Check-In Thread #81: From Tennessee To Canada

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #81: From Tennessee To Canada

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

We had a fun time last night. We took the Rapid (our train). When we arrived, we spent an hour at the Cav's Fan Fun Fest party. It is a street party blocked off between Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field. There was a rain delay, but our seats were dry, due to our location. We did not stay for the fireworks, as my husband had to work today. Also, I did not want to be in downtown Cleveland if Golden State won the basketball championship here. There would have been a very high probability of riots.

I slept in until 8:30am! :eek:

My plans for today are purchasing dog and cat food, clean my house, and then Addie's dance recital in the evening.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Glad you had fun.

Good morning, gang. :coffee:

No special plans here for today. It's going to be a relatively cool weekend and I'd almost like to go to the ren faire again- but the purse my aunt commissioned isn't done yet so we're waiting to go until it is.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

Adam West has died. :sob:

At my Mother's house this morning, there was a deer standing in the street right at the end of the driveway. I was able to get a clear shot with my phone. The "smart" focus focused on the screen in the door, so I got a picture of a black grid with a fawn-colored blur behind it. :mellow:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

been busy - L popped round when i was at B's doing her laundry/chatting/making her a cuppa - to ask if i did/did not need the wheelchair (so b could be wheeled to the family fun do at the village) B didnt seem to want to go - pretended her stomach was giving her problems....so l left it outside and said if it was gone, she would know i had wheeled her down the village for lunch - but if it was still there she would know b had decided not to go and pop round to do lunch for her. i was also assigned evening meal mduties...and b decided she did want to go to the village do when i popped in to see at noon. So i fixed her and wheeled her down, with b saying she might not stay long and want to come back - BUT staying til the very end anyways... she normally has a frozen meal micced up and a fridge dessert for lunch with a cuppa - but today - she polished off a burger, TWO bowls of strawberries and cream, an ice cream/come and a cuppa!!!! :O she then said she wanted to know she had had a meal when i went round to see what she fancied for dinner - so i made her a full (2 slice, not one doubled over) sandwich - but she decided to only eat half after all....though she polished off a yogurt. she was pleased she had decided to go out - chatted to a few people - 2 she knew, and about a half dozen i knew... Alas, L&J did not make it to tha village do - but did dissappear to family committments in the late afternoon - hence my third B session of the day after a quick plot trot. so yep, i been busy!
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:Adam West has died. :sob:
:(
RJDiogenes wrote:At my Mother's house this morning, there was a deer standing in the street right at the end of the driveway. I was able to get a clear shot with my phone. The "smart" focus focused on the screen in the door, so I got a picture of a black grid with a fawn-colored blur behind it. :mellow:
I hate it when that happens.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

someone else died - posted at another forum - Glenne Headly ( not sure I know them)
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RIP Adam West
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Jim Gamma wrote:Or, for that matter, meet Squa. (Though Black Steel's players would love to see him again. :D)
Someday Squa will return. :D
Madeliaette wrote:and b decided she did want to go to the village do when i popped in to see at noon. So i fixed her and wheeled her down, with b saying she might not stay long and want to come back - BUT staying til the very end anyways... she normally has a frozen meal micced up and a fridge dessert for lunch with a cuppa - but today - she polished off a burger, TWO bowls of strawberries and cream, an ice cream/come and a cuppa!!!! :O she then said she wanted to know she had had a meal when i went round to see what she fancied for dinner - so i made her a full (2 slice, not one doubled over) sandwich - but she decided to only eat half after all....though she polished off a yogurt. she was pleased she had decided to go out - chatted to a few people - 2 she knew, and about a half dozen i knew...
Wow, that's great. Getting some fresh air and conversation was good for her appetite.
Madeliaette wrote:someone else died - posted at another forum - Glenne Headly ( not sure I know them)
I saw that, too, but I don't know who she is. There's only one thing in her filmography that I might have seen.
emma glitch wrote:RIP Adam West
I loved his Batman show when I was a kid. :(
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Yes, so did I. POW! BAM!

Is the actor who played Robin still alive? I hope so.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. ahead may be as simple as B duties, Rustington, and a plot trot- or may not. i may have double/triple B duties - we will see what L is planning and how J is feeling...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Looks like a good morning for a walk on the beach....
scottydog wrote:Is the actor who played Robin still alive? I hope so.
Yes, that's Burt Ward and he's still alive. He's the sole survivor now (of the regular cast-- Julie Newmar is still alive).

:tea:

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

RIP Adam West.

Madeliaette, it sounds like getting B out of the house did her some good.

Good morning!

Addie's recital went well. Thankfully, her second number was 11 numbers after the intermission. I only stayed 3 hours, and way home by 9:30pm. My husband had a fire going when I got home, so we cooked hot dogs over it, and sat out there until midnight.

After church today, we are going to my friend Debi's house to cook out and swim in her pool.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, all. :hello:

I woke up at the butt-crack of dawn to spread mulch before it gets too hot today. After church I'll go see The Mummy with Tom Cruise. I hear it's being panned by critics.

Hope y'all have a great day. :yes:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

RJDiogenes wrote:
jgc wrote:One again, plans are fluid.
I think you will like Trunkards this Sunday. :lol:
Er... make that next Sunday.
Cayla wrote:Addie's recital went well. Thankfully, her second number was 11 numbers after the intermission. I only stayed 3 hours,
Man, I remember going to my Niece's recitals. Those things are endless. :lol: I'm glad it went well. :yes:
scottydog wrote:After church I'll go see The Mummy with Tom Cruise.
I didn't know you knew Tom Cruise! :eek:
I hear it's being panned by critics.
It looks awful, and not just because Tom Cruise is in it (no offense to your friend). It was one thing turning The Mummy into a Raiders clone, but turning it into a super-action, SFX-laden, Mission Impossible-style Summer blockbuster is just stupid. This is not a good way for Universal to jump start their "Universal Monsters" shared universe.

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

pheew, what a weekend. We're having a heatwave and there's an open air at the university practically next door. I like almost all kind of music but 17 hours techno nonstop - brrrrrrrrrrrr! I think that sort of "music" sounds like someone on Crystal Meth trying to beat their carpets.
So - better a sauna than braindeath - I have all windows and blinds closed, earplugs in and earmuffs on, and have another go at Renext's software. Totally from scratch this time and in tiny steps. And with a protocol of every step. That should give me a clue as to where these naughty bugs are hiding. =)

I managed to do a bit of gardening and cleaning yesterday. Gradually, the chaos receedes. Funny how ons energy levels depend on the season: when it's dark and cold I can't get myself to do anything but when there's sun I get into full spring cleaning mode.
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away