Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by scottydog »

Happy Thursday, everyone :hello:

Today's my heavy teaching day. My throat's kind of sore right now; I hope my voice holds out.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:34 am
It would be great to have a super-massive ReNext meetup at a central location-- except a central location right now is probably in the middle of the Polar Vortex. :lol:
Well that's true. There's no way I'd travel north until April at the earliest. Just remember though, that if we have a big meet-up, I'm bringing PLENTY of chocolate for everyone! :dance:

Speaking of Elara, I hope she hasn't injured herself these past few days. :lol: :headbash:

Hope y'all have a great day :yes:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

Good morning!

Since everyone is off of school, due to the Arctic Circle getting lost and ending up in Cleveland, I will spend the afternoon with my sister and the kids at their house. I haven't seen baby Ruby since Christmas Day.

emma, I would love a meet-up! scottydog, and RJ come visit. I can take a 4 day weekend to show you around town. But, come during the summer, when the weather is beautiful.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :coffee:

Trash day and there's other run of the mill items to accomplish. Some excitement yesterday as someone was filming a car chase on the highway crossing the dry lake. Delayed traffic a little bit.
RJDiogenes wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:47 pm
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:49 pm
One of the dogs has a check-up late today.
I hope all is well.
It was just a check-up and she seems OK.

Everyone stay warm out there!
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:18 am
emma glitch wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:35 pm
So Cayla we will be coming to Cleveland sometime. I'll be looking forward to meeting you. Possibly we can meet Elara too.
I think Elara lives somewhere along our route.

Wow, that's very cool. Maybe RJ and I should join you and we can have a big ReNext meetup.
Rhat would be great. Every yime tyhe bus takes me past Koutouki, I think about what qood time we had there
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
emma glitch
Patrician
Patrician

Post by emma glitch »

Cayla wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 pm
Good morning!

Since everyone is off of school, due to the Arctic Circle getting lost and ending up in Cleveland, I will spend the afternoon with my sister and the kids at their house. I haven't seen baby Ruby since Christmas Day.

Gotta go see baaby Ruby. My neighbors have a gtandbaby named Gideon. He has lots of dark hair and a big smile.

emma, I would love a meet-up! scottydog, and RJ come visit. I can take a 4 day weekend to show you around town. But, come during the summer, when the weather is beautiful.
Yeah, my neighbor is a Buckeye too, so we know when to come and when to avoid,
Emma Glitch's Reason to Live at http://emmaglitch.com/
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

More internet/cable outages. Tried logging in last night and have no idea if I accomplished it, because I got kicked offline. We were out for hours last night.
Right now I am heating my boots up so I can head out to feed and water horses and cats.
scottydog wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:06 am
You're in Iowa, right? If so, then it must be close to minus-20 degrees there, or worse. I hope you're okay :cold:
Yep, and yep. I am really looking forward to the +18 degrees Friday! :veryhappy:
Cayla wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:51 am
My furnace won't stop running. It is having a hard time keeping up with the cold. :cold:
It's crazy, isn't it? I am really done with this cold weather. :cold:
Lupine wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:49 pm
They say it's colder than Antarctica in some places up there. :no:
The -50 sure made me think that way.
freezebuttoff.jpg.gif
freezebuttoff.jpg.gif (23.78 KiB) Viewed 997 times
emma glitch wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:35 pm
He is a Buckeye who road trips, just like me, so we are planning one to Ohio. I am like a sister to him and he is like a big brother, and his wife who doens't like to road trip is my good friend and trusts us to travel together. So Cayla we will be coming to Cleveland sometime. I'll be looking forward to meeting you. Possibly we can meet Elara too.
Unfortunately, Ohio is a bit too far for me to travel. Hopefully some day I can take a trip to, well, anywhere. :)
scottydog wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 pm
Well that's true. There's no way I'd travel north until April at the earliest. Just remember though, that if we have a big meet-up, I'm bringing PLENTY of chocolate for everyone! :dance:
:lol: You sound like my oldest brother. He moved to Tennessee back in the 70's and he refuses to come visit in the summer or winter, Spring only. :lol:
scottydog wrote:
Speaking of Elara, I hope she hasn't injured herself these past few days. :lol: :headbash:
No injuries, unless you count near frostbite on my fingers. You know you've gotten close when you get into the house (after a 10 minute drive in a warm car) and the cold water you use to wash your hands feels like it's burning your skin. :Ahhh:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Today went pretty well, Polar Vortex-wise, now we'll see how the night goes.
scottydog wrote:
Better ship it ahead, just to be safe. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 pm
I'd love to come. I've been to Cleveland exactly once, and we drove through a blinding blizzard to get there and it was bitterly cold the next day. That was the time I spent the night in a motel with my lesbian boss. I should write that into a story... even though it was perfectly innocent. :angel:
Lupine wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:44 pm
Some excitement yesterday as someone was filming a car chase on the highway crossing the dry lake.
For a movie or for the news? :lol:
It was just a check-up and she seems OK.
That's good. :yes:
emma glitch wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 pm
Rhat would be great. Every yime tyhe bus takes me past Koutouki, I think about what qood time we had there
That may have been the first ReNext meetup. Or was it jgc and Cayla? I forget.
Elara wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:40 pm
Right now I am heating my boots up so I can head out to feed and water horses and cats.
Somebody should invent heated boots. And gloves. And hats. And clothes. And underwear.

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

RJDiogenes wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:27 pm
Lupine wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:44 pm
Some excitement yesterday as someone was filming a car chase on the highway crossing the dry lake.
For a movie or for the news? :lol:
:lol: Movie luckily. They were filming again today closer into town.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Groovy. Do you know what the movie is going to be?
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^One of the trucks was marked as 20th Century Fox Props.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

emma glitch wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:05 pm
Every yime tyhe bus takes me past Koutouki, I think about what qood time we had there
Was that the Greek place we ate at? The food there was delicious. And we took a good selfie, too :camera: :photo:
Elara wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:40 pm
More internet/cable outages.
I think you need to move to a more civilized town! :wiggle:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. no they did not STEAL my old phone, RJ - it was MINE, not THEIRS.
snow dribbled onto me on my walk home from wokr last night - but the heavy fall promised alas i dont think arrived - i heard rain when i woke in the night. :(
3 gloomy days lie ahead - nothing but work this evening today then 2 empty ones....roll on the ONLY day of the week worth living, MONDAY!
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

It's not too bad upstairs, but baby it's cold down here. :cold:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:50 am
Was that the Greek place we ate at? The food there was delicious. And we took a good selfie, too :camera: :photo:
It didn't work that time. :D
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:19 am
GM. no they did not STEAL my old phone, RJ - it was MINE, not THEIRS.
So you still have it? That's good. :yes:

:tea:

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Friday, all :hello:

This morning I have coffee with a couple of friends. As I'm fighting a cold, I then plan on coming home and napping. :sleep:
Madeliaette wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:19 am
...the ONLY day of the week worth living, MONDAY!
You're quite mad you know :lol: But I understand :yes:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:28 am
It's not too bad upstairs, but baby it's cold down here. :cold:
Can you work upstairs? The good news is that New England should warm up quite a bit soon.
It didn't work that time. :D
Yeah, it's puzzling why some obscure nouns work as smillies while other more common nouns don't work. :conf:

Hope y'all have a great day :cooldude:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Good morning, all. :yawn:

Just the usual here.