Sea Creature Lounge - The Fall of the Autumn!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Sea Creature Lounge - The Fall of the Autumn!

Post by Lupine » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 pm

^The home of dreadful movies. :lol: I'm surprised it didn't end up on some cheapy DVD collection. :dvd:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 pm

Actually, it is on a couple of B-movie sets. Not one of those hundred movies for ten bucks ones, though, I don't think.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Top o' the morning to ya-- and the rest of the beer to yerself. Aye, St Patrick's Day has rolled around again, and we here at the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature have decided to bend the parameters a bit and bring in a pair o' more modern styled Irish films fer yer enjoyment. This'll be more fun than Finnegan's Wake, lads and lassies. Our theme this week is "They don't call it Erie fer nothing." The concession stand will be serving corned beef and cabbage, and lots and lots o' stout.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :four_leaf_clover:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Never seen any of the iterations of Leprechaun despite that fact that it spawned a franchise. Grabbers is new to me.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 pm

I knew about the original Leprechaun, but I was shocked that there were so many.

Grabbers looks hilarious-- I love the idea that a bunch of Irishmen have to stay drunk to save themselves from monsters. :lol: I actually got a few interesting hits on Irish Horror movies when I was looking around, so I'll have to check into them later.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 pm

In addition to our love for old movies, we here at the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature are addicted to great literature; and one of the greatest works of literature is the original novel Dracula by Bram Stoker. This novel has not only inspired an entire literary genre but also many classic works of cinema, such as the 1931 movie starring Bela Lugosi. But with widespread fame and the public domain, there have also been a few adaptations and interpretations that perhaps do not reach such great heights. We love those, too. This week's theme is "Dracula Has Risen From The Grave And Bram Stoker Is Spinning In His." The concession stand will be serving Count Chocula.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :batman:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:14 pm

Dracula: Dead and Loving It was one of the first movies I saw when I got satellite TV. :batman: And Guess What Happened to Count Dracula? I'd say he ended up in the 70s with a bad gorilla suit. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:29 pm

I've never seen Dracula: Dead and Loving It. I've heard it's not so good. But it's a Mel Brooks film, so I'd probably enjoy it to some degree.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:38 pm

^I didn't think it was that bad.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:54 pm

^^ It is now in my Shopping Cart.

While the lovely tropical island upon which sits the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature is unique in its temperate climate and opportunities for cinematic indulgence, we are aware that it is not the only island in the multiverse. In fact, there are many other garden spots with their own unique attractions for eager vacationers. Case in point: Blood Island. This week's theme is "When My Baby Smiles At Me I Go To Blood Island." The concession stand will be serving Blood Pudding, Bloody Marys, and Band-Aids.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :afraid: :Ahhh: :flee:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:58 pm

^And they wonder why tourism is down. :lol:

Some of the clips from the Blood Island collection do look familiar so I've probably saw some of these on TV back in the day. Probably on one of the local channels.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:28 pm

I think I may have seen the first black-and-white one, but I don't think I've seen the others.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Beep Beep The Road Runner. Bugs Bunny. Yogi Bear. Mickey Mouse. Tennessee Tuxedo. The gentle humor and innocence of childhood cartoons. The staff of highly trained monks here at the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature are feeling nostalgic for those halcyon days this week, and so our presentation tonight will be somewhat of a change of pace. Our theme this week is "Aw, Sweet Innocent Cartoons." The concession stand will be serving a variety of sugary breakfast cereals and insulin.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :afraid: :monalisa:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:56 pm

I've heard of Evil Toons from the Bad Movies website and seems a lot more tongue-in-cheek than I thought. Terror Toons likes like it was made in a $5 budget. :lol: and reminds me a bit of Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:41 pm

I think they were both made in about a week. :lol: Terror Toons looks more ambitious, but Evil Toons was made by Fred Olan Ray, who always writes pretty entertaining stuff-- he's got that old drive-in movie mentality. Plus it has David Carradine and Arte Johnson. I should probably get both.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:21 am

Even though the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature is a tropical paradise, we do like to get out and travel from time to time, cruise the main streets and back roads of America, perhaps crash in the hostels of foreign lands. We would therefore like to share some of our recommendations of the most worthwhile places to lay your weary heads and sleep off the long miles of highway driving. Our theme this week is "Welcome to Scare BNB." The concession stand will be serving something unidentifiable from the vending machine in the corridor that still takes quarters and hasn't been refreshed since 1999.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :afraid:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Hotel Horror kind of reminds me of The Secret of Innsmouth and I wonder if the writers were, um, influenced by it. Haven't seen The Unseen, but then again if you do see The Unseen is it still The Unseen? And it's clear that the girl at the 1:23 mark sees The Unseen anyway. This movie could give you a headache.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:59 pm

They should have called it The Unseen Paradox. :lol:

I was able to download Horror Hotel from YouTube, so I'll give it a watch at some point. The mention of Boston always catches my interest. The cinematography and film quality kind of remind me of Dementia 13.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Can a person become a Werewolf from the bite of a Yeti? Can a person become a Werewolf from the bite of Vampires if there's a Yeti in the same ZIP code? Or do some B-Movie writers just not know what the hell they're writing about? These are the kinds of philosophical questions grappled with by the scholars of the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature local branch of the Library of Alexandria (and we get no help from the main branch). Our theme this week is "Speciation in Movie Monsters: A Study." The concession stand will be serving hairballs.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :afraid:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:15 pm

The Werewolf and the Yeti looks kind of fun. Granted it would have been better as The Werewolf vs the Yeti, that title would have been worth the ticket price alone. I can't believe there are so many B-movies out there. :unsure:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:02 pm

It's like there's no end to them. B-Movies and Pulp magazines both. I think there's a fissure open to other dimensions somewhere and more and more of these things keep drifting through. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm

^There's a story seed. Maybe once quantum computer comes into existence we can start downloading movies from alternate realities.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 pm

I once had an idea for stories about an organization that explored alternate timelines-- only instead of exploring what would have happened if Abraham Lincoln had lived or the Nazis had won WWII, they went looking for worlds where there was a fourth season of Star Trek or Asimov lived to write more Foundation novels and so on. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:51 am

Even though the pocket universe of the Sea Creature Lounge Drive-In Creature Double Feature exists at the other end of a relativistic, quantum-reversing, time-bending wormhole, everybody still gets older and has birthdays. But what can make a birthday more tolerable than getting a bunch of old friends together and killing them off one by one? Our theme this week is "You're Not Getting Older, You're Getting Deader." The concession stand will be serving IV supplements.

:popcorn: :redtea: :strangebrew: :scared: :afraid: :bigcake: :cupcake: :party:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:04 pm

Never seen any of these... thanks the goddess. :lol: I suppose there is no limits of what can be the basis of a horror movie. Maybe we can have The Bar-Mitzvah of Death!, or The Retirement Party of Doom., or maybe Your Last Quinceañera. :Ahhh: