The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Even wilder and wackier than pre-crash Miscellaneous, the survivors talk about the weather, puppies, work, and coffee.

Moderators: blablover5, Cayla

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Post by Lupine »

Another spring-like day with a high of 64. Had a stiff Santa Ana blowing early on but that didn't stop it from feeling rather warm outside. Low was 35.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Re: The Weather: The Coming of Spring.

Post by RJDiogenes »

Today was pretty nice, at least later in the day. It got up to 45 and was mostly sunny, until late afternoon when more clowns rolled in.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

:grape:
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Got up to 55 here, and sunny, too.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

It's going up to 40F with rain, today. Snow and 16F, this evening.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

A fairly average winter day here today -- partly clowny and 47, low of 30.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

67 here yesterday with clear skies save for a high clown or two. Low last night was 35.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Another day when I barely got to look up from my computer, but there was sunshine blinding me late in the afternoon. Looks like the high was 39. And at sunset, the sky was full of pink, wispy clowns.
Please visit RJ's Drive-In. :) And read Trunkards. :) And then there's my Heroes Essays at U of R. :)

Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

I'm bracing myself for the Arctic Circle.
The only way you may correct the bad things in your past is to add better things to your future.
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Another average day today, high of 49, but the arctic blast arrive this evening. It will only bring a dusting of snow, and overnight the temp will hit 22.
Cayla
Consul
Consul

Post by Cayla »

The Wind Chill Warning will go into effect tonight into Thursday afternoon. They are predicting -25F to -35F wind chills. Today we are to have snow showers, wind, high 19F (which was an hour ago), low -3F.

The good news is it will be near 50F on Sunday, and the sunrise is now at 7:41am, and the sunset is at 5:39pm. If I get out of work on time, it is still light outside when I leave.
Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

Partly clear to partly clowny yesterday, but even then we hit 70. Low last night was 38.

We've gotten some light sprinkles this morning no one was predicting.
RJDiogenes
Olympian
Olympian

Post by RJDiogenes »

Today was clowny with a high of 34 and I can already feel the deep freeze coming. By tomorrow night, we'll be in single digits. But, like Cayla, by the weekend we'll be heading back toward the 40s. Tonight it says we'll be getting some snow and rain.
Cayla wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:42 am
The Wind Chill Warning will go into effect tonight into Thursday afternoon. They are predicting -25F to -35F wind chills.
I would die.

Lupine
Imperator
Imperator

Post by Lupine »

^I'd hibernate until spring.
Elara
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Elara »

-6 today, with windchills of -30 to -40. Right now it's even worse. The temp is -21 with windchill -50. Wednesday isn't going to be any picnic either. The high is expected to be -21 with windchills of -40 to -50.
I had a lot of trouble keeping my fingers just slightly warm. Just one more day of this really bad, then we rise to singe digits below zero and then... and this is just insane, we jump to the 30's and then the 40's! 60 to 70 degrees difference! Unfortunately, they are predicting rain, which will mean lots of ice, everywhere. :P

Today the wind was lifting all that lovely snow into the air, blasting it into lovely drifts, and lifting it high enough to form clouds. And even more fun was the white out conditions when one of those "clouds" would come down and blast through. My son called it a "snowboob". :lol: (snow instead of dust [haboob])
scottydog
Imperator
Imperator

Post by scottydog »

Elara wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:53 am
...even more fun was the white out conditions when one of those "clouds" would come down and blast through. My son called it a "snowboob". :lol: (snow instead of dust [haboob])
You have a good son :lol:

I can't imagine temps that low. It gets cold here in Virginia but not THAT cold. I would not be able to survive it.

That same arctic blast arrive here today. High of 40, which aint TOO bad, but the low goes down to 11 tonight, which is way below normal.