Check-In Thread #81: From Tennessee To Canada

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #81: From Tennessee To Canada

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. still yawning....
ahead, coffee with L, a plot trot, deshelling beans, B duties and eveing cleaning job - plus indian take out!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I'm still yawning, too. :yawn: Another week begins, and no days off or meetings to shorten it....

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

I have a quiet day today. :) Reviewed a colleague's document this morning, most likely will be doing admin this afternoon. I also need to prod a colleague about some testing he was doing for me.

Huggle: That's an odd error... have you tried googling it?

RJ: Terran went onto the server in September-ish. :)

Booked to go to Edinburgh Fringe! Anyone have any thoughts on what might be worth checking out there? :)
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

RJDiogenes wrote:Energy levels really do depend on the season. The heat of Summer drains my energy and makes me want to nap. Then the cool air and early nights of Fall are very relaxing and make me want to nap. Then the cold of Winter just makes me want to stay in a warm bed and nap. Finally, Spring comes along and the fresh air and flowery smells just put me right to sleep.
That sounds only too familiar! I go from hibernation to spring fatigue, then I have the DST lag and after that it's time to hibernate again.
That's weird. Terran uses phpBB, too. Was the upgrade after that?
Yes, the server upgrade was immediately after we moved Terran.
The techs say there's no way I can alter the server's settings as it'd influence all the other users. However, I experimented a bit with clones of my other boards and it seems the server accepts them without complaints. So I could theoretically use a Terran clone.
I only need the buggy new board to convert it to phpBB 3.0.14. That was the last 3.0.x version and only these database files are compatible to the new 3.2.x software.
The nice techs showed me a very handsome gadget that installs brandnew phpBBS but only the very latest version. (I'll set up a trial board as a playground for us to see what it looks like and how it behaves). If all goes well, we can restart Renext with the latest software. If that turns out to be not what we need, I can modify a Terran clone and then we'll at least have the latest 3.0.x software.

@Jim:
yes, but I got no satisfying results. From what little I found It seems it's an old and nowadays no longer used server setting. There is a trick to outmanuvre the error message when installing a board but you'll still get error messages on the Admin control panel. I could install a .user.ini file on my server Segment to fix it but I've never before done that and am not certain whether it'd be sufficient to just insert the two settings for html input and output or whether I'd have to specify all possible server settings there. Trying such a thing without actually knowing what I am doing would be a bit like heart surgery with a lawn mower.

I think my dad and Sanni have been to Edinburg. I'll ask them for recommendations. Coincidentially, Sanni is right over Scotland at this very moment, on her way back from a business trip to the Land of Unlimited Alternatives to Facts :)
Gary wrote:My friend, I can BURY you in links for learning development :D
LOL much better than getting buried in paperwork! Thank you!
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, everyone. :hello:

Same old, same old today. I will have lunch with a dear friend at my favorite eatery :drool:
huggle wrote:...the Land of Unlimited Alternatives to Facts :)
"Land"? More like "crash-land" :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote: Another week begins, and no days off or meetings to shorten it....
I know you're hesitant, but you really should utilize your superpower of time-acceleration while at work. :geek:

Jim, what is the Edinburgh Fringe?
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

https://www.edfringe.com/

It's a multi-venue festival of the arts - singing, dancing, comedy, acting, all sorts of stuff! :) One of the more famous events in the UK. It lasts for the whole of August but I'm only going for a few days.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Ahhhh, thanks! It looks like amazing fun!! :bounce:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Another day. :yawn:

Chilly this morning. Nothing else of note taking place.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Howdy. :hello:
Lupine wrote: Nothing else of note taking place.
Lupy, you sound like me. There are always chores and house work and the like waiting to be done, but none of it is immediate.

I do have to go to the complex office this week. It's time to start my re-certification for my lowered rent. The notice I got was to sign onto the resident portal and click on "Start re-certification". I signed on, and there was NO "Start re-certification". So, off to the office to see if they can get that fixed or to pick up blank paperwork to fill in.

It's been almost a year, and I still don't have any of my stuff up on the walls. I do have a picture of Mom in her Navy uniform and Mom and Dad's wedding picture in their Navy uniforms on the bookcase, but that's it.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good Monday. :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

hmm, spose thats like the brighton fringe festival...yumm...chili mushrooms.....um day is done...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Well, that was a pretty good day, as Mondays go. :yes:
huggle wrote:The techs say there's no way I can alter the server's settings as it'd influence all the other users.
How do they expect people to run forums? :unsure:
Trying such a thing without actually knowing what I am doing would be a bit like heart surgery with a lawn mower.
:scared:
scottydog wrote:I know you're hesitant, but you really should utilize your superpower of time-acceleration while at work. :geek:
Man, I'd love to have a FF button for work. Or a defrag utility that would put all the quiet moments at the end of the day so that I could get out early.
Jim Gamma wrote:It's a multi-venue festival of the arts - singing, dancing, comedy, acting, all sorts of stuff! :) One of the more famous events in the UK. It lasts for the whole of August but I'm only going for a few days.
Whoaaaaa. That looks like something I could wander into and never leave. Spoken word, independent films, Burlesque, puppet shows. And I love the origin of the festival and why the call it Fringe. :D
jgc wrote:It's been almost a year, and I still don't have any of my stuff up on the walls. I do have a picture of Mom in her Navy uniform and Mom and Dad's wedding picture in their Navy uniforms on the bookcase, but that's it.
Boy, that year went by fast. :mellow:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Jim Gamma wrote:https://www.edfringe.com/

It's a multi-venue festival of the arts - singing, dancing, comedy, acting, all sorts of stuff! :) One of the more famous events in the UK. It lasts for the whole of August but I'm only going for a few days.

Bloody gits!
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Woke up to 2 realisations:

1) I booked the wrong leave dates in July.
2) My room's ceiling paper is hanging from the ceiling, following the flood earlier this year. The far end is literally touching the ground.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. stayed up late to start a ne online course last night. ahead today b duties, a plot trot, evening cleaning job and house chores.
BTW:
Idea for next check in thread title::::: 82: norwegian lead (?)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/82_(number)
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Well, that was a hot night. I feel like a limp noodle. :as:
Jim Gamma wrote:1) I booked the wrong leave dates in July.
I did that with a doctor's appointment in June, so I had to change the appointment. Then I did it with a doctor's appointment in August, but it was far off enough to fix.
2) My room's ceiling paper is hanging from the ceiling, following the flood earlier this year. The far end is literally touching the ground.
Ceiling paper? :unsure: