Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: Check-In Thread #95: Americium Interstate Dogme

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good evening, everyone. :hello:

Ah, the weekend at last. :yes:
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:37 pm
Can you work upstairs? The good news is that New England should warm up quite a bit soon.
I do work upstairs, thank goodness, but the computer I use for ReNext and my other nefarious Internet activities is downstairs. Last night it was just brutal. The cold was just pouring off the wall like liquid molasses. Tonight will be almost as cold, but not as windy, and tomorrow it will start to warm up.
Yeah, it's puzzling why some obscure nouns work as smillies while other more common nouns don't work. :conf:
I know. How can they not have fedora? :no:

:tea:
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Today was a good day. I didn't get a dang thing done and managed to enjoy guilt-free utter laziness :lol:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:40 pm
Last night it was just brutal. The cold was just pouring off the wall like liquid molasses.
I'll start making construction plans for the RNRC (ReNext Retirement Center) in Miama. :tropics:
Madeliaette
Consul
Consul

Post by Madeliaette »

GM. there was about 1/2 inch snow left so i hiked the hill to asda, then took mscrap0s to my compost tubs at the plot - it was pretty, peaceful, but pointless.
two empty days loom ahead - i have a cough from sinus drainage, so will probabaly cook/computer/read my time to oblivion.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good morning, everyone. :hello:

I have survived the long dark tea-time of the cold, and in a couple of hours I'll find out if my car did as well....
scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:40 pm
I'll start making construction plans for the RNRC (ReNext Retirement Center) in Miama. :tropics:
I'll start packing....
Madeliaette wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:24 am
it was pretty, peaceful, but pointless.
Pretty and peaceful is a pretty good point. :yes:

Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Happy Saturday, everyone :hello:

This morning I'll have coffee at Panera with a good buddy of mine. :coffee: Then I have to go grocery shopping -- tomorrow we're holding our 16th annual Super Bowl party. Usually about 25 people show up and they must be fed! :yes: :party:

Besides regular food ( :as: ) there will be chocolate brownies, regular M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, and fudge :drool:. Plus The Wife will make 25 chocolate cupcakes and arrange them in the shape of a football :football:

Y'all are invited, of course. Just don't trash the place like you did last year :lol: :loopy: :wtf:
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

scottydog wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:40 pm

This is what my husband does for a living. Estimate, draw up plans, project manages, and sometimes carpentry work. One would think he would build me a place to live, but he does work for everyone else. All our stuff is half done. :lol:

Today will be a day of light cleaning. I may or may not have a party, depending on how my husband feels today.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Another morning. :coffee:

Planning to hunker down out of the weather today. We're under high wind warning, though so far it seems pretty still out there. :unsure: Barring that I'll try to get more writing in and accomplish other needed utilities.
Cayla wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm
This is what my husband does for a living. Estimate, draw up plans, project manages, and sometimes carpentry work. One would think he would build me a place to live, but he does work for everyone else. All our stuff is half done. :lol:
My uncle once bought all the supplies needed to rebuild his kitchen (it was basically just a modified hall) but all the parts just sat there until he moved. :lol:
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Good afternoon, everyone. :hello:

My car started right up with just a little hesitation. Now it's thirty degrees, so the Polar Vortex has left us.
scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:31 pm
Y'all are invited, of course. Just don't trash the place like you did last year :lol: :loopy: :wtf:
We have a pretty dire record when it comes to parties. :lol:
Cayla wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:36 pm
How much would he charge to build the ReNext Hacienda near the Fountain of Youth in the Everglades?
Lupine wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:53 pm
My uncle once bought all the supplies needed to rebuild his kitchen (it was basically just a modified hall) but all the parts just sat there until he moved. :lol:
When I was in Junior High, my Uncle tore apart the downstairs living room and then went on a trip to Africa, and told me to work on it while he was gone. :lol:

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^"I've done the hard part, now you can do the rest!" :lol:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Lupine wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:53 pm
I'll try to get more writing in and accomplish other needed utilities.
Hmmm. "other needed utilities" sounds like code for something nefarious, like rubbing out your enemies. :devil:
RJDiogenes wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:27 pm
When I was in Junior High, my Uncle tore apart the downstairs living room and then went on a trip to Africa, and told me to work on it while he was gone. :lol:
Starting projects and not finishing them is often a sign of being affected by addiction or alcholism. :no:
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^Or just being lazy.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

^^ :lol:

Speaking of lazy and irresponsible -- I just had a nice long phone chat with a friend from grad school whom I hadn't heard from in years. He's 59 like me, but unlike me, he waited until last week to have his first colonoscopy (which they recommend you have at age 50 or younger).

So of course they found a "big mass" which they're doing a biopsy on. My friend is scared to death as you can imagine. They'll let him know the results on Tuesday.

The good news is that he's symptom-free which suggests that if it's malignant, maybe they've caught it early before it's metastscized.
Jim Gamma
Primus Pilus Centurion
Primus Pilus Centurion

Post by Jim Gamma »

*sends hugs to Scotty and friend*

Been so busy this week, going to a show on Thursday and Friday (same show, 1h long, the jokes did not get old, went twice as it had a very close friend in it). :)
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:32 pm
So of course they found a "big mass" which they're doing a biopsy on. My friend is scared to death as you can imagine. They'll let him know the results on Tuesday.
:no: Hope it turns out OK. It must be terrifying. :(
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

scottydog wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:32 pm
Speaking of lazy and irresponsible -- I just had a nice long phone chat with a friend from grad school whom I hadn't heard from in years. He's 59 like me, but unlike me, he waited until last week to have his first colonoscopy (which they recommend you have at age 50 or younger).

The good news is that he's symptom-free which suggests that if it's malignant, maybe they've caught it early before it's metastscized.
Fingers crossed for him. Masses in the colon (like lumps in the breast) are benign the vast majority of times. It's good that they found it, though, just in case.