Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

Post by scottydog »

Cayla wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:03 pm
My flight arrived in Cleveland on time. It was a bumpy ride the last hour of the flight.
I'm amazed that flights weren't cancelled yesterday. I'm so glad you made it home safely. We have friends in Cleveland who posted pics on FB and it looked like you got a foot of snow.
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:43 pm
^I was never into the night life even when I was young. I think I was born old.
You must be part Benjamin Button :oldman:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I keep forgetting that tomorrow is a holiday-- then I remember and feel all giddy. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:27 am
Or maybe you should hunker down in your hobbit hole sipping on a warm cup of hot chocolate :drool:
I had to go out to get my medicine refills (and get gas, which I neglected to do yesterday), but after that it was nothing but hunkering.
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:43 pm
^I was never into the night life even when I was young. I think I was born old.
My idea of night life is to sit out in the backyard and look up at the stars. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
My flight arrived in Cleveland on time. It was a bumpy ride the last hour of the flight.
Wow, I'm also surprised that they didn't cancel the flights. I'm glad you made it home safely.
We witnessed a couple of cars spinning out on the highway, while on our way home from the airport.
Same here. I was sitting here last night and heard a big thump outside-- somebody had spun into the curb coming out of Big Y.
scottydog wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:20 pm
You must be part Benjamin Button :oldman:
Or Merlin. :unsure:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Did some more genealogical research today and found that I might have a common ancestor with dad. :unsure:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. did nothing of interest yesterday - just chores, cook, read, plot-trot. shop-hike.
coffee with L decorates the day ahead which rounds off with indian tucker.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's three degrees out there and everything is covered in a shell of ice. It's going to look pretty spectacular when the sun comes up. But will I be brave enough to go out and take pictures? :lol:
Lupine wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:49 pm
Did some more genealogical research today and found that I might have a common ancestor with dad. :unsure:
Wow, that's pretty cool. :yes:
Madeliaette wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:06 am
GM. did nothing of interest yesterday - just chores, cook, read, plot-trot. shop-hike.
coffee with L decorates the day ahead which rounds off with indian tucker.
Well, it's Monday now-- the best day of the week. :D

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

It is back to work, after being off for a week and a half. I'm not looking forward to leaving my warm and cozy house to go out into the frozen tundra. It's going to be a hectic week, as the doctor will be going on a two week vacation beginning next week.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy MLK, Jr., Day, everyone :hello:

I'm glad we celebrate this man's heroic effort to bring racial equality to America. I also think that we should also celebrate Susan B. Anthony's birthday in February; I'm surprised this holiday hasn't been established yet.
Lupine wrote:
Very cool. Will you be able to identify who this person is?
Cayla wrote:
One would think that we have never had a snow storm here.
True here, too, and probably everywhere. People are careless and underestimate the slipperiness of snow and ice.

RJ, I hope you can get some pics today of the icy world in which you are encased.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Cayla wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:55 am
It is back to work, after being off for a week and a half. I'm not looking forward to leaving my warm and cozy house to go out into the frozen tundra.
It's literally 1 degree outside here. And the wind is picking up. :cold:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:00 pm
I'm glad we celebrate this man's heroic effort to bring racial equality to America.
Indeed. It's hard to believe that there was once a time when White guys weren't allowed to have Black girlfriends.
I also think that we should also celebrate Susan B. Anthony's birthday in February; I'm surprised this holiday hasn't been established yet.
I think by now we have enough cultural icons to make every weekend a three-day weekend.
RJ, I hope you can get some pics today of the icy world in which you are encased.
It's too cloudy to show off the ice coatings very well, unfortunately. I might take a picture of my car, though-- it's a solid block of ice. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

No major plans for today.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:32 am
It's three degrees out there and everything is covered in a shell of ice. It's going to look pretty spectacular when the sun comes up. But will I be brave enough to go out and take pictures? :lol:
Bundle up! :cold:
scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:00 pm
Lupine wrote:
Very cool. Will you be able to identify who this person is?
Someone named William Bourchier born in the late 1300s. A long ways back. That far back probably everyone is related in some fashion.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

I'm sitting in my car, freezing. :lol: The sun came out enough to thaw out the driver's-side door, but it will take a while to defrost the whole thing.

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

About forty-five minutes to be exact. It wasn't too bad. The car actually warms up pretty quickly. At least it started up. :lol:

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

And the long weekend crunches to an icy close....
Lupine wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm
Bundle up! :cold:
It's not too bad here in the oasis of my space heater. If the wind dies down it will be more comfortable.
Someone named William Bourchier born in the late 1300s. A long ways back. That far back probably everyone is related in some fashion.
I've got an ancestor named Mitochondrial Eve. Does she show up in your family tree?

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:53 pm
:lol:

Bourchier sounds French. Maybe this explains why you like french fries :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:40 pm
The sun came out enough to thaw out the driver's-side door, but it will take a while to defrost the whole thing.
A while meaning "late April" :lol: I hope your car heater works.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:00 pm
A while meaning "late April" :lol: I hope your car heater works.
It took about forty-five minutes. The layer of ice on the car was about a half-inch thick. It really wasn't too bad inside, though. I've noticed that this car has a pretty good greenhouse effect.

emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:46 pm
Sheesh. The supermarkets are overflowing with people. It's just a snowstorm, not the Zombie Apocalypse.
I RENENBER FOOD SHOPPPING IN A SHOW STORM,
emma glitch wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Scotty, I have something big to tell you. I have just given up my chocolate avoidance. I no longetr have to worry about my weight. And I heard a video from a good doctor I admire, telling me that chocolate, dark chocolate is a health food, abd I got a couple bars of Lily's dark choclolate at Whole Foods where it is on sale. It is not sweetened with sugar, but with Stevia, and it is delicious. I ate about two squares of it. And make that my daily portion.
I'm not familiar with Stevia, but dark chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate.
I said a while back that if I ever eat chocolate agin it will be dark chocolate, and it was, stevia is natural sweetener, I first tried it years ago, before it came into great use, and I was hoping it would get used in prepared foods and now it is.
emma glitch wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:07 pm
He also says that coffee is good for me too, but it will take more effort for me there
it didn't take much effort, Also on sale at Whole Fppds was individual servings of Bulletproof cold brewed coffee. I like their lemon candy so I tried
some. They had vanilla latte abd chocolate coffee, I'll try those sometime but tried their plain coffee and liked it.
I generally don't like coffee, but there were some flavored kinds that I liked at my old job. I think Jamaica Blue was one of them.
The guy also says fermented abd pickled foods are good abd I knew that so I have sauer fkaut and pickles, my neighbor has sonme homemade pickles abd tger were so good I asked her to get tghe recipe, she's taking the wonman who made them to the doctor now so WIll ask. I'll get a red cabbage abd make some good rotcole. Wish I knew how my German grandma made sauerkraut, My Slovenian grandma wasn't much of a cook, so I never made potica oeranything else. Bummer. Potica is like a walnut can't think of the name of the kind of pastry it is. Streudal? POTICA IS prounced Poe tee za
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/