2018 Politics - As Cocky as the King of Spades

Gather here to discuss elections, laws, and the issues of the day.

Moderator: RJDiogenes

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Re: 2018 Politics - As Cocky as the King of Spades

Post by Lupine »

Some of the newer scandals do seem to finally be drawing some blood.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Trump insults the United Nations with plan to nominate media lightweight Heather Nauert

I wonder if she'll actually accept the nomination or will be smart enough to stay put, because things are going to ramp up once the new Congress is called into session. I'm laughing at how she's being eviscerated in not only this editorials, but a lot of others. She hasn't done herself any good with her rhetoric directed at the South American migrants, plus her facepalm Instagram posts (Saudi Arabia and also D-Day).
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Now it looks like the Russian cowgirl sex spy is cooperating with authorities. :lol:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Russian Cowgirl Sex Spy would be a great title for a movie. :lol:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Trump was at August 2015 meeting about hush money payments, source says

I have zero reason to doubt that Trump was involved because he has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a micro-manager who tries to burn or bury anything he doesn't like.

'There's no plan': Congress skips town as shutdown nears And Trump defiantly stated he would gladly own a shutdown! :lol: I got a kick out of Leader Pelosi gently schooling the President that the votes don't exist in the House to pass his demands for that ridiculous wall.

As has been stated earlier this year, this is an interesting time in US politics as we watch a bumbling, incompetent Administration crumble into petulant chaos.

You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :veryhappy:

Meanwhile....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Gary wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:21 pm
As has been stated earlier this year, this is an interesting time in US politics as we watch a bumbling, incompetent Administration crumble into petulant chaos.
It's very entertaining. It feels like it did when the Nixon Administration was falling apart. Being a History buff, I always love it being a witness to unfolding historical events. There's going to be some damage, whatever happens, but the country will survive Trump as well as it's survived any other crisis. I'm not so sure we'll survive the Millennial Generation, but we'll survive Trump. :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:17 pm
Meanwhile....
I absolutely love Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal. It's one of my all-time favorite strips.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Ryan Zinke Is Out As Interior Department Secretary

:lol: :lol:

His worst nightmare: Trump's life under a legal microscope

Well, well, well. Looks like being brash on the national spotlight backfired, VERY, VERY, BIGLY. :lol: :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

If The Donald is still in office two years from now, he'll probably be the sole occupant of the White House. :lol:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Donald J. Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve in deal with New York attorney general

What I find so fascinating and humorous is how these (alleged) wealthy people are slowly being outed as liars and con artists. So sad that this country equates wealth with intelligence when the Trumps are true imbeciles.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

The thing is, The Donald is not being outed at all. All this was well known back in the 80s when he was essentially a Stupid Pet Trick on Letterman. They'd bring him on for everyone to laugh at because he was the caricature of a corrupt businessman, as well as a clown and a failure.

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 pm
The thing is, The Donald is not being outed at all. All this was well known back in the 80s when he was essentially a Stupid Pet Trick on Letterman. They'd bring him on for everyone to laugh at because he was the caricature of a corrupt businessman, as well as a clown and a failure.
Except ~63 million voters believe he is a smart, wealthy businessman.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Millions of voters believe in gods and flying saucers, and don't believe the world is round or we went to the Moon. That's the problem with democracy: The voters are people. :lol:

Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis leaving his job after clash with Trump over Syria

This is amusing, because the Trump Administration holds the record for the greatest amount of turnover of any Administration. The drawback is I am conflicted, because President Trump made a statement regarding the withdrawal that the US shouldn't be the world's policeman. I agree that the US should not be and am amazed that a dunce like Donald Trump realizes this. Unfortunately, too many on the Right believe the world should be subjugated to The Will of the United States.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I don't want America to be the world's policeman, either. But I like the idea of Russia or China being the world's policeman even less. The UN should be the world's policeman, but that doesn't seem to work very well.