Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, all :hello:

Today's a heavy teaching day. At least I can get home by 4pm for a late-day nap. Plus I can look forward to dancing tonight with The Wife :dancer:

All these dental issues for Maddy are bringing back bad memories of my root canal, extractions, surgeries, etc. You'd think that millions of years of evolution would have designed a better mouth for us :no:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Natasha took an extra shift at work tomorrow, and Apryl is working too, so we are toying with staying in St Augustine another night. The hotel said we may, we just need to let them know by 11:00am.

Yesterday we went to Vilano Beach to hunt for sharks teeth. Everyone but us finds them there. Yesterday, I finally found some...3. Afterwards, we took a drive to Washington Oaks State Park. It has beautiful gardens, and hiking trails. In the evening, we went in a private 2 1/2 hour ghost tour. Our guide was originally from Toledo. He drove us in and around the town, and told us many spooky stories, and historical facts about the neighborhoods. We went to an old voodoo cemetery, tucked away from the city. It was creepy wandering around there at night.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Hope you get to stay one more day.

Good morning, gang. :yawn:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:40 am
Madeliaette wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:20 am
cobra to me is Indian beer!
Interesting. I'm not sure if that's available here.
Wiki says it's only available in the UK, Europe, India, the Middle East, and East Asia.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:24 pm
All these dental issues for Maddy are bringing back bad memories of my root canal, extractions, surgeries, etc. You'd think that millions of years of evolution would have designed a better mouth for us :no:
We weren't however designed to eat large quantities of sugar.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I just found out that Carol Channing has died. :bye:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:24 pm
Tell me about it. Why did sharks get all the great dentition?
Cayla wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:54 pm
In the evening, we went in a private 2 1/2 hour ghost tour. Our guide was originally from Toledo. He drove us in and around the town, and told us many spooky stories, and historical facts about the neighborhoods. We went to an old voodoo cemetery, tucked away from the city. It was creepy wandering around there at night.
That sounds great. :D
Lupine wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:49 pm
Wiki says it's only available in the UK, Europe, India, the Middle East, and East Asia.
That's what I figured. Oh, well. Cobra Beer sounds cool. Like something Nick Fury would drink. :lol:
We weren't however designed to eat large quantities of sugar.
We have exceeded our design parameters. :lol:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ Yeah, I'm afraid my slight craving for chocolate took its toll on my teeth :D

But now I'm very good about brushing and flossing.

Too bad about Carol Channing. She was one of a kind!

Cayla, have you had a chance to see jgc?
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. for me, it was eating toffees when i was 5-14 years old - i came to adulthood so full of fillings they kept falling out and getting bigger and bigger.... i think its other stuff - not just sugar - its also how hard stuff is how much you use them, etc. if we all had a plantbased diet from birth onwards and scrubbed our dents after each meal without missing - we might have perfect munchers....
well today i expect to hike to the store before a wet nothing day cooking/reading tomorrow and unknown sunday....
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everybody. :hello:

It's Friday! :bounce:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:51 pm
Cayla, have you had a chance to see jgc?
I was wondering that, too.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:18 am
GM. for me, it was eating toffees when i was 5-14 years old - i came to adulthood so full of fillings they kept falling out and getting bigger and bigger.... i think its other stuff - not just sugar - its also how hard stuff is how much you use them, etc.
I suspect my braces did a lot of damage to my teeth as well.

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Heredity is also a factor in teeth. I was blessed with good teeth, even though I abused them the first 30 years of my life. Two fillings from childhood are all I have.

We did stay in St Augustine another night. We drove to Cocoa Beach for the day. We spent the evening in downtown St Augustine. Today, we are going back to Apryl’s. I will do laundry this afternoon, and spend one last evening with the family. I did not get a chance to meet with jgc, because we did not stay with my aunt. Instead, we were with my sisters over in the next county. I was also busy helping Natasha with getting her life together after her husbands death.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Friday, everyone :hello:

Today I hope to get some writing done. Tonight I hope to see Glass, M. Night Shyamalan's new movie.
Madeliaette wrote:
... if we all had a plantbased diet from birth onwards and scrubbed our dents after each meal without missing - we might have perfect munchers....
Perfect Munchers should be the name of a punk rock band. :guitar:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:22 am
I suspect my braces did a lot of damage to my teeth as well.
Damn. Your orthodontist must have been incompetent. That's really awful :no:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:51 pm
I did not get a chance to meet with jgc
That's too bad but it's understandable. Sounds like you've been really busy, and having a good time, too.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, gang. :yawn:

Doing laundry at the moment. Been wondering if I should assault a market at some point today.
Madeliaette wrote:
if we all had a plantbased diet from birth onwards and scrubbed our dents after each meal without missing - we might have perfect munchers....
Hard to say. Plant fibers can be pretty tough which is why animals like rodents and horses have teeth that grow their entire lives.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

The three-day weekend is here. Time to slip into a nice, comfortable coma. :coma:
Cayla wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:51 pm
We drove to Cocoa Beach for the day.
Nice. Did you see Jeannie and Major Nelson?
I was also busy helping Natasha with getting her life together after her husbands death.
How are she and the kids doing?
scottydog wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:53 pm
Perfect Munchers should be the name of a punk rock band. :guitar:
Or a new Zombie Apocalypse series. :zombie:
Damn. Your orthodontist must have been incompetent. That's really awful :no:
No, he just had an incompetent, very non-compliant patient. :lol: Also, I had really bad teeth. I ended up needing jaw surgery when I was in high school.
Lupine wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Hard to say. Plant fibers can be pretty tough which is why animals like rodents and horses have teeth that grow their entire lives.
Orthodontists would be the ruling class if we had teeth like that.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I'd be sitting here gnawing a piece of hardwood as I read that.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:04 pm
Doing laundry at the moment.
I'm currently in a laundry emergency. I'm wearing my last pair of clean underwear. May have to go commando tomorrow :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:33 pm
Did you see Jeannie and Major Nelson?
Ohhh. I forgot that was their location. I'm forgetting my 60 TV sitcom trivia.
jgc
Senator
Senator

Post by jgc »

Hey, y'all! :hello:

Cayla did text me the other day. We're planning on meeting up later this year. I figured she and Ron would be busy with family.

Same old, same old going on here.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. :thumbsup:
Imagine by John Lennon

:nh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:46 pm
Ohhh. I forgot that was their location. I'm forgetting my 60 TV sitcom trivia.
Even as the last of my brain cells shrivel and die, this will be the information that survives.
jgc wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:24 am
Cayla did text me the other day. We're planning on meeting up later this year. I figured she and Ron would be busy with family.
That's good. I hope you do get to meet up. It's always nice to see you drop by. :hug: