Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by RJDiogenes »

Heh. No, I'm waiting for warmer weather. I'll probably have an appointment on my birthday weekend.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Gary
Senator
Senator

Post by Gary »

scottydog wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 am
Happy Chewsday, everyone :hello:

Today's a heavy teaching day. The Wife had to wake up very early to go to Wash DC for a work-trip today, so I'm a tad sleep-deprived. Hopefully I can catch a late nap around 4:30 this afternoon.
Madeliaette wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:40 am
well scottydog - i just so happened to bake a vegan CHOCOLATE cake with salted caramel coating of which there are two slices left.... :D
choc cake.jpg
This looks scrumptious! I don't like very many vegan foods but I do love vegan chocolate. :bounce:
Salted caramel is my newest Achilles heel.
You can have my Oxford comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Gary wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:40 am
Salted caramel is my newest Achilles heel.
Mine, too. Add some chocolate to it, and I have to look down to see Cloud 9. :D
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. and i have finally perfected it - one lump mollasses, one pouring of coffee-sugar, a sprinkle of palm sugar, a blob of olive spread and a grating of himalayan salt whizzed in the pan then poured over a cake! :thumbsup:
Are there places you can advertise for free, like community forums or a pin-up board at the supermarket or something?
yes and they all have ads from others seeking cleaner/carer jobs, so its not worth my trouble trying.
if he weather stays dry, i shall start planting my spring crops on friday - just onions, garlic, broad beans til it warms up, but.... :dance:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

Today is the day I must go in to HQ. Good timing, blizzard. :mellow:
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 am
yes and they all have ads from others seeking cleaner/carer jobs, so its not worth my trouble trying.
You've got nothing to lose, though, and you've got a lot of experience and good references. :yes:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Wednesday, everyone :hello:

Today I have a few meetings, and that's about it. I feel so relieved about FINALLY finishing this book chapter that I've been working on since November. Not sure why I had such a block about completing it.
Madeliaette wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 am
i have finally perfected it - one lump mollasses, one pouring of coffee-sugar, a sprinkle of palm sugar, a blob of olive spread and a grating of himalayan salt whizzed in the pan then poured over a cake! :thumbsup:
Sounds heavenly. Maybe this is how you can make money -- selling your amazing sweets :drool:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 am
Yikes. I hope you aren't risking your life just to get to HQ. :no:
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

My neighbors take me to the movies on Tuesday and last night we saw What Men Want, it was ggood. We also took Ruth one of Amilah's facial clients and Larry, Amilah's usband brought Ruth home from her class, on art stolen by Nazis and I told her about a movie I have forgotten the name of it's about Americans who trace and find much of it, it's a good. movie and I wish I didn't have this memory problem, at least it isn't too bad just very annoying. Ruth is Jewish and was talkinga bout the woman painted in gold, one of my foavorite paintings too. Then Ruth remembered What Women Want with Mel Gibson, I had seen it too, and we had a good discussion. We our are gonna go to novies together now,

And after seeing The Green Book which we liked very much, I have Don. Shirley's CD andam enjoyng it even more than I thought I would, It has Orpheus in the Underworld on one disc and improvs on the other, and one is Ternderly, which my mother played all the time, so we got a friend of hers to play it at her memorial service, Today I have my appointment with my choice or local therapist who believes in talk therapy which as scotty told me is me telling my truth, unlike what the va shrink did, he told me to stop talking aoubt the horrible vaq fiduciary who have ruined my credit by not paying my bills and wanted me to die so they could steal my house too, I told him I wouldn't speak kindly of them and complained aoubt him as did all the men clients he had and we got him fired and that's how I got a local psycholigst. I liked the ones I had at the va hospital, but couldn't get rides and that is no way to treat a veteran service copnnected with ptsd, handing them ocer to the horrible va fiduciary and not letting them see a good va psychologist, So I'll see her today. Sje's so close I get to see her once a week. Yay! unlike the once a month we get to see va shrinks. Yhey already have me seeing a local podiatrist, who does the stuff I used to go to the va clinic but they don't do anymore, and now I'm getting a local eye doctor but when I get my rx for new reading glasses I have to bring it to the va, so more birth congrrokl glasses for me, but I will get them,
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Just an average Wednesday here, though I'm hoping for more rain.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 am
Stay warm!
scottydog wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:47 pm
I feel so relieved about FINALLY finishing this book chapter that I've been working on since November. Not sure why I had such a block about completing it.
It happens. Sometimes something just doesn't jell right or you just don't "feel" it.
emma glitch wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:31 pm
Larry, Amilah's usband brought Ruth home from her class, on art stolen by Nazis and I told her about a movie I have forgotten the name of it's about Americans who trace and find much of it, it's a good. movie
I think that's The Monuments Men and it is good. I don't know why I haven't gotten it on DVD yet.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:46 pm
scottydog wrote:
I feel so relieved about FINALLY finishing this book chapter that I've been working on since November. Not sure why I had such a block about completing it.
It happens. Sometimes something just doesn't jell right or you just don't "feel" it.
You're right. Sometimes words just flow and I can write a ton of stuff in a short time. This was painfully slow, and I'm not sure why because I'm interested in the topic.

It's happened before. There must be some kind of bio-writing cycle. I'm better off going with the flow rather than fighting the flow.
emma glitch wrote:
My neighbors take me to the movies on Tuesday and last night we saw What Men Want, it was ggood.
I need to see What Men Want. I enjoyed the original What Women Want which came out many years ago.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

scottydog wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:13 pm
Lupine wrote:
scottydog wrote:
You're right. Sometimes words just flow and I can write a ton of stuff in a short time. This was painfully slow, and I'm not sure why because I'm interested in the topic.

It's happened before. There must be some kind of bio-writing cycle. I'm better off going with the flow rather than fighting the flow.
Funnily enough I was looking through my records this morning and found that I had a year-long dry spell back in 2002.
huggle
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by huggle »

^^ You can bet on the storm starting the instant you get the toolbox out :D

^hmm 17 years - that'd match the frequency Mars is in his perihel. Maybe the planet influences your writing / inspiration? Definitely a case for Doctor Who! (Or Flash Gordon.) https://www.lunarplanner.com/HCpages/Mars2003.html

Theoretically, I ought to do the ironing, cook supper, wash my hair, tidy up the living room, water the flowers, darn my mittens (darned moths!!) and write two letters but I think practically I'll just wash my hair and fall into bed with a sandwich.. I seem to have caught hibernation, spring fatigue and sleeping sickness all at once.
(Argh! I'm turning into my mom: she always does three things at the same time)
a hug a day keeps the psychiatrist away
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

I had my biometric screening at HQ today. The consensus was that my blood pressure is high, my good cholesterol is low, and I look like David Letterman. :lol:
huggle wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:48 pm
I seem to have caught hibernation, spring fatigue and sleeping sickness all at once.
(Argh! I'm turning into my mom: she always does three things at the same time)
Hey, you're back. That was a long absence. Well, if you're going to do things in threes, then you have to post in three threads at ReNext every day. :D
scottydog wrote:
Yikes. I hope you aren't risking your life just to get to HQ. :no:
The snow turned to rain, which stopped before I left. It was slushy, but not bad.
emma glitch wrote:
And after seeing The Green Book which we liked very much, I have Don. Shirley's CD andam enjoyng it even more than I thought I would,
That's great. I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. :yes:
It has Orpheus in the Underworld on one disc
I wonder if our friend Orpheus is in the Underworld. I'm thinking yes. :lol:
and now I'm getting a local eye doctor but when I get my rx for new reading glasses I have to bring it to the va, so more birth congrrokl glasses for me, but I will get them,
About seven more months before I can go back to the eye doctor. These glasses I have now are pretty bad.
Lupine wrote:
Stay warm!
HQ was actually pretty warm for a change.
I think that's The Monuments Men and it is good. I don't know why I haven't gotten it on DVD yet.
I've heard that was pretty good.

:tea:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 pm
I had my biometric screening at HQ today. The consensus was that my blood pressure is high, my good cholesterol is low, and I look like David Letterman. :lol:
To get the good cholesterol up, you need to eat more avocados and salmon. And Letterman? Didn't know you had a beard.
Attachments
03-letterman-cover-story-1.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Well, pre-beard Letterman. That is a pretty awesome beard, but I doubt if I could grow one like it. I might look like that if I turned my head upside down.

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

I can't grow a beard. I'm too Scandanavian. :viking: