Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In Thread #89 - The Thread of the Snake

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:47 am
Drive safely, scottydog.
Thanks, we made it home safely. How did you like Solo? I thought it was pretty good. I also thought Deadpool 2 was better.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

Good morning =)
My keyboard broke yesterday - there appears to be some shortcut that results in my PC powering down when I press a alt+- but I was unable to pinpoint the problem. Fortunately, I have a small spare keyboard but since that's not as wide as my ordinary one I keep hitting the wrong keys. So first thing today after work I'll get myself a new one.
The keyboard trouble is also the reason why I haven't continued with restoring the template yet. The background behind the forum index is still not right - it should stretch over all the page instead of over just 2 inches.
I'll try to fix that during this week since I'm needed home for some gardening in the weekend.

Off now to work so long as the temperatures are still bearable..
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. been berrying myself, gary - starwberries are now starting to ripen down the plot. i had a lot of outdoors time yesterday - did the edging down the plot to begin with, then pottered in the poly tunnel/garden, then hiked along the base of the local hill to the garden center as i had vouchers for bird food and was running low, then did some more garden work before pooppin down the plot again to water/pick strawberries and nasturtium leaves for tea. I spotted L on my way home so stopped to natter/help snip the raised grass patches...

vacation done. back to work today - werll, this evening - i have coffee with L to look forward to first.....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

Sigh. Monday is here already. :sleep:
huggle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:02 am
My keyboard broke yesterday - there appears to be some shortcut that results in my PC powering down when I press a alt+- but I was unable to pinpoint the problem. Fortunately, I have a small spare keyboard but since that's not as wide as my ordinary one I keep hitting the wrong keys. So first thing today after work I'll get myself a new one.
That happened to me recently. Luckily I was able to just use my work computer keyboard while waiting for the replacement. Same thing happened with the mouse, only in reverse.
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:16 am
vacation done. back to work today - werll, this evening - i have coffee with L to look forward to first.....
Oh, well. It was nice while it lasted. :yes:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Monday, everyone :hello:

Just my usual summer goal of getting some writing done today. :tea:
huggle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:02 am
My keyboard broke yesterday
Our broken things thread will soon get so big that it may break. :eek:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:16 am
vacation done. back to work today
I'm glad you had a nice vacation .... I thought Brits used the word holiday?

Hope y'all have a great day :yes:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

I thought the movie was good. I was excited to see the previews for Bohemian Rhapsody, which will be out in early November. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of movies this year.

Saturday, was our first time eating at Wahlburgers. We told our waitress this. The cook put the wrong cheese on my husband's burger. He pointed it out to the waitress, but also told her it was no big deal. The next thing we knew, the manager came up to our table with a $25 gift card to use on our next visit. We tried to refuse it, but she insisted. That was very generous of them.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Too hot to sleep well last night.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Well, that was a fun Monday. :blackeye:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:33 am
Our broken things thread will soon get so big that it may break. :eek:
Oh, yeah, I'll have to add that in.
Cayla wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:47 am
I was excited to see the previews for Bohemian Rhapsody, which will be out in early November.
Bohemian Rhapsody? Based on the song? Or is it about Queen?
The next thing we knew, the manager came up to our table with a $25 gift card to use on our next visit. We tried to refuse it, but she insisted. That was very generous of them.
That's good customer service-- and good business. :yes:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:33 pm
Well, that was a fun Monday. :blackeye:
What happened?
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Nothing special, just an avalanche of stuff-- it was worse than the Tuesday after the long weekend. It was actually pretty good, since I was able to fix pretty much everything that came my way.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^ :thumbsup:
My printer was in a bad mood and I almost didn't have enough paper for printing today. Mental note: get more paper.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:23 pm
Too hot to sleep well last night.
I think this means you need a new swamp cooler. Do you have ceiling fans? Those save our lives in the summer.

From now on, I'm going to be rooting for the wrong cheese to be put on my burger :lol:
Last edited by scottydog on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I have a fan on my nightstand. Still too warm for my taste though.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:47 pm
Gary wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:09 pm
I have the new, lo-tone horn installed which accompanies the existing hi-tone horn.
What's that, like a polite horn? Cool idea. I hate using my horn because it's so obnoxious. If the light turns green and the person in front of me doesn't notice, I usually just sit there and wait for them to notice-- or else the person behind me beeps. :lol:

Definitely NOT polite. Like I said, I want to get people's attention to either wake up or pay attention.

I followed this person's instructions, but did my setup better.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ICy1HVbfgNs[/youtube]

I was trying to figure out how to set up four horns (four separate notes) like the old Cadillacs.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Good evening. :hello:

Didn't do much today. Well, we last electricity for an hour or so. So, I went to the store and bought a couple of things. When I got home, the power was back on. Phew!

Then I paid a couple of bills. Not all of them, of course. And now I'm figuring out how to stretch my EBT $$ - all $15.00 of it. Still applying for jobs. Looks like I'm gonna have to go out from place to place leaving a copy of my resume.

Today was Hug Your Cat Day. Which is a nice thought, but there is no way Queenie would stand for a hug. So she got extra petting and scratches. :wiggle:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh: