Moderator: Renie

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: impending upgrade

Post by RJDiogenes »

Enjoy breakfast. Relax and don't get stressed out. :yes:

I don't see any change in the colors, though. :angel:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

Hmm, you should - there is only one template installed and that's the one I edited. Maybe you have the old colour scheme still stored in your browser? Have you tried emptying the cache?
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I ran CCleaner and that did the trick. I can see our logo now, too. :bounce:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Hey Huggle, slight colour glitch - the colour of followed links (i.e. how links look when you've visited them before) is almost the same as the background colour. :) Makes it unreadable.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

thanks Jim, I had overlooked that one. It should work now. Is the dark blue for hovering over a link ok or should I change it?
Just managed to fix the background on the topic list and position the banner correctly. The annoying blue lines around the search and reply windows are gone as well.
And *drumroll* the database is no longer 2 versions behind the software. Both are running 3.2.2. now (and gave me quite a scare when I exited the ACP and got a 500 but apparently it was only a server hickup - pheeewww).
This silver lining has a pretty fat cloud, though: I had to completely deinstall the abbcode-hack as it blocked the upgrade. That's why a lot of buttons and special functions are missing now.

Now I'll go hunting for a new abbcode version and install it, so that we get our nice additional features back
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

ok, new abbcode hack is installed but appears to have a tiny flaw in its coding. I'll try to fix it.
Many functions of the old hackhave been summed up into a single one in this new hack. For example, we don't need special youtube tags anymore as the video tag (the icon before the last, the one with the black arrow) is supposed to work with every sort of video link.
hmm, we better test that:
https://youtu.be/rh9BVFQTJRU
yep. works.
To resize images use the "rs"-link. There's no icon for that one yet but I'll try to build one.

There are a few buttons still missing. I'll have to find out how to code these missing functions. That'll take a bit, I'm afraid. Coding is not one of my strengths.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

huggle wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:50 pm
ok, new abbcode hack is installed but appears to have a tiny flaw in its coding.
Everything seems to be working, including the two custom codes that I made:

And they don't even need a buffer code to work anymore. :D
For example, we don't need special youtube tags anymore as the video tag (the icon before the last, the one with the black arrow) is supposed to work with every sort of video link.
Yay, we have video embedding back. And it even accepts "https."

Thank you very much. Everything looks great.
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
Hmm. This code is new. I'll have to look around and see what we got. :D

huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

the flaw I was refering to is only on the admin control panel when you open "ABBC3 settings". I get one of these annoying "Can't execute command. Headers already sent by xyz" messages on top of the page. The page itself works, though, so that this is more an optical problem than a functional one.

Cute custom code! It reminds me a bit of that ancient tennis game to be played on TV-screens. IIRC it was called Pong. :thumbsup:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

^^ I had that. :lol: