The Watching Thread #4

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Re: The Watching Thread #4

Post by Gary » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:03 pm

The show Lucifer was canceled by Fox, but a campaign to save the show resulted in Netflix picking up the series. So, while waiting for Season Four to arrive, I spent the last few evenings catching up from where I left off in Season Two. As is typical with Netflix, the new seasons will have stories ranging from 55 minutes to just over 1-hour in length with 10 episodes per season. That means much better stories that are fleshed out.

I also watched to Netflix original movies: 2036 Origin Unknown and Outlaw King. I didn't like the former as the story was too surreal and enigmatic toward the ending. The latter was a fantastic history piece.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

Lupine
Consul
Consul

Post by Lupine » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:28 pm

^The one about Robert the Bruce looks good.

Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Gary » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Mission Impossible: Fallout. Once again, the writers and actors are able to make a spy story that has a great pace, fantastic action sequences, and a non-boring story.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:04 pm

I love shows get saved by fan campaigns and getting picked up by streaming services-- I just wish it would happen to shows I care about. :lol:

Imagine if online petitions and Netflix existed back in the 60s and 70s....
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Lupine wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:28 pm
^The one about Robert the Bruce looks good.
Tell me more about this please.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/

Lupine
Consul
Consul

Post by Lupine » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:55 pm

It's this one: Outlaw King. I haven't seen it yet.

Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Gary » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Watch Bohemian Rhapsody last night. Loved the movie. It's amazing how truly lonely Freddie Mercury was, yet his talent and energy were boundless. It's scary how much Gwilym Lee looks like Brian May.

RJDiogenes
Imperator Rex
Imperator Rex

Post by RJDiogenes » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:00 pm

The Mr. Robot guy does an amazing Freddie as well. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Today, while lazing around, I watched The Vampire's Ghost from 1945. It was 57 minutes long. All in all, a fairly standard Vampire movie, but with the twist of taking place in the African jungle.
Please visit My Store and My Gallery and My YouTube Page. :)

:grape:

Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Gary » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:05 am

I started watching The Americans via Netflix DVD. I think it's an interesting perspective by portraying Reagan as a crazed man out to destroy a very worried Russia. I never paid heed to the ongoing discussions back when some of you were actively watching the series, so, no spoilers please!

Gary
Praetor
Praetor

Post by Gary » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Watched The Equalizer 2 the other night. Good, but not as good as the original. Too formulaic as the good guys gone rogue trope.

Meanwhile, disc #2 of Season 1 of The Americans arrived yesterday. The disc failed during playback 20-minutes into the first episode (#4 of the Season). Reported it to Netflix and am now waiting for a new disc.