2017 Politics - The Trump Card

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: 2017 Politics - The Trump Card

Post by Lupine »

Amazingly Jones won. It wasn't looking good early on as Moore was sitting at around 51 to 53% of the vote, but then Jones pulled ahead at the last moment. Democrats are understandably ecstatic and perhaps a little over-giddy. They squeaked out a narrow victory over what was quite possibly the worst Senatorial candidate in American history. A win's a win to be sure but they shouldn't get cocky over it.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Yeah, I was about to say, it's like a reversal of the presidential election-- Moore was about the only Republican who could have lost. I ended up watching until they called it-- what a nail biter. :lol: I didn't look at the final numbers, but I think about 1.4 million people voted and Jones won by about 10,000. And the number of write-in votes was more than double that. Not exactly a mandate.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ That's an almost Liberal thought. Be careful!

In other news, the FCC has abolished Net Neutrality. I can already... feel... the... Internet... slowing.... dowwwnnnn.....

Actually, it will probably be tied up in court for years and by then there will be new commissioners.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^With any luck. Our best hope is to keep everything in litigation until Trump leaves.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

You know things are bad when we root for the lawyers. :lol:

Orpheus
Censor
Censor

Post by Orpheus »

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (117.24 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Interesting. It does say "block, slow down, or discriminate," but the change in wording is suspicious, especially with the addition of "legally enforceable." I think Comcast is committed to doing anything it can possibly get away with.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Well, the GOP passed that big, steamy turd of a tax reform without any public hearings or debate. The President signed it, and now we get to see what kind of shit sandwich we'll be chomping on for a while. If the Dems play their cards right, they can expose the worst of this legislation and summarily trounce the GOP in November.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

That's what everyone is hoping for- at least on the Democratic side. It remains to be seen how much of this will have a noticeable affect before the Midterms and how much the Republicans will be blamed for it. I'm sure that Fox news will find a way to blame Liberals/Obama/Clinton/The Deep State/Feminists/MSM/Darth Vader for anything that goes wrong.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Remember the lie being promoted by the GOP that tax cuts would make businesses raise wages? Then, everyone ballyhooed announcements of Christmas Bonuses, such as $1,000 from AT&T.

Looks like that was a short-lived reality. AT&T ANNOUNCES THOUSANDS OF LAYOFFS, FIRINGS JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

If what they say is true, my take-home pay should increase by about a hundred dollars a month. I'll let you know. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

And with the new year shall come a new thread. Fare thee well, 2017. Who can I sue? :bye: