere and left me feeling pretty creeped out. It also had the advantage of having Elke Sommer in it. :yes:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Good afternoon guys. I have summarily shooed form the basement, and am now using my mother's laptop to gain some sanity back. While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know a way that I can "copyright" some pictures I'd like to post here? I'd like to post some pictures of my mother's portraits in the VA forum, but she's worried about someone stealing them. Is there any way I can disable the right click function, or put one of those "ghost" tags on them? I'm also looking into getting her a Deviant Art profile.

Well, Sam looks like she needs to go out. Have good afternoon everyone!

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good evening, everyone!

It looks like I have been slacking on my mod duties. I didn't realize it was time to close the other thread.

My mom made the worst roast beef dinne,r ever. My stomach is angry with me for eating her food. At least I got to play with the kids for a few hours this afternoon. My niece is talking a lot now. She calls me " Aunt Cinsy".

After taking apart out pond today, we discovered that I have a bullfrog. I have no idea how he survived last winter without a heater and eight inches of water underneath the ice.

I must get ready for the Halloween party. I'm going as a witch.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

RJDiogenes wrote:
I watched a little bit of the Ghost Hunter thing last night. But I also watched other things so i wouldn't get too bored. I watch it enough to know they can go hours without any experiences. I also croched and :book:
I turned on Ghost Hunters for a little bit in the afternoon and they had the Mount Washington Hotel episode on; it was definitely not the little place at the top that I was talking about. :D
I might have already told you guys this....For a number of years now, we've been having a state-wide conference at the Mt Washington. I normally room with the same person each year. One year, as she was lying in bed almost asleep, she felt me sit down on the side of her bed. Only problem was...I was sound asleep in my own bed! :eek:

Quick check in. So far, the few drops of coffee I spilled onto my laptop this morning haven't bothered it.
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everybody. :hello:
Sean wrote:While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know a way that I can "copyright" some pictures I'd like to post here? I'd like to post some pictures of my mother's portraits in the VA forum, but she's worried about someone stealing them. Is there any way I can disable the right click function, or put one of those "ghost" tags on them? I'm also looking into getting her a Deviant Art profile.
Well, Copyright itself is easy. As soon as you Post an original work, whether it's a story, poem, picture, photo or anything, it's automatically Copyrighted. Preventing people from downloading them is another story. It is possible to disable Right Click somehow, but we can't do it here (unless there's an Add On for phpBB that does it, but we don't have it right now); in any case, even with Right Click disabled, stuff can still be found in the Temp folder if anybody cares to look. The best thing to do is use Photoshop (or whatever) to put the Copyright notice or a Watermark of some kind right on the photo; it's also a good idea to reduce the size of the graphic to a size where it wouldn't be much use to anybody. As a matter of fact, I think deviantART has an automatic Watermarking feature that you can use; I'm pretty sure I read about something like that when I joined.
Cayla wrote:It looks like I have been slacking on my mod duties. I didn't realize it was time to close the other thread.
Heh. I never pay attention to that stuff. :veryhappy:
After taking apart out pond today, we discovered that I have a bullfrog. I have no idea how he survived last winter without a heater and eight inches of water underneath the ice.
Did you get pictures? :angel:
jgc wrote:I might have already told you guys this....For a number of years now, we've been having a state-wide conference at the Mt Washington. I normally room with the same person each year. One year, as she was lying in bed almost asleep, she felt me sit down on the side of her bed. Only problem was...I was sound asleep in my own bed! :eek:
Yes, I remember you telling us that story last year. :afraid:

Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

Checking in on a Sunday. Been checking the form guide to see if I can pick a winner on Tuesday horse race. Gotta love Melbourne Cup day. Should be a public holiday. Not sure what I'll do ... might head to the pub and watch it. Already decided which horse I will bet on. But first must study the form guide, as I might make a day of it, and drink lots of beer too.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

RJDiogenes wrote:Good evening, everybody. :hello:
Sean wrote:While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know a way that I can "copyright" some pictures I'd like to post here? I'd like to post some pictures of my mother's portraits in the VA forum, but she's worried about someone stealing them. Is there any way I can disable the right click function, or put one of those "ghost" tags on them? I'm also looking into getting her a Deviant Art profile.
Well, Copyright itself is easy. As soon as you Post an original work, whether it's a story, poem, picture, photo or anything, it's automatically Copyrighted. Preventing people from downloading them is another story. It is possible to disable Right Click somehow, but we can't do it here (unless there's an Add On for phpBB that does it, but we don't have it right now); in any case, even with Right Click disabled, stuff can still be found in the Temp folder if anybody cares to look. The best thing to do is use Photoshop (or whatever) to put the Copyright notice or a Watermark of some kind right on the photo; it's also a good idea to reduce the size of the graphic to a size where it wouldn't be much use to anybody. As a matter of fact, I think deviantART has an automatic Watermarking feature that you can use; I'm pretty sure I read about something like that when I joined.
So, my best bet to keep her work safe (and still let others see it) would be to get her a Deviant Art Profile? I'll look into that tomorrow.

The kids are still here. I need a drink...so does my dad. :Ahhh:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Yeah, deviantART is great. I've been very happy with it. :)

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I hope you all remembered to fall back. ;)

Joel
Augur
Augur

Post by Joel »

It seems this Sunday is even more quieter than usual.

Decided to put an avatar, as this month on the radio station I listen to is ausmusic month. Was going to make an animated one to feature several bands which most of you have no idea whom they are - instead different bands each few days.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Morning! Morning! Been up for an hour or so now. Already had the mornings quota of coffee. Off the jump in the shower and get started with my day! :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Good morning. The brats left at 1 this morning. I don't even remember hitting the pillow. :sleep:

Have an awesome sunday everyone!

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

We had to attend another wedding this weekend, and it was in the same place we had ours. It was kinda weird really, but at least we only had to get there at 2 and not be ready at 7.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Cayla wrote: After taking apart out pond today, we discovered that I have a bullfrog. I have no idea how he survived last winter without a heater and eight inches of water underneath the ice.
Did you get pictures? :angel:
Yes I did get a picture, but it is on my cell phone. I only got his eyes peeking out of the water.

Good morning!

The party was fun, but I had a bit too much to drink (Washington Apples). I have a slight headache this morning. One of my friend's was there, whom I haven't seen in a few months. We stayed until 11pm, then I met her up at the American Legion post. The rest of the party was supposed to show up, but they had more to drink than I did. It was 2am by the time I got home.

Tonight we are going on a ghost tour of an old estate.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.