The Watching Thread #4

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

The Watching Thread #4

Post by Lupine »

So, what's on? :tv:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Watching Thread #4

Post by RJDiogenes »

I should check out TCM On Demand. I haven't looked at it since my TV turned green, but I should be able to access it through my Kindle app.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I watched Dracula's Daughter and Son of Dracula the other night. Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, The Mummy, and The Wolf Man were on a couple of nights later but I have most of them on DVD and had seen the rest fairly recently.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I've been thinking about what to watch for Halloween, and considering some of the lesser-watched Universals, like the Creature sequels. Son of Dracula would be a good one, because I haven't seen that in years.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I have completed rewatching the entire run of Deep Space Nine. :bday: A co-worker suggested Black Mirror. It's on my Netflix Instant list, so that's probably next.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ My Sister has recommended that highly and gave me her Netflix sign-on info to watch it (along with Stranger Things, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Today Chris Mihm's latest movie, Demon With The Atomic Brain, arrived. I've been so distracted lately that I forgot it was even due this month. I can't wait to see it.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Stranger Things is awesome. Winona Ryder is fantastic as well. I am eagerly awaiting Season 2.

Oh, and we have to wait until 2018: Starz’s ‘Ash Vs. Evil Dead’ Sets Season 3 Premiere Date
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

That sucks. I was expecting them to be back for Halloween. :(

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oh, and I watched Demon With The Atomic Brain. Good stuff, as usual, and with kind of an Outer Limits vibe to it, as the characters crossed multiple dimensions to stop the destruction of the universe.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Last night, I watched Tropic Thunder for a second time. It's a great, silly, fun movie with an awesome performance by Tom Cruise.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

On TCM I caught House of Dracula, which I had seen before, and Billy the Kid vs Dracula.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Oh, I hope Billy The Kid vs. Dracula is on On Demand. I want to see that.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I started the Netflix series Black Mirror last night. It seems to be a modern day, R-rated Twilight Zone. Person who recommended it suggested I stick it out. So far, I'm Image
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I plan to check it out when I can since my Sister recommended it. And I see in the new season they have a Trek homage planned.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I returned to Episode 2 to finish it -- :eek: Episode 3 was very twisted, and I was a bit confused with Episode 4, thinking the two characters were time travelers. I'm really liking it now.