Breaking (And Repairing) NEWS!

Which are your favorite TV shows, and why? What do you follow? What movies stunk, and which rocked? Also gather to talk about and post internet media.

Moderators: RJDiogenes, AstroSmurf

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Breaking (And Repairing) NEWS!

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm sure MacFarlane will keep a tight reign on it. It's his special baby, I think.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:23 pm
I'm sure MacFarlane will keep a tight reign on it. It's his special baby, I think.
I hope you're right. We kind of suspected season 3 was their last season, given the way they wrapped up all the loose ends in the final episode.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Has anyone of you seen the HBO series, The Last of Us? I think it's available on Amazon Prime, too.

My daughter recommends it, saying that it reminds her of the really good early seasons of The Walking Dead.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I haven't seen it yet. For one thing, I don't have HBO and I didn't know it was on Prime. I did have a little bit of an interest in it because I think it takes place in Boston.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:31 pm
Has anyone of you seen the HBO series, The Last of Us? I think it's available on Amazon Prime, too.

My daughter recommends it, saying that it reminds her of the really good early seasons of The Walking Dead.
Yes, I've watched the free streaming of the first season and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the next season.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:36 pm
I haven't seen it yet. For one thing, I don't have HBO and I didn't know it was on Prime. I did have a little bit of an interest in it because I think it takes place in Boston.
Maybe we need to watch it. I'll start and let you know if Gary is right about it.
Gary wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:17 pm
Yes, I've watched the free streaming of the first season and thoroughly enjoyed it. Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the next season.
Does it remind you of the early Walking Dead series?
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:41 am
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:36 pm
Maybe we need to watch it. I'll start and let you know if Gary is right about it.
I feel attacked. Of course I'm right. :yuck:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:41 am
Gary wrote:
Does it remind you of the early Walking Dead series?
I think it's much better than the early Walking Dead series.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ That's really good news. Now I'm eager to watch the first episode today, along with ST:SNW.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ Aha, I'll be watching for the SNW thread to pop back up to the top of the list. :D
Gary wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:56 am
I feel attacked. Of course I'm right. :yuck:
:lol:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

New 'Star Trek' Movie in the Works From 'Andor' Director, J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot

I think Star Trek: Beyond was the best of the Kelvin Timeline even though Yorktown Station was a ridiculous concept. Other than that, I'm thinking Image
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

So this will be a prequel to the original reboot prequel, which is in addition to a sequel to the reboot prequel. Hopefully, this will burn in Development Hell. JJ Trek needs to be forgotten.

In other news, though, there are credible rumors of a Picard-TNG movie filming next year, possibly to kick off that Legacy series. The problem with all of this stuff is that Paramount has serious money troubles and is contemplating a merger with Warner Bros.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

This is surprising. I assume a whole new younger cast, as it's a prequel to the 2009 JJ reboot.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:39 pm
In other news, though, there are credible rumors of a Picard-TNG movie filming next year, possibly to kick off that Legacy series.
Whoa, really? I thought that cast bade their final farewells in Picard season 3 :conf:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:39 pm
The problem with all of this stuff is that Paramount has serious money troubles and is contemplating a merger with Warner Bros.
Interesting. I wonder what the implications would be for such a merger.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Gary wrote:
scottydog wrote:
I just watched the first episode of season 1 of The Last of Us. It's very good -- a different take on what happens after a zombie-like apacolypse.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:52 am
Gary wrote:
scottydog wrote:
I just watched the first episode of season 1 of The Last of Us. It's very good -- a different take on what happens after a zombie-like apacolypse.
:twothumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:52 am
This is surprising. I assume a whole new younger cast, as it's a prequel to the 2009 JJ reboot.
Unless they de-age them. By the time the movie is shooting, the ages of the cast will be in the Wrath of Khan era.
Whoa, really? I thought that cast bade their final farewells in Picard season 3 :conf:
That was the intent, but it turned out to be a hit. :yes:
Interesting. I wonder what the implications would be for such a merger.
Apparently they'd be able to get rid of a couple billion dollars of debt.