2016 Politics - All The Marbles, Lost

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

2016 Politics - All The Marbles, Lost

Post by RJDiogenes »

And here we go: The countdown to the Political Apocalypse begins.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: 2016 Politics - All The Marbles, Lost

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:And here we go: The countdown to the Political Apocalypse begins.
Nah. Break out the popcorn. Image
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

At this point it's almost like watching a bunch of morons playing with a loaded gun. :peekaboo:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I heard on a local talk show, during the drive home, that Ted Cruz unleashed a flurry of negative ads against Iowa Governor Terry Branstad. Cruz did so in response to Branstad's comments of "anybody but Cruz" when as who he hopes wins the Iowa Primary.

Bear in mind that Branstad is well loved in the State of Iowa, and is the longest serving governor in the entire United States.

Cruz has gone full blown stupid. Branstad is well loved and respected in Iowa, not to mention that HE ISN'T RUNNING FOR THE PRESIDENCY.

I will be surprised if he places above the bottom in Iowa.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm sure part of Trump's strong showing is the incredibly weak competition. If it wasn't for him, the Democrats would be walking away with it.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I cannot wait to see how the suit against Cruz's eligibility for the Presidency wends its way through the courts.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It would be a great irony if he's determined to be ineligible. :lol:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:It would be a great irony if he's determined to be ineligible. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

:veryhappy:

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Yesterday was exciting. I went to the Veterans Expo in Beaumont. The guy in charge of ours was there too, and overstepped. Dr Raul Ruiz, our Congressman, happened to see him while giving his speech, mention that he was in charge of ours, then told him to come forward. Well, no need to ask twice! He came forward, but instead of standing below the stage with the folks who worked on this expo, he went up the stairs! Where Security stopped him. So instead of taking over the mic, he stood there while Raul surprised the woman in charge with a Congressional honor, in print, and gave her a big, big hug. And she so deserved it. :yes:

I talked to her later, and she was still over the moon. She had no idea! :D

Raul's wife came too and brought the twins. Adorable! They're nine or ten months old.

Raul is as nice to his opponents as I've ever seen a politician be, and he has always been nice to the guy in charge of our expo, even though he works against him. I believe he switched our expo from October to April to harm Raul, because last time, his opponent got up and talked snidely about the President, and Raul talked about the wonderful things he'd been trying to get done. Raul never talks down the opposition, never has attack ads, always runs a clean campaign. Guess who come to Palm Springs to run that opposition? The Koch brothers :mad: I think it's time for Raul to plan another Veterans Forum next September and October.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

emma glitch wrote: He came forward, but instead of standing below the stage with the folks who worked on this expo, he went up the stairs! Where Security stopped him.
Oops. :blush: :D
So instead of taking over the mic, he stood there while Raul surprised the woman in charge with a Congressional honor, in print, and gave her a big, big hug. And she so deserved it. :yes:
Congratulations to her. :yes:
I think it's time for Raul to plan another Veterans Forum next September and October.
He should run for president. It's a rare treat to have a candidate who's not a hate monger.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:He should run for president. It's a rare treat to have a candidate who's not a hate monger.
Would be nice, but he was born in Mexico.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Aw, too bad. He sounds like a great guy.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

He can do more good in the House and the Senate. I keep explaining to people why Elizabeth Warren should NOT run for President for this very reason, yet they can't get that through their heads.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, yeah, we need good people everywhere, but at the moment we have a bunch of really bad options for president.