Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by Cayla »

I forgot I had a dentist appointment, this morning. Thankfully, I received a text reminder 45 minutes prior. I went to my previous employer, downtown. He was happy to see me, and gave me a nice discount.

Afterwards, I had to take Ron his lunch. Then I stopped at the store to exchange something. This was followed by a trip to the bank, and then to the church. I owed the church secretary's daughter money for letting the dogs out after school, while I was on vacation. I haven't been to church since before Florida. Pastor showed up, so I ended up staying and chatting with them for over an hour. Needless to say, I haven't done anything else that I said I was going to do. I'm already in my jammies, and making a pot of spaghetti sauce. I think I will leave the house work for Saturday.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Yep, I'm running late. No HQ today, though. That's next week. Good thing I checked my calendar. :mellow:
scottydog wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am
I'm so glad you now have a reliable car to get you there. Seems like a long time since you've last added a car problem to the Broken Things thread (knock on :wood:)
Yeah, it's been working out very well. It handled the extreme cold very well. I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can take it up the Blue Hills and stuff.
Cayla wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:50 pm
He also has an appointment with his Primary Care doctor in March, but he does not understand why he needs to see him, if the surgeon is taking care of this problem.
Well, they call them primary care for a reason. :lol:
It is about 2 country doctors in Northern Ireland, during the 1960's, and how they deal with the quirky characters of the village. After I began reading it, and enjoying it, I found out it is one of a series of 13 books. Now I have to read the other 12 books. :lol:
That sounds like a gift idea for my Mother. What's the title?

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

^
The author is Patrick Taylor. The book I am reading, An Irish Country Christmas, was purchased at a rummage sale. It is the 3rd book in the series. It has some humorous parts to it.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

We got hit with a power-outage due to maintenance Edison forgot to warn us about. :warn:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Cayla wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:53 pm
The author is Patrick Taylor. The book I am reading, An Irish Country Christmas, was purchased at a rummage sale. It is the 3rd book in the series. It has some humorous parts to it.
Cool. Looks like the first one is An Irish Country Doctor. Just in time for my Mother's birthday in three weeks. Thanks. :D
Lupine wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:06 pm
We got hit with a power-outage due to maintenance Edison forgot to warn us about. :warn:
You'd think they could do maintenance without knocking people's power out these days.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^One would think. But a simple warning would have been nice.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

RJ there is a box set with the first three books. I saw it for $19.99, but cannot remember which site. It may have been Amazon.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

They do have it on Amazon for about that price, but I already ordered the hardcover. That's okay, because I think she is actually more likely to actually read a hardcover than a paperback.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Our dance lesson tonight was intense. We have a million more moves to memorize for this group formation exhibition that we may have to do in public in a month or so. :scared:
Cayla wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm
I haven't done anything else that I said I was going to do. I'm already in my jammies
Why is it that it feels so satisfying being in one's jammies in the middle of the day? :D
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 pm
Yeah, it's been working out very well. It handled the extreme cold very well. I can't wait for the weather to get better so I can take it up the Blue Hills and stuff.
I'm glad the car is working out. We have Blue Mountains here in Virginia. Who knew hills and mountains could be so depressed? :lol:
Lupine wrote:
The man's been dead for 100 years, I'd cut him some slack...... :peekaboo:
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

Most of the day was spent dealing with snow, ice and winds.
scottydog wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am
Good to see you again, Elara.
Good to be seen. Thanks, scottydog. :)
Cayla wrote:
Pastor showed up, so I ended up staying and chatting with them for over an hour. Needless to say, I haven't done anything else that I said I was going to do. I'm already in my jammies, and making a pot of spaghetti sauce. I think I will leave the house work for Saturday.
Any time you get caught by someone, you can be certain you'll get nothing done. :yes:
Lupine wrote:
They always seem to forget to warn about these things, even when they promise to warn before power is cut. :no:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:43 am
Our dance lesson tonight was intense. We have a million more moves to memorize for this group formation exhibition that we may have to do in public in a month or so. :scared:
:Ahhh: Good luck!
scottydog wrote:
The man's been dead for 100 years, I'd cut him some slack...... :peekaboo:
hmmm... No. :lol:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. gales and rain the forcast for today - so no chance of my walking thru rustington to LH and popping in their library for a mushroom ID book. chores and a plot trot may happen - or i might indulge in some fancy cooking - all ends with evening job and a book.
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

Pulled my old computer games controller out of storage this week but the soft plastic has degraded so it's all icky to touch. I've thrown it out and ordered a new one... Got a flight SIM game at Christmas, want to go do a barrel roll under the Golden Gate Bridge. :D
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's Friday! And we've got theater tickets tonight, so I won't be around until late.
scottydog wrote:
Wow, I thought it was just something you did for fun. :unsure:
I'm glad the car is working out. We have Blue Mountains here in Virginia. Who knew hills and mountains could be so depressed? :lol:
I wonder how the valleys and canyons feel.
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:15 am
gales and rain the forcast for today - so no chance of my walking thru rustington to LH and popping in their library for a mushroom ID book.
That's too bad. We've had off and on for a couple of days, too.
Jim Gamma wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 am
Pulled my old computer games controller out of storage this week but the soft plastic has degraded so it's all icky to touch. I've thrown it out and ordered a new one... Got a flight SIM game at Christmas, want to go do a barrel roll under the Golden Gate Bridge. :D
Watch out for falling Klingon ships. :lol:

:tea:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Friday, all :hello:

Today should be a good day. Just a few meetings. I didn't sleep well last night so I hope to catch a nap later :sleep:

By the way, the name of this thread stumps me -- what does Americium Interstate Dogme mean? :conf:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 am
we've got theater tickets tonight, so I won't be around until late.
Enjoy. Be sure to tell us what you saw and how good it was.
Elara wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 am
scottydog wrote:
We have a million more dance moves to memorize for this group formation exhibition that we may have to do in public in a month or so. :scared:
:Ahhh: Good luck!
Thanks, Elara.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:25 am
Wow, I thought it was just something you did for fun. :unsure:
99.9% of the time, we do just dance for fun. That's because of our first and only public performance turned into the Showcase Debacle of 2011, which we still haven't recovered from. We had a wardrobe malfunction and that's all I'm going to say on the subject. :wtf: :lol: Only now, 8 years later, are we getting back up on that horse. :horse:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Elara wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:31 am
Cayla wrote:
Pastor showed up, so I ended up staying and chatting with them for over an hour. Needless to say, I haven't done anything else that I said I was going to do. I'm already in my jammies, and making a pot of spaghetti sauce. I think I will leave the house work for Saturday.
Any time you get caught by someone, you can be certain you'll get nothing done. :yes:

We talked about heavy metal music (apparently, we listened to the same music back in the day :lol: ), my teenage years of beer drinking and cigarette smoking (he claims this didn't make me a bad kid :conf: ), and compared notes on each others dogs. :lol: He and the church's secretary also like to pick on each other. He really is a fun and easy person to converse with. He is full of funny stories, but is also very wise when one needs advice.