Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

Post by Madeliaette »

another nice day in Chichester - with l this time. she called just as i was about to make coffee and plan the day ahead....wanting to see a floral display at the cathedral - which we ended up not seeing - but we found a backpack for me, had coffees, hiked further along the canal than i got yesterday, lunched, wandered round some gardens, had coffees in the park watching cricket....nice! i quickly popped to the plot too - and found a stall selling vegan cheesemaking ktit so....... :)
yes RJ a lovely holiday - plenty of trips and good company! one more day to go....
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Beach glass...I find it, and send it to my friend in Ft Myers. She makes and sells jewelry with it. My 11-year-old niece, Addie, collects it, so sometimes I give her a few pieces.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

I look for glass, too, but it's just broken glass out in the pasture from the early to mid 1900's. I have found some pretty pieces. :yes:

Okay, I see that I disappeared from this place around May 4th. Well, that is because I disappeared from the net, the cable and the phone on May 5th, or 6th? Anyway, we had everything that morning, but when we came home that afternoon, nothing. Luckily I have a cell phone, so I called the provider and asked why. They didn't know. Okay.
So I told the lady that it is possible that the downstairs neighbors either stopped their service or started, I didn't care what happened, but perhaps she could check because every time this is done, the idiot service guys shut us off, too.
She informed me that she couldn't tell me about anyone else's service.
I tell her, I don't want to know anything about their service. I just wanted to know if someone was sent here.
She again tells me that she can't tell me anything.
~argh!~ Okay... I ask if she could pass me to someone who could help.
Nope.
Seriously? So I end that call. I've never had this happen before and we have been disconnected 5 other times because of a neighbor moving in or out, shutting off service or losing service, but the reps have always talked to me and helped.

This happens with every representative that I speak to, for days! :mad: Finally, I break down and contact my nephew, who works for the same provider in a different area (city), but his daughter tells me he is gone on vacation. He would be home in a week, so I waited. I tried calling the provider a few more times, but seriously, my blood pressure couldn't take anymore.
So, nephew finally home, he tries to contact supervisor for my area, but he is on vacation! But, nephew finds out who is covering, calls him, and the next day, we have everything. Yay? By everything, I mean it's there if you don't mind everything cutting out every few minutes, or seconds. TV shows are great that way:

"e! ar! d!"
"gu! w! tu!"
"oo! gar! sa! z!"

Fascinating. And a chance to improve my gibberish translating skills. :thumbsup: :lol:
So, another call to my nephew and another service appointment (quickest one you'll ever get). Nothing changed. The guy comes in, checks our line (on the pole) and equipment in the house, declaring the router "toast". I note that it was working just fine before we got shut off, but he swears it's gone and he had one in the van. I tell him I will think about it and off he goes.
So, another call to nephew. He tells me the guy covering is a regular cable guy and not the best, then says that the area supervisor will be back the next week-ish, so we wait.
Finally, the supervisor is here and he checks the cable. Turns out, it wasn't properly connected. Well, the day the supervisor stops by, is the day of our next appointment with the cable guy. The supervisor came here much earlier because he suspected something. Turns out, he was right. See, after he worked on our cable connection, everything worked. Funny that. So he had us shut everything off, while he set the connection as it was, and waited (hidden).
About 20 minutes later, the cable guy shows up. He checks the connection, comes to the apartment and tells me there is nothing more he can do. As he is saying that, the supervisor is coming up the walk. Of course, the cable guy tells him how the cable is all perfect, but we need a router, and the supervisor just nods along. They both come inside, turn everything on to check, then the supervisor tells him to wait with us, as he was going to get a router to test. While he is gone, the cable guy is explaining how routers work (which makes my son roll his eyes) and how we will be much happier with one of their routers, etc... and suddenly, everything is on and working.
The look on the cable guy's face was hilarious! He tried to explain it away: "This can happen, but it won't stay" etc... And that is when the supervisor came in. With him there, the cable guy started to tell him how it could happen, etc... They stepped outside and went to the pole. Lots of pointing, arm waving, and arm crossing later, and the cable guy left. The supervisor came back and told me that the guy won't be fired :wtf: but he will be on probation. Then the supervisor gave me his cell number for the next time we get shut off. :lol: Oh, and we get the entire month of May free. You know, all that usage we used is free. I mean, Wow! :rolleyes:

Now, that was a few days ago, but since it has been really hot, and I've been really tired when I get home, I wasn't up to posting until today. :) In one of the few moments that I was able to get here, I did get to see the blue version, which was different! I thought I clicked the wrong bookmark, even though it didn't match any other board, either. :conf:

Anyway, I'm, back, anyone miss me? :tomato: :D
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^oh, man, what an ordeal. Glad you're back though! :hello:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

It sure was. I am glad to be back, thanks, Lupine. :hello:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Elara wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 pm
I'm, back, anyone miss me? :tomato: :D
For sure we missed you! :thumbsup:

You're not allowed to lose your connection again :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good midnight, everyone. :hello:

I am home from the theater, and had a great time. This tribute apparently has a few other identities besides Jersey Seasons, so for their encore they did "Great Balls O' Fire" and "Barbara Ann." "Barbara Ann" is one of those songs that gets stuck in my head for days. :sing:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:20 pm
yes RJ a lovely holiday - plenty of trips and good company! one more day to go....
Nice. And I can't wait to see all the pictures. :yes:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:25 pm
Beach glass...I find it, and send it to my friend in Ft Myers. She makes and sells jewelry with it. My 11-year-old niece, Addie, collects it, so sometimes I give her a few pieces.
That sounds cool.
Elara wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:19 pm
This happens with every representative that I speak to, for days! :mad:
So when a customer loses service they don't bother to send out a service guy? :unsure:
Anyway, I'm, back, anyone miss me? :tomato: :D
I was kind of wondering what happened.

:tea: :sleep:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. oooooh, Elara - if i got that sort of service i would trade to a different serice proivder!

i feel HAPPY!

ok, one more day ahead of pure vacation then til 5pm tomorrow before i need consider set time have tos and work... extra gardening job tuesday...
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

I'll definitely be napping today, but hopefully I can drag myself down to the beach for sunrise. :sleep:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:21 am
i feel HAPPY!
That's what I like to hear people say. :D :hug:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, all :hello:

This afternoon we'll drive home from the beach. It's been a good 2 and a half days here.
Madeliaette wrote:
i feel HAPPY!
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:36 am
"Barbara Ann" is one of those songs that gets stuck in my head for days. :sing:
Let's hope happiness gets stuck in our heads for days :yes:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I was wondering where you were, Elara! I am glad you are back! What an ordeal you have been through.

Drive safely, scottydog.

Today' will consist of laundry, church, and going to see the movie Solo.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

I have to do some work on a book today.
Madeliaette wrote:
i feel HAPPY!
:thumbsup:
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hi everyone. :hello:

Last night, I went out to dinner with my friends. We had a nice time. I love spending time with them.

Today is another day with no plans. Probably not going to the store. There is a lot of thunder going on out there and occasional rain.

Because of the thunder, Queenie is in hiding! :wiggle:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

I took advantage of the cool weather (only 81º) that I have my car mostly buttoned up. I have the new, lo-tone horn installed which accompanies the existing hi-tone horn. Now, inattentive drivers, or those who try to change lanes without heeding my presence will be alerted! I addressed a few other items for the car until I removed the crumbling heat shield for the exhaust. The previous owner hit something as the underside shields are mangled. *sigh* Just a few more items to replace and I should have it back on the road. Just a shame it has taken me so long to get this going. I'm planning to continue some more technical training (professional development that's on my KPOs). Meanwhile, Squeak has been outside all morning. I won't be surprised if she doesn't appear until dinnertime since it's such a pleasant day.

*Update*

Since it's such a nice day, I went to several spots on my property, and also my neighbor's, to pick raspberries. I had a decent haul, but there are still a lot of berries still in the light green stage. I figure I can go every weekend, for the next few weeks, and haul quite a load. I'm going to use them in my morning smoothies.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Today was a nice, mild day, good for catching up on sleep. :sleep:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:53 am
Let's hope happiness gets stuck in our heads for days :yes:
That would be nice. :yes:
Cayla wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:47 am
Today' will consist of laundry, church, and going to see the movie Solo.
I'll be interested in your opinion. I'm shocked that it didn't do as well as expected.
jgc wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:08 pm
Last night, I went out to dinner with my friends. We had a nice time. I love spending time with them.
That's good. I'm glad you had a nice time. :yes:
Because of the thunder, Queenie is in hiding! :wiggle:
Poor Queenie. She'll never get used to the thunder.
Gary wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:09 pm
I have the new, lo-tone horn installed which accompanies the existing hi-tone horn.
What's that, like a polite horn? Cool idea. I hate using my horn because it's so obnoxious. If the light turns green and the person in front of me doesn't notice, I usually just sit there and wait for them to notice-- or else the person behind me beeps. :lol:

:tea: