2017 Politics - The Trump Card

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Gary
Senator
Senator

2017 Politics - The Trump Card

Post by Gary »

‘What’s the Big Deal?’ Ask Trump Voters on Russia Hacking Report

I guarantee that had Hilary won the election these people would have been screaming bloody murder.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: 2017 Politics - The Trump Card

Post by Lupine »

^There would likely already be Congressional investigations.

As it is many are treating this like it was some loony conspiracy theory with some even going so far as to compare it to McCarthyism. (Granted Consortium News has been weirdly pro-Russia since its invasion of Crimea :conf: ).
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

It's very odd to see Right Wingnuts become Russian apologists. :lol:

The question is not whether or not the Russians tried to influence the election, and it's not even how much they succeeded-- the question is, what did Trump know and when did he know it? It would be hilarious if he got impeached for espionage. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Yeah, being one angry tweet from a mushroom cloud for the next four years is not going to be fun.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm not that worried about mushroom clouds. There's too many safeguards in place. More conventional conflicts are a possibility, but those are ubiquitous anyway. I'm more concerned about loss of prestige and the breakdown of longstanding alliances.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, this just popped up on my iPhone. He hasn't even been sworn in yet. :lol:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:Well, this just popped up on my iPhone. He hasn't even been sworn in yet. :lol:
I guess we shouldn't be surprised. :no:

What is with the obsession with Russia? Isn't North Korea a bigger concern? And Iran and ISIS?
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Not at the moment. Putin is a dictator and Russian intelligence agencies have been hacking into our systems. North Korea has been spouting little more than hot air for decades, Iran has never been much of a military threat, and ISIL can barely keep it's act together in the Levant. Most of the terrorist acts they have taken credit (or blame) for have involved mass shootings for attack-by-vehicle. Tragic but not really a threat to our sovereignty.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Plus there's the little matter of a presidential candidate possibly conspiring with a hostile foreign power to win an election, possibly due to blackmail. We really don't need a president who is not only stupid and unstable, but being blackmailed by Russia. That was quite a rant that Trump put on at his press conference today. "There will be consequences!"

It's really a shame what's become of Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union and Glasnost and so forth. For a minute there, it was like the 60s in Russia. But, like the Arab Spring, it just kind of fizzled out.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

I just watched part of his mini-meltdown over CNN at the press conference. I can't decide if this is hilarious or terrifying.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:I'm not that worried about mushroom clouds. There's too many safeguards in place. More conventional conflicts are a possibility, but those are ubiquitous anyway. I'm more concerned about loss of prestige and the breakdown of longstanding alliances.
President Obama did that in his first year, or didn't you get the memo?*
scottydog wrote:
RJDiogenes wrote:Well, this just popped up on my iPhone. He hasn't even been sworn in yet. :lol:
I guess we shouldn't be surprised. :no:

What is with the obsession with Russia? Isn't North Korea a bigger concern? And Iran and ISIS?
I laugh whenever North Korea saber rattles just like when people get up in arms when North Korea issues threats when the US and other allies conduct naval exercises in that vicinity every year. I was part of it (PacEx '89) and we weren't the least bit worried about NK.

*According to the far-right leaning members of the electorate.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Gary wrote:*According to the far-right leaning members of the electorate.
I'm still traumatized from when Obama burst in and took my guns. :lol:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Lupine wrote:
Gary wrote:*According to the far-right leaning members of the electorate.
I'm still traumatized from when Obama burst in and took my guns. :lol:

I made the mistake of lurking in the Politics forum on the Allis Chalmers board. Ho-lee-COW! :wtf: "Bummer" this, and "Bummer" that; Hillary is a crook; Obama wants the US under UN control; Muzzies are taking over the Government; on and on and on. Had I a more stern constitution I would search everywhere for the news links one particular individual posts that are from (alternate) Right Wing news sites for: 1) posts which state Obama would figure a way to run for a third term, or 2) posts where Obama would declare martial law and install himself as dictator. Remember "Jade Helm"? The Right Wing was convinced tunnels were being dug, criss-crossing the United States for when the military would round up citizens and put us all in FEMA camps. I would love to find those threads and ask the entire crowd of self-proclaimed "smart folk" how they feel about being wrong in that President Obama is transferring power as prescribed by law.

Then again, I should know better than to expect a reasoned and rational response from them. They think Donald Trump is fantastic with all of his bluster, which is funny considering most of it would violate laws or is dictatorial in nature -- the VERY THING they accused President Obama of being!
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I am continually gobsmacked by people like that. How can anyone looked at Trump and not see anything but a dangerous clown. How can a good chunk of my relatives be supporting him? :no:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I'm shocked that only one of my Uncles (as far as I know) is supporting him. :lol:

Amazingly, my lowbrow, Right-Wing, Irish Catholic, paranoid conservative Uncle Joe actually hates him. :eek:
Gary wrote:The Right Wing was convinced tunnels were being dug, criss-crossing the United States for when the military would round up citizens and put us all in FEMA camps.
Any particular reason, or just for sport?