Check-In Thread-The Final Frontier

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread-The Final Frontier

Post by Cayla »

Good evening!

I got my unused sick pay and a small bonus. It was a pleasant evening, with the exception that my boss was 45 minutes late, drunk when she arrived, and gave one employee absolutely nothing for her gift. I feel bad for the poor girl. I need to find a tactful way to mention this to my boss on Monday. There's always something at the office party. Two years ago, Jen216 got a card from my boss with a nasty note written inside it.

Tomorrow night, I am babysitting Addie and Cade. I better get plenty of rest before hand. Addie is into dancing, and she makes everyone dance with her (damn those Backyardigans), and Cade gets into everything now that he is crawling. They are a handful.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Sean wrote:Glad to hear that Mr. Lupy Sr is doing well.
Mr. Lupy Sr :lol: I like that one.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good Midnight, everyone. :hello:
Sean wrote:Oooo...RJ, any chance of adding that one, or one like it next time you get around to updating the smilies?
Unfortunately, I can't. The way phpBB works is rather strange; individual Smilies can't be uploaded; they have to be compiled into some kind of a "pak" file and upload en masse. In any case, I don't have server permissions. I did save it, though, so Renie can hopefully do it later; or maybe she'll upgrade my permissions, now that I haven't destroyed the Board. :D
Enjoy your show, RJ.
It was great. It was actually two shorter shows under the umbrella title Company For the Holidays; the second one was hilarious and had a really good cast. I'll write about it tomorrow or Sunday.

Now to bed. :sleep:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

And now up again. More or less. :yawn:

Good morning, everybody. :hello:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I have a ton of things to do today. First I need to go to the bank, and then to UPS to send a Christmas package to my aunt an uncle. Then I have an appointment to get my hair done. I need to go grocery shopping, do laundry, and clean my house, but I don't how much I will be able to get done in the time allowed. I need to be at my grandmothers by 3pm for my mom's birthday, and to baby sit the kids. Right now I would rather finish my Christmas shopping. :lol:

Right now I have a guy here fixing a loose bearing in my furnace. I hope he doesn't take long.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

You just need a really good baby jail for the kids. Maybe get them some pet carriers, toss a few toys in. They'll be fine.
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

Have fun with the kids Cayla!

Good morning everyone! The water's back on finally. That's good. :yes:

My dad's laptop died yesterday. He caught a virus masquerading as his anti-virus software while using the Sheriff's internet connection. Figure that would be safe, wouldn't ya? Now he's using the recovery discs to hopefully bring the thing back from the dead...thankfully he backs up his files pretty much daily with an external hard drive storage thingy. I just hope he can get it back up and working again. We can't really afford a new computer right now, and my mom uses her's for work too, so hopefully he won't commandeer that one for his own use. Though knowing him, his needs will supersede hers...as always. :mellow:

Have a good day everyone.

:sing:
"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I'm having firewood delivered today- hopefully. I got to get stocked up before the storm gets here.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I now have red hair. It was blond this morning.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

jcg just called me. She doesn't have any power due to the ice storm, so she won't be online for a few days. She is staying at her dad's home.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ Well, at least she's safe. :yes:

Good afternoon everyone! Hopefully, the tree will be up within a few hours. :santa:

Have a hood day everyone. Hope power finds you soon, jgc.

"The difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns longer."-Victor Borge

"I have been busier than a one armed worm caught in a tape dispenser."- Astrosmurf, Tuesday July 22, 2008
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I heard that things were pretty bad up in NH. I hope things get cleared up soon. No jgc for a few days. :sob: That also means that she probably missed Atlantis and Sanctuary last night, and will miss tonight's movie if she wanted to see it. She must be staying at her father's because he has a wood stove or fireplace or something. Come back soon, jgc. :mellow:

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

blablover5
Centurion
Centurion

Post by blablover5 »

Cayla wrote:I now have red hair. It was blond this morning.
How red? Got any pictures to prove it?
Arisen from the ashes of many burned asunder accounts I come to fill your heart with blackest ink and glitter!
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
It's auburn with strawberry highlights. I don't have any pictures, yet.
Sean
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Sean »

^ Can you translate that into terms that men will understand? ;)

Good evening everyone! The tree is finally up, and once it's decorated, I'll post a picture. :yes:

Dad managed to set an oven mit on fire while cooking dinner...I don't know how. The stove wasn't on. Shame it was't one of those tacky holiday mits...

Have a good night everyone!