Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

A new forum spawned from the terrible crash of 8/08.
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #94: Nontotient Plutonium NBA

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. walking into an empty weekend - sigh. L may save the days, otherwise its double cook/read/chores with a possible plot trot or shop waddle thrown in.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I'm off to breakfast with Mom and Chloe. I better get gas and go shopping, too, because the snow is moving in this afternoon.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, all :hello:

This morning I'll have coffee and brunch with three friends. I'll need a nap by this afternoon :sleep:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:22 am
double cook and shop waddle
Are you waddling while you shop because you've eaten twice as much? :shrug:
Madeliaette wrote:
walking into an empty weekend
Let me suggest that you consider joining Toastmasters. I checked and the organisation exists in your area. Back in the 1980s when I was feeling isolated, I started going to Toastmasters meetings and they were a wonderful way to meet fun, interesting people.

I'm glad Cayla is delaying her return by a day or two, as I think Cleveland is getting hammered by snow today. Hope y'all have a great day.
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

My company has designated MLK Day as a holiday, so I have a three day weekend. One I warm up, I'm planning to make a batch of Slow-Cooker Chai Tea. It's my first time using this recipe and I am eager to try it. I couldn't find cardamom pods, just ground cardamom, so I'll wing it on the measurements.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

We shall see if I can fly home or not today. My flight is not until 4:30pm. I’m going to spend the morning with Apryl.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 am
Happy Saturday, all :hello:

This morning I'll have coffee and brunch with three friends. I'll need a nap by this afternoon :sleep:
Madeliaette wrote:
double cook and shop waddle
Are you waddling while you shop because you've eaten twice as much? :shrug:
Madeliaette wrote:
walking into an empty weekend
Let me suggest that you consider joining Toastmasters. I checked and the organisation exists in your area. Back in the 1980s when I was feeling isolated, I started going to Toastmasters meetings and they were a wonderful way to meet fun, interesting people.
I joined years ago and became quite a speaker. It was fun.
I'm glad Cayla is delaying her return by a day or two, as I think Cleveland is getting hammered by snow today. Hope y'all have a great day.
Yeah I remember winter in Cleveland.

Scotty, I have something big to tell you. I have just given up my chocolate avoidance. I no longetr have to worry about my weight. And I heard a video from a good doctor I admire, telling me that chocolate, dark chocolate is a health food, abd I got a couple bars of Lily's dark choclolate at Whole Foods where it is on sale. It is not sweetened with sugar, but with Stevia, and it is delicious. I ate about two squares of it. And make that my daily portion.
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

He also says that coffee is good for me too, but it will take more effort for me there
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Hi, Emma! :hug:

Good morning, everyone. :coffee:

Have some shopping to do today.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:41 am
I'm off to breakfast with Mom and Chloe. I better get gas and go shopping, too, because the snow is moving in this afternoon.
Stay warm!
Cayla wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:28 pm
We shall see if I can fly home or not today. My flight is not until 4:30pm. I’m going to spend the morning with Apryl.
Have a safe trip!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everybody. :hello:

Sheesh. The supermarkets are overflowing with people. It's just a snowstorm, not the Zombie Apocalypse.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 am
Let me suggest that you consider joining Toastmasters.
That's a great idea. I love toast.
Gary wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:11 pm
One I warm up, I'm planning to make a batch of Slow-Cooker Chai Tea.
That sounds delicious. I could have it with my toast.
Cayla wrote:
According to my app, it's already snowing there and will continue through tomorrow morning. They might be cancelling flights.
emma glitch wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:06 pm
Scotty, I have something big to tell you. I have just given up my chocolate avoidance. I no longetr have to worry about my weight. And I heard a video from a good doctor I admire, telling me that chocolate, dark chocolate is a health food, abd I got a couple bars of Lily's dark choclolate at Whole Foods where it is on sale. It is not sweetened with sugar, but with Stevia, and it is delicious. I ate about two squares of it. And make that my daily portion.
I'm not familiar with Stevia, but dark chocolate is my favorite kind of chocolate.
emma glitch wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:07 pm
He also says that coffee is good for me too, but it will take more effort for me there
I generally don't like coffee, but there were some flavored kinds that I liked at my old job. I think Jamaica Blue was one of them.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:52 pm
Stay warm!
So far it's still warm inside. The temperature is just starting to drop and the first flakes of snow are coming down.

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

emma glitch wrote:
I joined years ago and became quite a speaker. It was fun.
I have no doubt you are a great speaker. :taptap:
emma glitch wrote:
Scotty, I have something big to tell you. I have just given up my chocolate avoidance.
This is great news. Your life is now complete :dance:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:46 pm
Sheesh. The supermarkets are overflowing with people. It's just a snowstorm, not the Zombie Apocalypse.
I thought only southerners panicked when snow was forecast :lol:
Cayla wrote:
We shall see if I can fly home or not today. My flight is not until 4:30pm.
You may have to parachute down into the snow in Ohio :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM.
no thanks - i want to rid my life of set time/have to appts, especially evening ones which i assume they are - i work weekday evenings and look forward to eating at a chosen time weekends, and i have no need of finding 'fun/interesting' people. there are plenty of those at the plot/on my local travels/online if i want to find them - but i dont. I ONLY want one specific person's company, without which i would rather be alone in an empty life.

had a nothing day yesterday and another lined up today - tho as its not sposed to rain again til tuesday, i may pop to the plot with scraps or hop the hill to the store.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's a Winter Wonderland out there. Maybe I should test out how my new car does in the snow.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:00 pm
People here only panic about supplies. They get reckless in the snow.
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:23 am
I ONLY want one specific person's company, without which i would rather be alone in an empty life.
Not counting ReNext, I hope.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Sunday, everyone :hello:

We just had a warm rain blow through and the temperature will now drop 42 degrees between this morning and tonight. :loopy:

Today after church I'll review two movies with my buddy Greg. Then it's home and watching football.
Lupine wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:52 pm
Have some shopping to do today.
I hope you loaded up on chocolate :yum:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:43 am
It's a Winter Wonderland out there. Maybe I should test out how my new car does in the snow.
Or maybe you should hunker down in your hobbit hole sipping on a warm cup of hot chocolate :drool:
Madeliaette wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:23 am
i want to rid my life of set time/have to appts, especially evening ones
As I've gotten older, I've notice in myself and among my friends that we don't like going out at night anymore. It's funny because when you're young, you love the nightlife.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I was never into the night life even when I was young. I think I was born old.

Good morning, all. :coffee2:

No major plans today though I might have to batten some things down as there's some heavy wind predicted for later today and tomorrow.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:43 am
scottydog wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:00 pm
People here only panic about supplies. They get reckless in the snow.
Same here. 10 or 15 years back we had a SUV roll just down the road. Luckily no one was badly hurt.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good afternoon!

My flight arrived in Cleveland on time. It was a bumpy ride the last hour of the flight. There must have been about 40 snow removal vehicles lined up along the runway. We witnessed a couple of cars spinning out on the highway, while on our way home from the airport.

My day has so far consisted of laundry, vacuuming, mopping, and grocery shopping. I was out of pretty much everything. The store shelves were not stocked. The manager at Aldi's told us that all of last week, people were in a frenzy buying groceries and stocking up. He said the traffic was terrible, too. One would think that we have never had a snow storm here.

I'm going to make a pot of potato soup to have for the week. Then I am going to build a fire in the wood stove, find something on tv, and relax until I go back to work tomorrow.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.