Breaking (And Repairing) NEWS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

Gary
Senator
Senator

Re: Breaking (And Repairing) NEWS!

Post by Gary »

Showtime has some pretty good stuff. I've watched some of the original mini-series. Unlike the days of cable where every bundle mainly consisted of 20 sports channels, today's online bundles provide better combinations of entertainment.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Supernatural Year 16

I'm not certain how I feel about this. The ending of the show was rather lackluster, lame, and looked like it had the budget of a high school play. The story/ies better be damned good if they're bring the boys back.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Wow, I didn't expect this. I think it would be great, just so that they could retcon that final episode away-- like Enterprise, the show should have ended just one episode sooner. But I never got tired of the Winchester boys, so count me in if they do come back.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Both those items are really good news :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The Academy series is a Discovery spinoff, so I'm not interested.

The best rumor I've heard recently is that Archer might show up on SNW.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:53 pm

The best rumor I've heard recently is that Archer might show up on SNW.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Maybe this time he'll actually say it. I kept waiting for him to say it in Enterprise just once. :lol:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I'm sure y'all have seen all the kerfuffle about whether the Orville is returning or not.

https://tvline.com/news/the-orville-sea ... 235090555/

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I did see parts of that interview. I think some people are reading too much into it, although my hopes of an Orville return have dwindled. Also, it just amazes me that they created thirty-three episodes in six years. Shows used to do more than thirty in one season! :lol:

In other news, Stargate, Farscape, and Firefly have all been confirmed to have revivals on the horizon-- not reboots or reimaginings, but actual revivals.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:18 pm
I did see parts of that interview. I think some people are reading too much into it, although my hopes of an Orville return have dwindled. Also, it just amazes me that they created thirty-three episodes in six years. Shows used to do more than thirty in one season! :lol:
And that small number of episodes is a problem for actors and writers who want to earn a living. If the Orville has ended, it almost qualifies more as a mini-series than a series.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Right, and I wonder how much they make in residuals when the shows are on streaming services rather than syndication. The third season of Orville hasn't even been released on DVD, so they're not making anything from that.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:55 pm
Right, and I wonder how much they make in residuals when the shows are on streaming services rather than syndication. The third season of Orville hasn't even been released on DVD, so they're not making anything from that.
Interesting. I was thinking that the writers' strike and SAG strike settled some of these residual issues. I hope so, anyway.

My prediction is that The Orville is over as a series, but will one day be resurrected as a feature film showing at a theater near you.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:14 am
Interesting. I was thinking that the writers' strike and SAG strike settled some of these residual issues. I hope so, anyway.
I would hope so. The same thing happened decades ago when the syndication market exploded-- none of those actors or writers or anybody were getting paid anything.
My prediction is that The Orville is over as a series, but will one day be resurrected as a feature film showing at a theater near you.
Either that or it will be a series with a largely new cast.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Unless Seth McFarlane is involved in it, such a series would likely have a completely new look and feel to it. I'm curious if it would work.