2016 Politics - All The Marbles, Lost

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: 2016 Politics - All The Marbles, Lost

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Might as well laugh. It does no good to cry. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Lupine wrote:Image

Oh good grief. I didn't vote for the man, but referring to him as "Commander in Thief" is ignorant, stupid. and immature.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Since he seems to have stolen the thread bomb, it seems quite appropriate. :lol:

I don't think there's many insults that wouldn't be appropriate when it comes to Trump. He is a disaster.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:He is a disaster.
Let's hope he turns out not to be as disastrous a president as we fear he could be. My optimism is definitely being tested. :)
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

My expectations for the next two years are very, very, low. The performance of the Executive as well as the House and Senate will tell us what to expect for the mid-term. Hopefully, I don't end up like Dewy, from Malcolm in the Middle.

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

My expectations for the next 4 years are non-existent. The only high point will be watching the pendents straining themselves explaining, rationalizing, and apologizing for the Administration.

"It's all Clinton's fault!"
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

He had better keep his cowardly hands off the VA, THE VA IS KEEPING ME ALIVE. I DONT WANT SOME DRAFT DODGER TO HAND THM OVER TO SOME JERK TO MAKE MONEY RUINIG IT.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Actually, the worst possible outcome would be the lack of disaster. Then he'll get a second term. :lol:

My expectations are laughable incompetence and stupidity, as the Right Wingnuts try to show solidarity while not setting themselves up for losses in the mid-terms and the Left Wingnuts learn nothing from their catastrophic failure. Theoretically, there could be impeachment if anything comes out about a connection to the Russians during the election (of course, that is not likely to happen until the Republicans lose their majority in the mid-terms). Most likely, he will bark random orders at subordinates who will not be able to carry them out because of impediments such as the Constitution.
emma glitch wrote:He had better keep his cowardly hands off the VA, THE VA IS KEEPING ME ALIVE. I DONT WANT SOME DRAFT DODGER TO HAND THM OVER TO SOME JERK TO MAKE MONEY RUINIG IT.
Indeed. Same thing with Social Security.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Funniest, and most tragic, thing I've read today -- Beginning January 20th, POTUS stands for 'Piece of Totally Unhinged Shit'.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:Funniest, and most tragic, thing I've read today -- Beginning January 20th, POTUS stands for 'Piece of Totally Unhinged Shit'.

I like that!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Here's another thread that's over 500 posts. Also, 2016 is history. Not sure if we should start one for 2017, or just hide until 2020. :lol: