2017 Politics - The Trump Card

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: 2017 Politics - The Trump Card

Post by RJDiogenes »

I signed the petition, but, unlike other petition sites, it doesn't give a running total.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Computer, end simulation. End simulation! END SIMULATION!
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

A complaint about Google from Rebecca Watson.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDE2saaErEw[/BBvideo]

My take: You really can't blame Google as some degree of common sense has to kick in at some point. Google is just a search engine and while there are some problems here with the way the search is conducted, the onus is still on the user on how to use said results. People shouldn't have to point out that information you find in Twitter, Facebook, or some squirrelly conspiracy site may not be accurate.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

People get fooled because they want to get fooled, regardless of their political preferences. I don't know what the cure is for that.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I think it's helpful to view the news like a magic act and question what you're seeing. Did that magician conjure that flamingo through magic or did she just have it hiding somewhere (just don't ask me where)?
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

1. Flynn was floating an immunity deal early on but was still claiming he didn't know anything, so that fell through. As of right now though it does look like he's implicating Kushner.

2. Why lie? Because he was breaking the law. That seems rather self-explanatory.

3. Just about everyone connected to Trump by the looks of it.

4. This is actually the most interesting question. The fact that Putin would want sanctions dropped is pretty obvious, but what would Trump and company get out of the deal? Tillerson would stand to make a fortune with the lifting of sanctions- but other than some possible real-estate deals Trump wouldn't really benefit much.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Unless the Russian interference in the election was arranged, and he wanted Putin's continued support-- and for nobody to find out about the collusion.

This is getting pretty interesting. Clearly Flynn has valuable intel for the investigation and he cut a deal-- I wonder if it was more to save his son than himself.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Mueller's team consists of people with expertise in money laundering. A President can issue a pardon for Federal crimes; however, he/she cannot issue a pardon for State crimes. I'm betting the strategy is to get the smaller fish to flip so as to charge the bigger fish, such as Trump Jr., Ivana, or even "I'm Eric!" with State money laundering charges.

Did Trump’s tweet about Michael Flynn’s guilty plea just admit something it shouldn’t have?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I don't think it even matters if he pardons anyone. In fact, it would probably work against him. It's less than a year till the mid-terms.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, it would be nice if they got Pence, too, otherwise we might be even worse off. Trump is a whackjob, but he's also a catastrophic failure at everything he does-- Pence is ideologically extreme, and competent enough to get things accomplished.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Luckily Pence doesn't have the cult of personality like Trump does.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Or a cult of non-personality. :lol:

Today is the election in Alabama. I think it will turn out well whoever wins.