2016 Politics - All The Marbles, Lost

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: 2016 Politics - All The Marbles, Lost

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:Is it really too much to ask to have some adults running our governments? :lol:
That's better than what happens in the US, when one faction is pushing for involvement in someone else's affairs.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

A telling quote from an article on Cracked about Trump.
This was about basic lack of education in America, combined with apathy and spite. And for that reason, we passed up one of the most experienced candidates ever in favor of a shifty man with zero background in politics.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

And it's all so very true. :lol: The next four years are going to be an epic, hilarious, tragic disaster-- I only hope that the right people are destroyed by it. Trump being the least of them.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

The Democrats didn't learn a lesson since Nancy Pelosi was reelected Minority Whip. Ability to raise money <> competent leadership.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Dean drifts behind in DNC race
“Our party and the country as a whole — the baby boomers have to get out of the way. That's my generation. I’m happy to advise. I don’t think we need to be in the forefront anymore,” Dean said this week on MSNBC.
Move along boomers. :oldman:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oh, Hell, no. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Wisdom from Pussy Riot!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yep. Never say "It can't happen here." And now we have a generation that's grown up on the fluidic "truths" of the Internet, so they will be even more vulnerable. It's going to be a fun four years.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:Wisdom from Pussy Riot!
Good article. A lot of my friends are still depressed and frightened about Trump's election. We just have to remain vigilant and not allow the Nazi-fication of America to happen.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Not on my watch. :slugger:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Amazing. Trump blathered about how the elections were rigged and his spokespeople are complaining that everyone needs to get over it because of the calls for investigations of allegations of the Russians attempting to manipulate the outcome. There is bipartisan support for investigations both in the House and on the Hill.

GOOD!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's only rigged if the other guy wins. It would be hilarious if they found that Trump knew what the Russians were up to. Can a president be impeached before he's sworn in? :lol: Weirdest election ever....

Meanwhile, Hillary is winning the popular vote by 2.6 million. I'm not sure if that's final yet.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, it looks like Trump and his personal physician are two of a kind:
In an interview with STAT published on Wednesday, Dr. Harold Bornstein said of his famous patient, "If something happens to him, then it happens to him. It's like all the rest of us, no? That's why we have a vice president and a speaker of the House and a whole line of people. They can just keep dying."

He also stated that in regards to the president-elect's heath, "there's nothing to share," and noted, "Ronald Reagan had presenile dementia. I mean, seriously, did they share that one with you, or did Nancy just cover it up?"
:veryhappy:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Some words of thought from Rebecca Watson on conspiracy theories.
Since the Trump administration seems to be run on conspiracy theories, this will likely become a increasing problem in 2017. Already he is insisting that the CIA and the FBI are totally wrong about Russian involvement in the election (at least one person connected with the in-coming administration hinted that the Democrats hacked themselves to frame the Russians). There's also the claim (a seemingly eternal one) that Trump would have won the popular vote had it not been for millions of illegal immigrant votes.
A man with no grasp of reality is going to have control of our nuclear arsenal in less than a month. Let that sink in.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Who needs nuclear weapons? That would be too easy. :lol:

Modern science really needs to drop everything and find a cure for stupidity. I wonder if there is any actual research being done on what factors make people so unbelievably stupid that they would not only believe this stuff, but also try to kill someone because of it. I mean, if there's drugs to treat anxiety and depression, there should be drugs to treat moronicity. :lol: